5 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Well find out as the season progresses. 

Agreed and I do hope he does well. Just worried he seems to be our first attacking sub  and he does look lost at times. To be fair we seem to have got the majority of signings right this season anyway. 

Jackal    291
1 hour ago, cushynumber said:

Apart from scoring a nice goal today of course.

You honestly identify potential there? 

harry handsome    392

Some players don't click straight away and need time to get put to speed before the touch comes back - anyone of a certain era remember Jardel (i think it was) who was deemed useless at his Rangers trial.....

graeme_4    3,351
7 hours ago, westenclosure2008 said:

It would've been harder to miss that to be fair. He's eager to get into the box but other than that he does look poor. He made a mess of some simple passes.

Sure Kenny Miller could have showed him how. 

MrMckee    370

Came on and scored don't know what else people want from a sub! Thought all of pedros subs worked  out well today. Obviously didn't see enough of Nemane 

BlueMexican    121
14 hours ago, Blue Rino said:

100% this.

Nearly scores with his first touch (header) then looked like towing a caravan when running and passing.

Thought his celebration was good to see that it meant so much to him, hopefully he kicks on from here as I think he's had enough time to get up to speed.

To be honest Wallace has been towing a caravan for 3 or 4 seasons

BlueMexican    121
5 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Add to that the way he took the goal to the position he was in for the header plus some of the intelligent runs he made, only a complete idiot would write him off at this stage.  

I'm old enough to remember a certain Mr. McCoist who had a less than impressive first season with us, ffs the RM mentalists would have chased him after a couple of touches of the ball.

Fixed

DrLaudrup    387
8 hours ago, harry handsome said:

Some players don't click straight away and need time to get put to speed before the touch comes back - anyone of a certain era remember Jardel (i think it was) who was deemed useless at his Rangers trial.....

We were massively keen on Jardel (and his missus)...the issue was getting a work permit, not that we didn't want him. He went on to be a fantastic player. 

BlueThunder    1,330
49 minutes ago, DrLaudrup said:

We were massively keen on Jardel (and his missus)...the issue was getting a work permit, not that we didn't want him. He went on to be a fantastic player. 

Ah, but Bomber Brown (or was it Archie Knox) famously claimed that Jardel 'couldn't trap a bag of cement' in training.

King Jela    5,645

You can see what he's trying to do but lack of match fitness/gelling time is clearly fucking him. Once he's fit he'll be a good player for us. 

Smile    12,225

Looked like he had never played at times his control and passing was Abysmal for a Professional player scored a goal and could have scored with a header but I can see now why Pedro's not played him.

cushynumber    12,819
15 hours ago, Jackal said:

You honestly identify potential there? 

you dont?

eskbankloyal    3,867
19 hours ago, Jackal said:

Everyone knows that it doesn't take this long to identify a good player fit or not fit. 

Too many people clinging on to the chance he might be good with not one bit of evidence on any his showings to back it up. 

He's stealing a wage and hes giving not one fuck about it. 

Hahaha that's a shocker of a take that. 

jbm26896    155

Give Pena a chance - has got into good positions in every game he has come on.

Now he's got a goal I can see him kicking on.

Gaffbear    1,148

He's a bear and needs our backing ffs.. like some I remember mccoist first season also Hately was touch and go first season ... he's obviously not match fit so give it time .. 

The Monk    974

Whilst I don`t think he`s near full match sharpness he`s still a better option in behind Morelos than Miller, think he needs to start the next two games to prepare him for the Old Firm.

Amato    687
20 hours ago, Jackal said:

Everyone knows that it doesn't take this long to identify a good player fit or not fit. 

Too many people clinging on to the chance he might be good with not one bit of evidence on any his showings to back it up. 

He's stealing a wage and hes giving not one fuck about it

There was certainly evidence yesterday he might be a good player. He also comes with a good reputation and 19 caps for Mexico.

The last sentence of your post is just utter nonsense.

cp9    359

Whether the boy isn't good enough or is just rusty still needs to be answered. However the fact he always seemed to find himself space makes me think he's got something about him.

TopCat    443
12 minutes ago, cp9 said:

Whether the boy isn't good enough or is just rusty still needs to be answered. However the fact he always seemed to find himself space makes me think he's got something about him.

This.:tu:

I look forward to him ( Hopefully )hitting top form with a few games under his belt before passing judgement on the lad.

I feel he has potential to be a cracking player for us in the seasons ahead.

THE_MIGHTY_BEARS    5,225

Hopefully Pena starts the next game against Partick.  He certainly looks like a prospect to me.  I don't understand the negativity on here surrounding this guy.  We've hardly seen Pena play, but when he has, he's busting a gut to get in the box and make something happen.  We've been crying out for someone like this.

gmcf    6,293
17 hours ago, harry handsome said:

Don't think you can really go by that - pretty sure that came from McCoist iirc :lol: 

miracle    974

McCoist was useless too when he first came.