Your first ever Rangers game?

Loyaleastend

As an older bear who can remember the times when Rangers were rebuilding the stadium and  managed by John Greig,  my first memories are a  game V Aberdeen when we won by a margin I don't remember  ,  I think the Copland road had no stand at all at that stage and just a fence as works were ongoing, Greig said in his book that it did affect the atmosphere of the stadium, which of course it did, and will at Tynecastle, we were pretty bad back then but I was just chuffed to finally be at Ibrox.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A midweek 3-2 win over Hearts back in 1970 I think .

Cant even remember the goals or who scored them , but do remember us being 3-0 up , Hearts pulling back to 3-2 and then Peter McCloy , who hadn't long signed , pulling off a great save after that . Remember being disappointed John Greig was missing my first Rangers game , being replaced by Alfie Conn . Did get to see my other heroes though , like Colin Stein and Willie Johnston for the first time . 

Guest Lloyd72

28th of December 2003 vs Dundee Capucho and Ball scored. I don't remember much because I fell asleep between the goals. Was hooked from then on though.

Can't remember exactly but one of the first was against Dundee and I'm sure it had been moved to a Sunday because of the 'three day week' when the power cuts etc were in place (older bears will no doubt remember those days). 

I was at primary school at the time and I can remember us sitting with no lights on in the house with Tilly lamps on the table for doing our homework ( sounds like Victorian times ffs )