Season Gone After 3 League Games

BlueMexican

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Howsitgoing said:

Aberdeen narrowly won today, hibs got beat and hearts are another team favourite to be going for top four. The season is far from over, the scum was always going to be favourites to win but to give up the challenge yet is absurd.

2nd is nowhere and that's what we are playing for already.  We could all see this happening yet the board could not?   Should have sacked Pedro after the 5-1 game last season and I do not want him in charge by the Celtic game this season as I want someone in who actually knows what he is doing.   Why did he sell Garner? Surly he would have been ideal for Morelos yet he keeps Miller and herrera  who looks a dud and then Pena who,is too unfit to even get a game?  This is Scotland ffs yet he's not ready? I bet he picking up a wage thou.. If that's the case work him day and night till he is fit as that's what a real Rangers manager like Jock Wallace would do and get him in that team . We badly  need a good right back and a couple of decent wingers and a good man up front for Morelos to play off. That's gonna cost at least £10m for those players but we will never spend that and until we do we will not even get a sniff of the league 

Time to start looking for a new manager. But unless we back him we will only get  another 2nd rate manager and how long does this continue for as we need major investment on and off the park and our board have short arms and long pockets as the only money being spent is the money us season ticket holders put up and next year that could be a lot less.

We were never winning the league this season. I reckoned we would drop a few silly points but given the fixtures the start has been shocking. 

A big issue though is the football on show. If we were creating chances you might think the goals will come but we create zero and are playing  some of the worst football in Scotland which is saying something!!!!

5 hours ago, gogzy said:

We have had shit starts to the season before and went on to do well.  We have a team that have played less than 10 games together in total.  I am not convinced the manager is the right guy, but we have the basis of a good squad there IMO, more than capable of second.

We need a couple more signings in the next 2 weeks, but I am not despondent yet.  We dominated play today, and we could have scored a good couple of goals at least.

I think we are probably going to be fighting it out for second place this season, but to say it's over after a bad start is maybe a tiny bit of a knee jerk reaction.I see flashes of really good play, and this team is still building an understanding of eachothers game.

All that being said, I completely understand the frustrations, and they are totally valid.

I genuinely admire your positivity. I too have spent the last few months trying to focus on the positives since Pedro C took over. But the writing is well and truly on the wall. 

We have a Manager who  is totally out of his depth. We have a Manager who has overseen some of our worst performances in our History. 3 games into the Season and we are already 5 points behind St Johnstone and only just scraping into the top half of the table.

After the Hibs game Pedro was more focused on the antics of the opposing Manager than the fact he was completely outmanoeuvred. Quite frankly the last week has been one of the most embarrassing weeks in my memory- even more so than the Luxembourg defeat- which is saying something.

After yesterday's game Pedro is pleased opposing teams are "showing us more respect"! Really?. Is that respect based on the fact that we drew with Hearts rather than lost all 3 points.

Football is not about respect, it's about performance and winning. So far Pedro C has had 2 good wins against strong opposition. The problem is that both those games were effectively meaningless friendllies.

Gogzy, I have the greatest respect for your views, but in this case we need quick and effective action to get a proper Manager in quickly, otherwise I believe the season will be effectively over before September. At the end of the day the target this season is to challenge Celtic. Already we have Kranjcar saying we can afford to lose all 4 games against Celtic yet still mount a challenge (yes I get he is being manipulated by journalists who take advantage of the fact he is speaking in a 2nd Language), but if our players are already accepting 2nd best to Celtic, then we are likely to be second best to others. We need immediate action.

And I see Warburton is off to a flyer with Forest.  Did the board make a big mistake not backing him as last season we should have given him more as he played nice football but the players we could afford were never gonna be up to the task.

Why should he stay up here and play 2nd  fiddle to them ?  As long as our board are happy with 2nd then it will  be hard to attract someone decent  Ffs fans would be happy with 2nd, but we are Rangers and 2nd is last or have we forgot that also ? ??

4 hours ago, Copland bear said:

2nd is nowhere and that's what we are playing for already.  We could all see this happening yet the board could not?   Should have sacked Pedro after the 5-1 game last season and I do not want him in charge by the Celtic game this season as I want someone in who actually knows what he is doing.   Why did he sell Garner? Surly he would have been ideal for Morelos yet he keeps Miller and herrera  who looks a dud and then Pena who,is too unfit to even get a game?  This is Scotland ffs yet he's not ready? I bet he picking up a wage thou.. If that's the case work him day and night till he is fit as that's what a real Rangers manager like Jock Wallace would do and get him in that team . We badly  need a good right back and a couple of decent wingers and a good man up front for Morelos to play off. That's gonna cost at least £10m for those players but we will never spend that and until we do we will not even get a sniff of the league 

Time to start looking for a new manager. But unless we back him we will only get  another 2nd rate manager and how long does this continue for as we need major investment on and off the park and our board have short arms and long pockets as the only money being spent is the money us season ticket holders put up and next year that could be a lot less.

