Copper dog shelve stadium application.

backup

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

LONDON club kingpin Piers Adam has axed his plans for a new entertainment venue at Ibrox stadium.

The celebrity club boss – who was best man to Guy Ritchie – pulled the plug on a booze licence bid for Copland House just outside Rangers’stadium.

The application for a premises licence was submitted to Glasgow City Council for the former offices on Edminston Drive last month.

Nightlife tycoon Adam is a director at the company Copper Dog Ibrox Limited who reneged on the plans a week after lodging the bid.

Adam, 53, is famed for running a number of trendy nightlife spots in London including Mahiki and Whisky Mist.

A spokesman for Glasgow City Council confirmed to The Scottish Sun today that the liquor licence bid had been withdrawn by the applicant.

The plans were to use the building as a venue for wedding receptions, club meetings and live music.

The nightclub supremo is known for hosting A-list celebs and royalty including Prince William and Prince Harry.

Adam was Also best man to Guy Ritchie at his wedding to Madonna in Scotland.

Copper Dog also lists Andrew Torrance as a company director and the brand launched its own whisky in December last year.

3 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

So this is the Ed House CIC, the original big secret, failed to come to anything.

Typical.

Where did the Marshalls come into this? Was there not talk they were getting it or were they working alongside this guy ?

11 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

The planning application for this was in Copland House.

Nowt to do with Edmiston House.

I'd bet a pound to a penny that old bastard Marshall and his sleekit boy have got their dirty fingers somewhere in this pie.

12 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

The planning application for this was in Copland House.

Nowt to do with Edmiston House.

is this revenue stream now dead?

We are fucked unless we can find an additional 8 figure rev stream, I hope this board are hiding something huge otherwise espanolyification will be here within 3 years.

54 minutes ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

Is it the guy that pulled the plug or GCC?

Probably the guy after reading weeks of anti rangers news from the scottish media. Probably thinks it is not worth the risk to run in the current political climate. No one wants to touch our club business wise and i think its got something to do with the negative association these days. Fuck them.

33 minutes ago, M0NTY said:

Probably the guy after reading weeks of anti rangers news from the scottish media. Probably thinks it is not worth the risk to run in the current political climate. No one wants to touch our club business wise and i think its got something to do with the negative association these days. Fuck them.

Probably hit the nail on the head

16 minutes ago, Detroit Lion said:

He sponsors the big screens at ibrox and puts money into the club already. I don't think he gives a fuck about the press.

If it's not came to fruition it'll be for logistical reasons, not because he's picked up a paper that nae cunt reads.

There is a difference between sponsoring and looking to make money. They will have had hurdles put in place and they have thought it's going to be more hassle than it's worth

1 hour ago, thehost said:

is this revenue stream now dead?

We are fucked unless we can find an additional 8 figure rev stream, I hope this board are hiding something huge otherwise espanolyification will be here within 3 years.

No idea. Don't think it was ever a goer in the first place to be honest - anybody that has been in Copland House would no it's hardly suited to a bar given it's all small offices.

We should have taken over the Lease of the Louden and surrounding pubs and shops and had all the money pouring into Rangers instead of others pockets.

We were on our arse Financially and surrounded Pubs were doing £100 legend Nights which should be the Clubs Domain.

1 hour ago, Smile said:

We should have taken over the Lease of the Louden and surrounding pubs and shops and had all the money pouring into Rangers instead of others pockets.

We were on our arse Financially and surrounded Pubs were doing £100 legend Nights which should be the Clubs Domain.

I think the next ones being done by the hotel up the road mate.

4 minutes ago, thebooler said:

I think the next ones being done by the hotel up the road mate.

As a Club we are needing to Profit from our Fanbase coming to Home games it's a ridiculous amount of Money to just let the surrounding business Profit from when we are surviving on Loans.

This Board seems incapable of bringing in extra money while we are surviving on drip fed loans.

1 minute ago, Smile said:

As a Club we are needing to Profit from our Fanbase coming to Home games it's a ridiculous amount of Money to just let the surrounding business Profit from when we are surviving on Loans.

This Board seems incapable of bringing in extra money while we are surviving on drip fed loans.

can I ask you a question? who are the personnel you would like to see as our board? particular people, like a CEO, chair etc.. names please. It just seems like you take any and every opportunity to bring the board into just about every thread - tell us who you see as doing a better job if this board are shite?