In Support Of The Union Bears

Virtuoso

6 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

And disabled toliets?  Is it fuck our disabled fans and do this? As I have said we have 1 in Govan rear and none in the Copland and broomland stands.   To me that's a priority, yes safe standing is a good idea but how much will it cost? I want the stadium repaired etc and every penny spare spent on improving that squad.

I think our hard paying disabled fans deserve toliets in these stands first, but it's only an opinion 

They'll get them as ALL stands must have disabled viewing areas by 2019.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

And disabled toliets?  Is it fuck our disabled fans and do this? As I have said we have 1 in Govan rear and none in the Copland and broomland stands.   To me that's a priority, yes safe standing is a good idea but how much will it cost? I want the stadium repaired etc and every penny spare spent on improving that squad.

I think our hard paying disabled fans deserve toliets in these stands first, but it's only an opinion 

Of course we should have acceptable disabled facilities, it's not one or the other.

I think the scums cost around 500k so we're not talking significant money.

17 minutes ago, thebooler said:

How can you know that before tickets are sold?

It's also other revenue streams I meant. Not just ticket sales.

Ibrox is always late 40k fans the majority of home league games. And are people gonna pay more tomstand than the people seated at the games ? Well you said it will raise revenue as that's the only way I can see it raising revenue 

29 minutes ago, thebooler said:

They'll get them as ALL stands must have disabled viewing areas by 2019.

They'll get them?  Where is this money coming from as £450 per season ticket only gives so far. Another share issue ?  I spent £5k in the last one and have 2 books and I can't take my autistic son to the toilet once the game starts , was told Govan rear up at the broomland end.

You do know the stadium and the Copland rd is a memorial to those who passed away, Rangers decided back then to have an all seated stadium long before the Taylor report . 

If we did go along that route then both enclosures like back in the 80's and maybe the corners and move the away fans.

23 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

Adequate disabled facilities obviously. 

You're just being purposely difficult now though.

No I'm not, I am just saying disabled toliets should come first as they are a priority, and I would like to think adequate disabled facilties are  the very least we provide  for paying disabled fans who have suffered for years with no facilities 

3 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

No I'm not, I am just saying disabled toliets should come first as they are a priority, and I would like to think adequate disabled facilties are  the very least we provide  for paying disabled fans who have suffered for years with no facilities 

Contact the SLO about it then.

Just now, PRW. said:

Contact the SLO about it then.

Liz Kay can't get fuck all done about it, so what can Greg get done? She is great at her job within the club as she has an older disabled child so knows what she is on about. It's gonna take supporters to start demanding them as that's the only way I see it happening 

11 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

Liz Kay can't get fuck all done about it, so what can Greg get done? She is great at her job within the club as she has an older disabled child so knows what she is on about. It's gonna take supporters to start demanding them as that's the only way I see it happening 

Its literally his job to deal with stuff like this from the fans, email him.

I'm all for safe standing and credit to the UB's for pushing it but I just hope that if we do get it it's not an exclusive Union Bear thing like it's their section only 

I'd like to watch the game from the standing section but no desire to be an ultra or anything so would be good if it's open to all 

8 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I'm all for safe standing and credit to the UB's for pushing it but I just hope that if we do get it it's not an exclusive Union Bear thing like it's their section only 

I'd like to watch the game from the standing section but no desire to be an ultra or anything so would be good if it's open to all 

Bang on.  

1 hour ago, Copland bear said:

Ibrox is always late 40k fans the majority of home league games. And are people gonna pay more tomstand than the people seated at the games ? Well you said it will raise revenue as that's the only way I can see it raising revenue 

How about the Club sell flags, scarves, hats, etc for the SS Area?

How about the Club charge you an extra £10 to be in the SS Area?

How about the next generation it attracts, and the one after that, and so on?

There's just 3 examples.

1 hour ago, Copland bear said:

They'll get them?  Where is this money coming from as £450 per season ticket only gives so far. Another share issue ?  I spent £5k in the last one and have 2 books and I can't take my autistic son to the toilet once the game starts , was told Govan rear up at the broomland end.

You do know the stadium and the Copland rd is a memorial to those who passed away, Rangers decided back then to have an all seated stadium long before the Taylor report . 

If we did go along that route then both enclosures like back in the 80's and maybe the corners and move the away fans.

Then we don't compete in Europe if we don't have them. Simples.

50 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

And therein lies the problem - it's been ignored for years - not just when a SS Area is being touted.

1 hour ago, Paisleybear1872 said:

It's not one or the other and it just makes you look ridiculous playing them off against each other.

How is it? These things cost money and that's something we do not have in abundance right now, if we could magically win the league and get into at least the Europa league then I would say do both enclosures , but as it is we are skint so skint we do not have disabled toliets in most parts of the ground.   That is a fact and to put this and other thing right in the ground is gonna cost money we do not have at the moment 

Personally if we ever did go along this route I would want to fill in the corners properly also and put safe standing in corners , full Copland, both enclosures , full broomland stands and keep the Govan, main and club deck as they are. 

The club would need to put this out to season ticket holders to see how many seats we would require, 12,500 if we done the corner and the new rear bit  with the full Copland and east enclosure, they could also set up a site for fans to swap seats as I would move and I am behind the goal just over 3/4 of the way up, so I have good seats and would not want shitty seats in th Govan front row or something  

But this cost money and sadly we have not got any.  But if we were ever gonna do it then do it right