Season Gone After 3 League Games

BlueMexican

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Like last season's fixtures, you couldn't have picked much better fixtures for us to start with and after less than a handful of games, we find ourselves 5 points behind the teams we competed with for 2nd/3rd & 4th last season - let alone what the mhanks do. Chuck in the European result on top of that, I'm sorry, it is unforgivable given the investment. 

The board were culpable in appointing this muppet but they did back him in the summer and punted people out the door he didn't want. They have backed their man and it is highly likely we are stuck with him like MW for too long past the sell by date. 

Screen Shot 2017-08-19 at 19.18.44.png

4 minutes ago, MasterD said:

You've said that before the other day.

Difference between realists and surrender monkeys.

Can you give any evidence or facts to suggest otherwise? Anything apart from fantasy bullshit.

Actually, looking back to when wim Jansen took the reigns at sellik and lost the first two matches, the tims wanted him sacked. The fucker stopped our ten in a row. 

Football has twists and turns perhaps it can start swinging our way soon.

Our frontmen let us down big time. And for all the praise I have given the midfield and defence lately, it's absolutely unfair to expect them to provide every game and for Kenny Miller to miss chance after chance and for Morelos to fuck off to the wing to try and beat players.

We didn't take many risks today for fear of being beat on the counter, and that's fair enough but at somepoint you have to have a punt from far or make better movements to break the defence apart. Anything. Something.

So many times we relied on the wings today and that played right into Heart's tactics, they were fine with that. That meant they could pile the players into their box to stop the attacks and it worked.

After the 1st half I said that we weren't scoring today. And I was right.

He must come up with a plan B, or else this is just a Mexican Warburton. No plan B and brutal tactics.

17 minutes ago, Wafflesniffer said:

I'm maybe just pished and too scunnered, but honestly what makes you think we'll stroll to second? Our second half collapse against Hivs or our inability to finish our chances against... pretty much everyone?

The rest of the league are absolute shite. We'll finish 2nd, guarantee it.

1 hour ago, BlueThunder said:

If we had won today by a couple of goals would you still have felt the same way? If so then today's result is neither here nor there, and you wanted him out anyway.

In my opinion the Hibs match turned on the sending off. Opinions may vary. However his tactics after the sending off were baffling it has to be said.

Personally I decided to give him 6 or so league games this season and write off the matches from last season. I think this team is better than last years but has flaws, and his tactics aren't helping. 

However if he goes it will be an expensive business, and it is money we don't have, so god knows where we will find that from.

I said after the Aberdeen game at Ibrox last season we had to sack him but was shot Dow by others saying we can't afford to sack him my answer to that was sack him now costs 2m keep him and he will cost us 10 m  and still be 2 m to sack him. However I was wrong he has cost us 5 m losing in Europe on top of the 10 m on players and wages !!! He must go now !

10 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

A genuinely wish a was fishing mate. Aberdeen will be second, St Johnstone, Hibs and Hearts could all finish above us.

Aberdeen will be a challenge, St Johnstone will there or thereabouts as well but Hearts and Hibs are both pish and we shouldn't look too much into their results against us.

Hibs got beat comfortably by Hamilton today and Hearts will probably get pumped in their next outing too.

There's enough quality in our team to finish 2nd if we get rid of the passengers and either Pedro sorts his tactics out or he's replaced. It will probably need to be the latter.

3 hours ago, ScotBear said:

I've seen us play worse under previous managers. We pinned them back but couldn't break through. That's partly management and what they work on in training. But it's also lack of quality in the final third. We need to spend decent money/wages on a quality striker and attacking mid/winger. 

I was wondering that myself mate. I just hope we can get another couple of players in before the window closes or it's going to be one long season for us. I agree though that we've played worse, and we do seem to be a lot more solid unit than last season, but we really did need to get off to a flyer this season from the start. We have failed to do so I can totally understand all the frustration on here.

Only people suffering for what's happened to Rangers are the fans.

Sdm has his fortune back, Whyte has his freedom and what money he stole and hid, the previous boards since 2013 have stolen tens of millions and left us with millions needed to repair Ibrox and Auchenhowie and the old board that helped get us in this mess at the start are back in place almost to a man.

During the summer I thought we'd put up a challenge this season with a view to winning the league next season. At the moment I can't see any turn around. 

4 hours ago, Howsitgoing said:

Aberdeen narrowly won today, hibs got beat and hearts are another team favourite to be going for top four. The season is far from over, the scum was always going to be favourites to win but to give up the challenge yet is absurd.

No surrender springs to mind.

Sing it loud and proud

5 hours ago, Howsitgoing said:

Aberdeen narrowly won today, hibs got beat and hearts are another team favourite to be going for top four. The season is far from over, the scum was always going to be favourites to win but to give up the challenge yet is absurd.

I'm sorry but reality is we are MILES of the scum they'll probably go undefeated again and retain the treble.  To bridge the financial gap we'd need Abramovitch (not sure of spelling) type investment and that is never happening in a backwater like Scotland. I can see them doing #55 before us - I am serious. 

As for this season I cannot see us being second but given our financial budget we should be comfortably second and close the them.  We won't be not even close. The manager is a complete and utter dud.

5 hours ago, simplythebest said:

Basically it's the same as last year, out of contention to even slightly pressure them for winning the league, maybe scrape 2nd if we're lucky 

Get real ffs.we were never going to challenge for the league .we are fuckin miles behind the scum FACT.we will challenge for second place and I still think we will make it .we will build over the next two years and then hopefully we are in a position to challenge for the top.the deluded will just have to accept the circumstances and where the club has come from in the past few years or join the fuckin green brigade

6 hours ago, Howsitgoing said:

hearts are another team favourite to be going for top four.

Hearts are a shambles. Nobody has them as favourites to be in the top 4. It's these kind of statements that make it hard to take the rest of your post seriously. 

25 minutes ago, ronniemca said:

Get real ffs.we were never going to challenge for the league .we are fuckin miles behind the scum FACT.we will challenge for second place and I still think we will make it .we will build over the next two years and then hopefully we are in a position to challenge for the top.the deluded will just have to accept the circumstances and where the club has come from in the past few years or join the fuckin green brigade

Right o, big turnover of players after the manager having had since March to assess the situation yet we can't expect to do any better than the league being completely out of reach by the September weekend?

We can't build anything if we aren't even making the most minimal of progress, but by all means keep your head in the sand

We have had shit starts to the season before and went on to do well.  We have a team that have played less than 10 games together in total.  I am not convinced the manager is the right guy, but we have the basis of a good squad there IMO, more than capable of second.

We need a couple more signings in the next 2 weeks, but I am not despondent yet.  We dominated play today, and we could have scored a good couple of goals at least.

I think we are probably going to be fighting it out for second place this season, but to say it's over after a bad start is maybe a tiny bit of a knee jerk reaction.I see flashes of really good play, and this team is still building an understanding of eachothers game.

All that being said, I completely understand the frustrations, and they are totally valid.