With the league games so far, I've seen nothing to make me  believe that Rangers are not capable of competing for second place as the op suggested. As for competing against the scum, another poster has mentioned this already, it'll be good to see how good they are when they're actually challenged. The thumb and co aren't as good as they're being made out to be, when the bubble bursts this team that Pedro is building can capitalise. I'm far from giving up after only 3 games.

1 hour ago, Copland bear said:

And I see Warburton is off to a flyer with Forest.  Did the board make a big mistake not backing him as last season we should have given him more as he played nice football but the players we could afford were never gonna be up to the task.

Why should he stay up here and play 2nd  fiddle to them ?  As long as our board are happy with 2nd then it will  be hard to attract someone decent  Ffs fans would be happy with 2nd, but we are Rangers and 2nd is last or have we forgot that also ? ??

He's a strange character MW. Up here he absolutely refused to deviate from 4-3-3. I read their match report last week and he started with 5 at the back and then went 442. Really not sure wtf is going on with him

F*cking scunnered, sick to the back teeth of our club being managed by a second rate board and our team being managed by a sub staandard manager.

Rangers FC is not a training centre for under achievers. Get these guys to fuck and let's get proven, professional, business minded board members whi can bring in a proven, no nonsense manager. FFS - last week was abysmal, this week's worse than that. PC not gonna make it - even a 10 year old can see that.

8 hours ago, gogzy said:

We have had shit starts to the season before and went on to do well.  We have a team that have played less than 10 games together in total.  I am not convinced the manager is the right guy, but we have the basis of a good squad there IMO, more than capable of second.

We need a couple more signings in the next 2 weeks, but I am not despondent yet.  We dominated play today, and we could have scored a good couple of goals at least.

I think we are probably going to be fighting it out for second place this season, but to say it's over after a bad start is maybe a tiny bit of a knee jerk reaction.I see flashes of really good play, and this team is still building an understanding of eachothers game.

All that being said, I completely understand the frustrations, and they are totally valid.

It was over for taking first before it even started, as we do not have the finances to knock the scum of their perch and they have just secured another 26mil with that 5-0 victory. They already have far superior players in many departments and continually playing in the CL only makes them better, not worse.

It was always going to be about second. To think otherwise, is delusional. We emerged from the Champioship with a team full of dross. Spineless on the one hand and a serious lack of ability on the other. We have only this close season cleared most out, so I just don't lnow where our fans get their expectations from.

PC is just another in a long line of mediocre patsies along with mediocre players. Better mediocrity than before, but still mediocrity and as being Rangers, we just pay more for our mediocrity.

Other teams are not hanging around waiting for us to get better, nor do we have a God given right to win anything.

A new manager, with mostly a new team, sprinkled with some leftovers who should not be near it. 

We are set up to challenge for second by our board as our finances dictate and if we desire better, then we better be getting a new board with some serious cash, not blaming a new manager who was never going to win this league, not by a long shot. 

We are currently Rangers in name only. We are not title contenders, not by a long shot and never will be with this board, so let us all deflect and argue about second as the scum match on to 10iar. That will sort it.

That is the reality. 

Only took a few hours for the same slevering folk who backed MW even when we were atrocious to start trying to pretend the season isnt fucked.

I honestly believe these folk are at it, no way grown adults can't see what's in front of them.

9 hours ago, gogzy said:

Doesn't matter what you have in the squad when th3 manager doesn't have a tactical bone in his body. We have a decent squad but spent a huge chunk of our budget on a fat unfit mexican. Not to mention Dalcio who makes Templeton look a world beater....dont get me started on the hammer throwers up front who's scoring record before he joined was horrendous. 

I'm sorry but to keep thinking it's all going to be ok is delusional, we have had a disgrace of a start to the season. A easy first opening set of games with 2 at home against a team who have just chucked their manager on the back of a complete demolish to the tims and a team just up from the championship....we have one point from them.

A pish easy tie against a team who had never won a game in Europe, no cunt had ever heard of them and they didn't even come 1st or 2nd in their domestic league in Luxenburg....we got papped out.

