Making rods for our own backs

MisterC

6 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

An old cliché about doing the talking on the pitch springs to mind.

Its all fine and dandy hearing about how strong, angry, fit and hungry the players are becoming but until they put together a long run of winning games it doesnt mean much.

Exactly! 

3 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

I'd rather our players and manager were thinking positive and trying to improve every training day for the next match.

We need our team to be confident for the fight ahead. Players thrive on confidence.

We are rid of guys who were just here for the big salary. We have a team who train hard and want to achive things. Surely better than last seasons team who would tools and hide when the going got tough.

I think that this seasons team actually is showing a bit of spine and long may that continue but let's hope results start to follow. 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Interviews now appear to be obligatory.

Media will ALWAYS twist what is said.

If Pedro talks up the players and squad the media jump on him for being 0ver-confident if he says something negative they will have headlines saying the manager thinks his players are shite.

lose/lose situation.  

Just now, siddiqi_drinker said:

Interviews now appear to be obligatory.

Media will ALWAYS twist what is said.

If Pedro talks up the players and squad the media jump on him for being 0ver-confident if he says something negative they will have headlines saying the manager thinks his players are shite.

lose/lose situation.  

Then you just keep a poker face and give as little away as possible. You certainly don't go giving quotes that will fire up our opponents even more. 

Sometimes I feel like Pedro can't say anything right. 

Press and other managers are snide pricks to him, don't think we need stuff like this too. 

And how criticising a young talented guy like Rossiter who's had bad luck with injuries for saying he feels the fittest he's been just seems pathetic. 

3 minutes ago, MisterC said:

Exactly! 

I think that this seasons team actually is showing a bit of spine and long may that continue but let's hope results start to follow. 

I think Pedro has brought in some good players and knows how to inspire them into training hard and giving their all in matches.

The concern most of us have is wether he is tactically astute, because if it turns out he isn't his good signings and motivational techniques will count for nothing.

1 hour ago, MisterC said:

So yesterday it was Pedro saying he felt we were stronger than ever and now today Rossitter is saying he is fitter than ever. What's it going to be tomorrow? Miller saying he missed a shot in training but it's the best miss ever? All this talking ourselves up is all and well and good if it can be backed up by performances and results on the park, but let's face it,that hasn't been happening.

I am fed up with all the shite interviews saying how great it is in training etc, it's what happens on the park that counts. All throughout his tenure, Caixinhia has spouted so much shite in interviews talking about other clubs and coming out with soundbites aimed to ingratiate himself with the fans and a whole host of other shite. I'm bloody sick of it and I just wish he would get on with things and not feel the need to ramble on when a microphone is put on front of him.

All too often we find him making a rod for our backs with his comments that then come back to bite us in the ass. It's happened time and time again and if results were going well, it's fine but not when results have on the whole been poor. I think he is a dud anyway and his stupid quotes etc just grind my gears even further.

Get on with the job,get some wins together and then you can start bragging and painting a nice rosy picture about how wonderful it all is...

Good post from the head and the heart MisterC! ??

image.gif.1bb0c297ba2b2e58365be46c9dee565d.gif

8 minutes ago, MisterC said:

Then you just keep a poker face and give as little away as possible. You certainly don't go giving quotes that will fire up our opponents even more. 

reminds me of the story of the pope arriving in Amsterdam, where the press asked if he'd visit any Amsterdam brothels.  Pope replied, are there brothels in Amsterdam.

newspaper headline next day, Pope's first question, are there brothels in Amsterdam.

So yesterday it was Pedro saying he felt we were stronger than ever and now today Rossitter is saying he is fitter than ever. What's it going to be tomorrow? Miller saying he missed a shot in training but it's the best miss ever? All this talking ourselves up is all and well and good if it can be backed up by performances and results on the park, but let's face it,that hasn't been happening.

I am fed up with all the shite interviews saying how great it is in training etc, it's what happens on the park that counts. All throughout his tenure, Caixinhia has spouted so much shite in interviews talking about other clubs and coming out with soundbites aimed to ingratiate himself with the fans and a whole host of other shite. I'm bloody sick of it and I just wish he would get on with things and not feel the need to ramble on when a microphone is put on front of him.

All too often we find him making a rod for our backs with his comments that then come back to bite us in the ass. It's happened time and time again and if results were going well, it's fine but not when results have on the whole been poor. I think he is a dud anyway and his stupid quotes etc just grind my gears even further.

Get on with the job,get some wins together and then you can start bragging and painting a nice rosy picture about how wonderful it all is...

I'd sooner hear Kenny Miller say he doesn't have a neighbour!

I hate it too. Pedro thinks he's being fly with the press but he's just making himself look like a complete fanny

As I said in another thread he shout shut his daft Portuguese gub in the press and focus more on what's on the park. Pedro seems to swagger about a bit for someone who's achieved fuck all and is working uphill. As the OP says he's making the rod for his own back. 

10 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

I think Pedro has brought in some good players and knows how to inspire them into training hard and giving their all in matches.

The concern most of us have is wether he is tactically astute, because if it turns out he isn't his good signings and motivational techniques will count for nothing.

It's hard to see what the tactics are at times, it changes so often in games. Tactics are one thing but you also need a strategy 

10 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Good post from the head and the heart MisterC! ??

image.gif.1bb0c297ba2b2e58365be46c9dee565d.gif

Cheers mate, better out than in! The Balvenie I had earlier, was very inspirational :sherlock:

9 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

reminds me of the story of the pope arriving in Amsterdam, where the press asked if he'd visit any Amsterdam brothels.  Pope replied, are there brothels in Amsterdam.

newspaper headline next day, Pope's first question, are there brothels in Amsterdam.

:lol:

Rangers have only played 2 league games this season.

Don't mind him speaking but it's what he says that's the problem. Coming out with some of the soundbites etc that he does just shows of him being even more out of depth than he is already.

He gets asked the same questions week after week - how do you expect him to be original every time? He's saying what he thinks - we are training hard - working hard - and repeat? What more is there ? 

How long would that last though? Does a team go a full 90 minutes thinking about what was said by someone in the opposition? If we are better than another team, what difference would that make anyway? If we lost or drew this match I don't see what an interview a few days before would have to do with it.

2 hours ago, MisterC said:

I think what he actually means is after such a shit loss the players have responded well and are working hard to ensure they put it right.

2 hours ago, MisterC said:

It's been a while since we actually did our Talking on the Pitch, I get sick of the Bulshit, to be honest as well.