Pena

cushynumber

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, philiprfc said:

See tbh, even in his current state he's offering more than Miller.

Think playing him in behind Morelos could be the future but he definitely needs to lose a bit of rust first.

As an aside, good to see a big reaction from Mexican fans on Twitter for his goal, good exposure for the club. :thumbup:

Agree, behind Morelos would be ideal.

2 hours ago, philiprfc said:

See tbh, even in his current state he's offering more than Miller.

Think playing him in behind Morelos could be the future but he definitely needs to lose a bit of rust first.

As an aside, good to see a big reaction from Mexican fans on Twitter for his goal, good exposure for the club. :thumbup:

Folk in Mexico seem to love the guy :lol: 

12 minutes ago, AndoBien said:

He is very good rated over here, be cause we are hoping he is back at his best, so he can return to the national team and go to Russia 2018.

Why? What does he offer that you don't already have in the national team? 

I find it difficult to believe that Mexicans would rather have Pena (based on what I've seen) ahead of the Dos Santos brothers / Guardado etc. 

Giovani has droped his level with the national team since he joined Galaxy,  Jonathan is great,  but he joined his brother recently and MLS is considered of low level overhere, so fans are afraid he will underperform like his brother, Guardado is our captain and pure class, Herrera is underperforming and not being used in Porto,  so what i'm trying to say is for a world cup you have to bring your best 23 players, i prefer to have 30 players performing at their best to pick from rather than just have 11 starters and 12 subs not good enough or just to fill the squad requirements.

21 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Why? What does he offer that you don't already have in the national team? 

I find it difficult to believe that Mexicans would rather have Pena (based on what I've seen) ahead of the Dos Santos brothers / Guardado etc. 

Giovani has droped his level with the national team since he joined Galaxy,  Jonathan is great,  but he joined his brother recently and MLS is considered of low level overhere, so fans are afraid he will underperform like his brother, Guardado is our captain and pure class, Herrera is underperforming and not being used in Porto,  so what i'm trying to say is for a world cup you have to bring your best 23 players, i prefer to have 30 players performing at their best to pick from rather than just have 11 starters and 12 subs not good enough or just to fill the squad requirements.

Much like the manager I am willing to give the lad time before judging him here, he was in the right places all too often but maybe it is just rust he needs to work off.

You could tell how much he loved his goal and he sorted his feet out correctly in quick time so going to be waiting and watching before I give him his transfer request and kick his arse out the door. add ot the fact it is not always great to come on as a sub but hey ho, we will see.

Everyone knows that it doesn't take this long to identify a good player fit or not fit. 

Too many people clinging on to the chance he might be good with not one bit of evidence on any his showings to back it up. 

He's stealing a wage and hes giving not one fuck about it. 

He worries me...a player being unfit or off the pace doesn't make him look uncomfortable. Pena looks seriously uncomfortable on the ball.

A class player shows his class no matter how unfit he is, just for less time.

Hopefully it is a confidence thing or an issue with settling in, he was the signing I was most excited about.

3 hours ago, Jackal said:

Everyone knows that it doesn't take this long to identify a good player fit or not fit. 

Too many people clinging on to the chance he might be good with not one bit of evidence on any his showings to back it up. 

He's stealing a wage and hes giving not one fuck about it. 

Apart from scoring a nice goal today of course.

From what I have seen of him his first touch is generally poor and passing way off the mark. Got a goal today when the ball broke to him in the box but other than that there has been nothing to convince me of his alleged price tag. With the taigs coming up I would be much happier with rossiter and then Dorrans playing as the advanced midfielder. Herrera and Pena have got an element of dodgy agent in the background all over them when we should have secured Walker and Mclean. 

Archived