In Support Of The Union Bears

Virtuoso

25 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

How is it? These things cost money and that's something we do not have in abundance right now, if we could magically win the league and get into at least the Europa league then I would say do both enclosures , but as it is we are skint so skint we do not have disabled toliets in most parts of the ground.   That is a fact and to put this and other thing right in the ground is gonna cost money we do not have at the moment 

Personally if we ever did go along this route I would want to fill in the corners properly also and put safe standing in corners , full Copland, both enclosures , full broomland stands and keep the Govan, main and club deck as they are. 

The club would need to put this out to season ticket holders to see how many seats we would require, 12,500 if we done the corner and the new rear bit  with the full Copland and east enclosure, they could also set up a site for fans to swap seats as I would move and I am behind the goal just over 3/4 of the way up, so I have good seats and would not want shitty seats in th Govan front row or something  

But this cost money and sadly we have not got any.  But if we were ever gonna do it then do it right 

You're making out that this would cost millions, it won't. 500k isn't a lot in the grand scheme of things.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, K.A.I said:

I'm all for safe standing and credit to the UB's for pushing it but I just hope that if we do get it it's not an exclusive Union Bear thing like it's their section only 

I'd like to watch the game from the standing section but no desire to be an ultra or anything so would be good if it's open to all 

Yeah it definitely won't be exclusive and wouldn't worry about that. Not everyone in the standing section at Celtic is particularly interested in the GB, it's perfectly normal and ok for folk who just enjoy standing at football games.

1 hour ago, Copland bear said:

How is it? These things cost money and that's something we do not have in abundance right now, if we could magically win the league and get into at least the Europa league then I would say do both enclosures , but as it is we are skint so skint we do not have disabled toliets in most parts of the ground.   That is a fact and to put this and other thing right in the ground is gonna cost money we do not have at the moment 

Personally if we ever did go along this route I would want to fill in the corners properly also and put safe standing in corners , full Copland, both enclosures , full broomland stands and keep the Govan, main and club deck as they are. 

The club would need to put this out to season ticket holders to see how many seats we would require, 12,500 if we done the corner and the new rear bit  with the full Copland and east enclosure, they could also set up a site for fans to swap seats as I would move and I am behind the goal just over 3/4 of the way up, so I have good seats and would not want shitty seats in th Govan front row or something  

But this cost money and sadly we have not got any.  But if we were ever gonna do it then do it right 

I would be literally shocked if it was put in the enclosures, I really, extremely doubt that's where it will go for so many reasons.

For what you mention about stadium redevelopment there will never ever be that many safe standing sections at Ibrox if I'm reading what you are proposing correctly, not even that many in Germany either where the sections are more popular. Although I do support replacing the screens with a seating area but that would cost 10x the amount of safe standing and would be far too many years down the line.

In the grand scheme of things it's not a lot of money and if you set a date in the future of say next season or the season after, the money over the period of time would be even smaller in comparison to the size of budget over that period.

I am sorry to hear about the conditions you have to face for taking your son to the toilet, so it's completely understandable why you are passionate about this. I can say that at any meetings the UB have had with Rangers they have brought up how awful the disabled facilities are at Ibrox and the serious need to change them, so I really do hope that happens.

First of all I have no problem with this proposal and if it can happen then that would be good.

What is the situation with granting these SS areas ? Is the one at the piggery being used as a trial and if so how long is the trial period ? Who makes the decision for other stadiums once any trial period is over ? I might be wrong about it being a trial. :ohmy: 

Sorry for my ignorance about this subject.  

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 10:32 PM, Tom0411 said:

Oh and don't forget the £6,300 fine for throwing balled up paper onto the park. I am sure the club was chuffed to bits with that.

I remember big Lanliq and Eldorado bottles being lobbed about at random, I would much rather have a bit of paper bounce off my head.