When you take into consideration the above it alone is plenty enough to boot the guy arse first out the back gates....however you look at last season's results with him in charge and its just laughable. We have backed the man with money but he hasn't got the first idea how to manage a club expected to win things. He's a third rate manager who belongs in mid tier clubs arou d the world, that's all he is capable of. 

He's a joke figure now just like Ronnie, just like Mowbury and his cringe patter trying to sound all staunch and pretending he knows what this club is after embarrassing results it's just tragic.

Get him to fuck before he does long lasting damage, we don't have time to keep fucking about with journeyman managers anymore.

16 hours ago, Howsitgoing said:

Aberdeen narrowly won today, hibs got beat and hearts are another team favourite to be going for top four. The season is far from over, the scum was always going to be favourites to win but to give up the challenge yet is absurd.

I agree with that statement, I can't fault the guy for how he feels though, don't think anyone can as 5 points behind at this stage after 3 games in itself is a shambles. To be fair Hearts have improved I think however we partly have to look at our own team, it's that killer instinct we were missing in a game where Hearts sat in, so badly need another striker who scores goals for fun.

6 minutes ago, RangersScotty9 said:

I agree with that statement, I can't fault the guy for how he feels though, don't think anyone can as 5 points behind at this stage after 3 games in itself is a shambles. To be fair Hearts have improved I think however we partly have to look at our own team, it's that killer instinct we were missing in a game where Hearts sat in, so badly need another striker who scores goals for fun.

It's quality we are missing. 

Just now, RangersScotty9 said:

definitely won't fault him, think its less to do with the 5 points and more with how easy the scum are winning. I do believe that its more hype that's winning their games rather than ability though, that's why I'm not ready to write the season off. 

Yes- the same story as last year, just need that killer instinct, something a confident team will have.

11 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Doesn't matter what you have in the squad when th3 manager doesn't have a tactical bone in his body. We have a decent squad but spent a huge chunk of our budget on a fat unfit mexican. Not to mention Dalcio who makes Templeton look a world beater....dont get me started on the hammer throwers up front who's scoring record before he joined was horrendous. 

I'm sorry but to keep thinking it's all going to be ok is delusional, we have had a disgrace of a start to the season. A easy first opening set of games with 2 at home against a team who have just chucked their manager on the back of a complete demolish to the tims and a team just up from the championship....we have one point from them.

A pish easy tie against a team who had never won a game in Europe, no cunt had ever heard of them and they didn't even come 1st or 2nd in their domestic league in Luxenburg....we got papped out.

When you take into consideration the above it alone is plenty enough to boot the guy arse first out the back gates....however you look at last season's results with him in charge and its just laughable. We have backed the man with money but he hasn't got the first idea how to manage a club expected to win things. He's a third rate manager who belongs in mid tier clubs arou d the world, that's all he is capable of. 

He's a joke figure now just like Ronnie, just like Mowbury and his cringe patter trying to sound all staunch and pretending he knows what this club is after embarrassing results it's just tragic.

Get him to fuck before he does long lasting damage, we don't have time to keep fucking about with journeyman managers anymore.

Our board cannot afford anything other than journeyman managers and players, so how do we square that?

Pedro's got to go , I'd got rid the end of last season , his appointment was ridiculous the club needed a bread and butter manager to stabilise things , his pena signing sums him up , throwing 2.7 million at a guy who reporters in Mexico are telling us he's a bevy merchant and not kicked a ball for 2 seasons , and guess what he's played 15 minutes with us , Herrera looks woeful , candeias avarage , big Bruno will head it 40 yards when it's down his throat but looks slow and looks  where he is at the end of his career, 2 centre mids neat and tidy which is no where near enough , need a new left back , Cordosa looks ok but got a torrrid time against hibs , all in all not good enough 

5 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Our board cannot afford anything other than journeyman managers and players, so how do we square that?

The board have spent around 7 million on players this season already. The funding itself isn't a huge problem....its the manager who is the big problem and the people who brought him to Rangers. They are clueless 

I am not going to back the manager here,  what I will say is that in the last two matches major decisions have gone against us that have certainly cost us points. I don't think we were that bad yesterday, fucksake they played with two full backs on each side. 

Yes our decision making has been poor and Pedro has let us down but so have the officials.

5 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

He's a strange character MW. Up here he absolutely refused to deviate from 4-3-3. I read their match report last week and he started with 5 at the back and then went 442. Really not sure wtf is going on with him

He is a good manager and I wish him all the best, as the board should have backed him,and who knows we might still be in Europe