Banners on staircase

jjbscotty12

4 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

The banners are a fucking eyesore of that there is no doubt.

However, the old lady is tired and I reckon it's costing the board plenty to keep her on life support. Even the newer parts are going on 30 years. 

The upkeep and any modernisations would just be throwing good money after bad, so it's cheap and not so cheerful for the foreseeable future just to keep her on life support.

I've said before, time we moved on to a new stadium development, as the old lady just cannot live forever and her time is near I'm afraid. Same with any building, if it's becoming unsustainable to maintain and update it. 

It's served us well through the many great and glorious times and the bad as well, so we take those memories with us, maybe even the red bricks as well, but I do think time is near to have a plan to move on to pastures new.

.:megaanguish:

Incoming..........

If only Minty had built his superdooper stadium as he promised. 

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

However, the old lady is tired and I reckon it's costing the board plenty to keep her on life support. Even the newer parts are going on 30 years. 

The upkeep and any modernisations would just be throwing good money after bad, so it's cheap and not so cheerful for the foreseeable future just to keep her on life support.

I've said before, time we moved on to a new stadium development, as the old lady just cannot live forever and her time is near I'm afraid. Same with any building, if it's becoming unsustainable to maintain and update it. 

It's served us well through the many great and glorious times and the bad as well, so we take those memories with us, maybe even the red bricks as well, but I do think time is near to have a plan to move on to pastures new.

Incoming..........

IMG_3960.PNG

3 hours ago, pcbear said:

I have pretty much written off the last two lots of shares purchased, not fortunes but still close to 1000 pounds and worth what now?,I would need some convincing to go again.

Not one everyday fan should even be asked to contribute the next share issue, every bit of it should be coming from the big investors, the board etc, we do enough, it's time they did theirs

9 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Incoming..........

L702E.gif  "Maybe even take the red bricks as well " giphy.gif  FFS Mate 

29 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Incoming..........

Anything to stand up for your pal King!!:angrywillie:

Should maybe pull down Stirling and Edinburgh castles too. Well past their sell-by dates.

51 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Incoming..........

Ive said before Ibrox is the Main Stand the other 3 sides can be whatever is needed. That said would love to know where the 100 million to build a new 3 sides is coming from. 

14 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Anything to stand up for your pal King!!:angrywillie:

Should maybe pull down Stirling and Edinburgh castles too. Well past their sell-by dates.

How dare you try to besmirch Mr King. He has told me the maintenance costs and they're not to be laughed at. I'm right behind him on this.

With a dagger!

I know our emotional attachment to the old lady, but Edinburgh and Stirling castle, the facade is not. They are historical monuments preserved as such, whilst Ibrox is to remain a fully functional and operational football stadium that needs to match the modern era in which it exists. At this point it doesn't and it's arm and a leg to keep it going.

We are not an antique, but an institution that needs to keep abreast of the times. If you want to be the CEO, the leader, then you better start fucking dressing like one!

Time for a radical plan, one way or another. We are not plastics lamenting for the hame they have never set foot in. 

21 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

How dare you try to besmirch Mr King. He has told me the maintenance costs and they're not to be laughed at. I'm right behind him on this.

With a dagger!

I know our emotional attachment to the old lady, but Edinburgh and Stirling castle, the facade is not. They are historical monuments preserved as such, whilst Ibrox is to remain a fully functional and operational football stadium that needs to match the modern era in which it exists. At this point it doesn't and it's arm and a leg to keep it going.

We are not an antique, but an institution that needs to keep abreast of the times. If you want to be the CEO, the leader, then you better start fucking dressing like one!

Time for a radical plan, one way or another. We are not plastics lamenting for the hame they have never set foot in. 

So you would be ok with the main stand getting flattened??? 

56 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Ive said before Ibrox is the Main Stand the other 3 sides can be whatever is needed. That said would love to know where the 100 million to build a new 3 sides is coming from. 

This, in spades.

Absolutely fuck all wrong with the Main Stand that a clean up won't sort; it's perfect and unique in football. Even if we did have the money we should never leave or change it. Modern stadiums are pish.

3 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

So you would be ok with the main stand getting flattened??? 

We can move the facade. The rest is just an unsustainable not fit for purpose relic from the past. 

I know we play in a backwater, but we need not be backward.

Those cunts in the eastend are getting a free ride in modernisation, whilst we are stuck n a timewarp. Our board need to be much more innovative and proactive in generating income streams, plus securing any freebies that are going.

I will be available to do any remedial repair work as and when required..putting up covers will not stop any so called alleged leaks or water ingress..the SLO can PM me anytime and I'm sure we can get a squad together to fix the panels that require it..

It's an eyesore right now and we could fix that and get it sorted with the proper expert advice...

I have no doubt they cannot track down the company or MD of the team that did the job..big chancer fucked off to Iraq in 95/96 as he had huge debts unpaid here in the UK..bawbag owed me over £500 when he bolted..

It annoys me personally to see a job I put so much into being covered up..repoint the panels in the close season and re-mastic all the metal frame edges..get these covers to fuck..

Dont know why anyone in their right mind would want to leave Ibrox and build some generic stadium

I never ever want us to leave Ibrox, going to another stadium just wouldnt feel the same, seeing that brick facade gets me every time and id never want to change that

the stadiums got many years left before its crumbling and in this day and age there is no reason why we couldnt stay there for another 100 years. Her time is no where near up.

Sorry BA but that was just a shite post. Ibrox is nowhere near at its end

Guest Lloyd72
Just now, fanaticCR said:

Drove by there mate and it defo looked like they were being removed and rolled up.

Good to hear, happy that those who put them up have listened to the fans complaints and took it on board.