Greatest Moment as a Rangers Fan

I know there are hundreds if not thousands of moments in our history to choose from, but the feeling I had that night in Florence probably tops the lot. This wee YouTube video is not mine, but it encapsulates and brings back so many wonderful memories. What is yours? What 1 moment out of countless hundreds is at the top of the pile.

Difficult to choose between games I've been to and games I've watched on telly. Fiorentina was a rollercoaster but watching us win the league on Helicopter Sunday in my grans front room, where I'd had to suffer us getting pumped 6-2 off the mhanks a few years before, was sweet.

Barrie McKays goal against them at Hampden is probably the best I've ever felt as a Rangers fan, from a game I've been at.

Guest Lloyd72

Wee Novo's penalty to send us to Manchester was special, probably the greatest moment for me and celebrating it with my dad made it even better.

My fondest memories:

The 2-0 game v Parma.

Ibrox was a thing of beauty, noise, bouncing and just intimidating.

The 3-2 lovenkrands cup final, just a special day.

Finally, the journey to Manchester. I swear the whole way every car, bus, van, lorry had bears in it. Flags, banners the lot. It was the greatest sight ever.??

5 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

Only if it stops 10 imo. 

not really at least for me. i don't really care so much about them. us getting 55 would mean a lot. every cunt in scottish football would happily see us dead and if we win that then it shows we're truly back. 

Helicopter Sunday, the UEFA Cup semi-final penalties against Fiorentina, the 2002 Scottish Cup final with Lovenkrands' diving header, the 2010 League Cup final against St Mirren with nine men, the 5-1 Scottish Cup win over Hearts ('96, I think), Edu's last minute winner against the tarriers at Ibrox, the 4-2 game at Parkhead with Mendes' peach, the 5-1 league winning match at Rugby Park in 2011, the last game of the 02/03 season where Arteta scored a late penalty against Dunfermline to secure the title, the nine-in-a-row winning match up at Tannadice with Laudrup's header, the 2008 League Cup final against Dundee United where Boyd scored two late equalisers in normal and extra time, then the winning penalty in the shoot-out, Barry Ferguson walking the team out for the UEFA Cup final with the world watching, flames rising either side of the tunnel and the Foo Fighers' "The Best" blasting around the stadium...

Times are tough and I can often appear doom-and-gloom around here, but it's because I've been spoiled by my football club, subject to a high standard and when I see Presbyterian, staunch, British bluenoses blaming referees and other manager's celebrations for our own blatant, glaring downfalls, I struggle to accept it.

2 minutes ago, one55 said:

not really at least for me. i don't really care so much about them. us getting 55 would mean a lot. every cunt in scottish football would happily see us dead and if we win that then it shows we're truly back. 

Every time I see an old firm fan say "I don't care about them " or "we're a stand  alone club" I laugh, because the sad fact is that without the rivalry/bigotry both clubs would be half the size imo. We both are in denial that we need each other, and if not need then definitely are better for each other's existence. Perfect example is Wednesday night where a tim in the Girodome is live on tv singing his heart out to you'll never walk alone, with the tims being in the strongest position I can remember as a 53 year old bear yet his European cup scarf commemorating 67 mentioned it was " something the H*** will never do". Yes I remember heady days when the tims were an irrelevance to us as we totally dominated them and Europe became our priority but those days are gone forever and sadly the tims are now our bread and butter imo.

For utter euphoria it has to be nacho's penalty in Florence my living room went absolutely mental

for actually being at the match it would be lovenkrands last min header against scum in cup final

another one sticks in my mind when we won league at killie,was nervous as fuck all day but to go 3-0 in 7 minutes was stuff of dreams 

27 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Outside of the obvious - Florence and Helicopter Sunday - my favourite memory as a Rangers fan is the 2002 Cup Final. 

We had settled down, prepared for extra time at home, then McCann ran down the left...

Exausting to watch, but such a great game.

Must have been amazing to have been there.