On 16/08/2017 at 11:07 PM, Paisleybear1872 said:

Always laugh when I see this sort of comment to be honest. How many card displays has there been at Ibrox, even before the UB and in the champions league? We don't tell people to throw the card on the pitch and to be honest it has always happened. We done a display that involved card, people in those seats threw it on the pitch after the display. You can't hit the pitch from our section and you'd have to be ridiculously stupid to blame the group for it:lol:

You for real, the majority of nonsense that comes from the broomie tends to come for the UBs section......the paper that day was thrown from that section, I was at the game and could clearly see it coming from BR1. Even after the ref stopped the match they still threw shit on the pitch.

I admire the support of these guys and that is most welcome as are the displays and the positive stuff they bring to a game BUT the indeniable fact is there is a troublesome element within that section which has to stop.

3 minutes ago, Camshy said:

You for real, the majority of nonsense that comes from the broomie tends to come for the UBs section......the paper that day was thrown from that section, I was at the game and could clearly see it coming from BR1. Even after the ref stopped the match they still threw shit on the pitch.

I admire the support of these guys and that is most welcome as are the displays and the positive stuff they bring to a game BUT the indeniable fact is there is a troublesome element within that section which has to stop.

How could you hit the keeper from the first few rows of BF1?

17 minutes ago, Camshy said:

:lol:   

That's nearly as bad as the poster who said he threw a pie at the guy with the megaphone from BF5

17 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

What's this? :lol: 

I think it was near the start of last season, some muppet who said he was sitting in BF5 was having a go at the UB  saying the megaphone guy was getting on his tits so he threw a pie at him....   

Here it is

On 7/21/2016 at 6:30 PM, Strathaven_Loyal said:

I like their displays, but I was sitting in BF5 on Tuesday night which is the closest I've been to them and fuck me they need to take the megaphone away from that wee fud. He's missed the point of using it to build atmosphere and instead just starts screaming a different tune every fucking minute of the game then gets annoyed when nobody else joins in. There was a guy behind me in the second half who'd had enough and was looking for a pie to throw at the cunt. 

Was the guy behind him looking for a pie :lol:

Im all for safe standing at Ibrox but surely no other club in Scotland would get the go ahead till after the trial over at the paedodome and there not exactly behaving at that shit tip

But tbh if the board and manager deliver a winning side playing good football you will get the atmosphere that reflects whats happening on the pitch

3 minutes ago, TaysideBear said:

Im all for safe standing at Ibrox but surely no other club in Scotland would get the go ahead till after the trial over at the paedodome and there not exactly behaving at that shit tip

But tbh if the board and manager deliver a winning side playing good football you will get the atmosphere that reflects whats happening on the pitch

I asked about this up the page, I wonder when that trial comes to an end and who makes the decision about other clubs when the trail is over ????

9 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I asked about this up the page, I wonder when that trial comes to an end and who makes the decision about other clubs when the trail is over ????

I think it was 3 years could be incorrect though. And i would imagine it would be the SFA in conjunction with police scotland as they will be keeping an eye on arrest numbers from there safe standing section

4 minutes ago, TaysideBear said:

I think it was 3 years could be incorrect though. And i would imagine it would be the SFA in conjunction with police scotland as they will be keeping an eye on arrest numbers from there safe standing section

Cheers for that. :thumbup:

So about another 18+ months before the trial is over. I suppose if we were serious about doing it then it would take that time to get a plan in place and be ready to put in an application if the trial was seen as successful. 

We will have to see what happens over the next few weeks & months. 

Just now, Bears r us said:

Cheers for that. :thumbup:

So about another 18+ months before the trial is over. I suppose if we were serious about doing it then it would take that time to get a plan in place and be ready to put in an application if the trial was seen as successful. 

We will have to see what happens over the next few weeks & months. 

Aye would give is the time to put it out to all ST holders and get the feedback aswell as get the best location sorted and costing but hoping it happens

4 hours ago, Camshy said:

It's harder to hit the pitch from the BF1 than other sections never mind it being physically impossible to hit the goals where the problem was coming from with the keeper taking the goal kick. I'd honestly give you 100 quid if you could hit the goalpost with a bit of scrunched up A5 paper (paper aeroplanes don't count).

Just bizarre to blame the group for that:lol: 

1 hour ago, TaysideBear said:

Nope

We won the double 3 years in a row under Walter and the atmosphere was pish.