Pena

cushynumber

5 minutes ago, Hamie said:

The most money we've spent on a player in ages and he doesn't get a game or look like he will ever play at a decent level. 

It reeks and I bet there's a lot more too it. Why didn't we just get him on loan with an option to buy? 

Doesn't sit right with me at all. Wouldn't surprise me if there was something really dodgy with this that comes out in the near future. 

Got that feeling about it too

either that or Pedro is so arrogant he assumed his man management skills could turn round someone who seems to battle some fairly serious attitude issues

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Lloyd72

I won't believe any of these drinking rumours till I actually see it tbh, I do believe the rumours that he has diet problems because he looked like he'd put a bit of weight on since the Hibs game on saturday

33 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I'm trying not to get into the Pena hype and conspiracies.

He's obviously got the talent. He does have a pedigree. I bet on his day (whenever that day actually is) is probably one of the best midfielder's we've had since the days of Ferguson and Arteta but you can't run on that sort of pedigree and sentiment forever - especially if we've shelled out 3-million on him and for 2.5-months have had him working towards his fitness.

I'm still not too worried yet (might be nieve) but something has to happen soon with him. We are in no position to wait forever.

We'll start to sound like the tarriers with McStay!

There had better be some product - and soon!

Guest Lloyd72
11 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Would have thought Pedro would have known about Pena' s lifestyle what with him being Pedro's son-in-law.

Really?

28 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

Far too many stories floating about of him being in the boozer pretty much every day.

No smoke without fire so there must be some truth in it.

In 2017 there's frequently smoke without fire.

If a Rangers player was in a boozer every day there would've been pictures by now.

I doubt he is in the boozer but I wouldn't be surprised if he is on the swally in the house if he's retweeting shite at half 3 in the morning.

I gave him the beneift of the doubt when he arrived as he was obviously about 2 stone over weight but he still looks to be a fat cunt. His warm up on Saturday was embarrassing.

It's developing into a no-win situation for everyone - the player, the manager who persuaded the Club to sign him, the Club itself because the return on the investment is just not happening, and the Support who had hoped he would be making a positive and telling difference to the team.    When he does eventually get a game he'd need to be stellar to show to everyone that the wait was worth it.   If he's not then its only going to get worse for the player and for Pedro.   The decision to hold him back / provide additional training or whatever it is that Pena is receiving is presumably unavoidable for very good reasons because it is heaping additonal pressure on the player and the manager which they could both be doing without.    

There must surely be some sort of agreed plan between Pedro and the Directors about Pena's lack of involvement so far, ie that the directors (including the new DOF) are somehow content to await the introduction of this player into the starting line up on a regular basis.   King was rightly critical of Warburton last season for the failure to get a whole lot more out of his summer signings.   Pedro is already on the same track.   Add in Dalcio too to the case of missing summer signings.

1 hour ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Would have thought Pedro would have known about Pena' s lifestyle what with him being Pedro's son-in-law.

1 hour ago, Lloyd72 said:

Really?

57 minutes ago, MayboleLoyal_atb said:

He's not 

Just now, Tenerife Bear said:

No he's not......lol Surely not?

Thought we were just playing the Spread-a-Shite-Rumour-game ?

28 minutes ago, MayboleLoyal_atb said:

Could of got Naismith in for a fraction of the price. Another fuck up it seems from the gaffer as before he's even fit the leagues by 

That's a good point mate.

I was against bringing back the 'old guard', esp SN, who was a wee rat when he left.

It now strikes me that we're going to have downers on most players, so why not have one that at least has some ability & track record?

Guest Lloyd72
11 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Thought we were just playing the Spread-a-Shite-Rumour-game ?

Was gonna say it had to be shite, they look nothing like eachother

Archived