Pena

cushynumber

I can't watch that game again, so far, but there was a period in the first half where Pena looked a player. Maybe it is indeed a matter of match sharpness, but for the first time since he's been here I saw something in this guy; we should give him some more time. We lost badly, for some reason we haven't been doing as well in the second halves of matches, as we have in the first; that's quite a few matches where this has been the case. Hopefully we can improve on that.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Vanoli said:

He's one of those players we'll all be waiting forever to come good.

He's not good enough, and the fact he's not fit after being here literally for months now shows he's as poor a professional as he's looked a player thus far. Utterly shambolic use of our biggest transfer fee in years. 

Pretty much sums it up.

People will try defend him but they will run out of excuses soon.

He obviously can play football but he is way off the pace, and I dont see much changing in the coming month's.

Will be shifted back to Mexico next season, I hope I am wrong but I will be amazed if this guy turns it round.

Still has 2 goals from limited starts but there you go.

Just now, RedWhiteBlue1872 said:

Pretty much sums it up.

People will try defend him but they will run out of excuses soon.

He obviously can play football but he is way off the pace, and I dont see much changing in the coming month's.

Will be shifted back to Mexico next season, I hope I am wrong but I will be amazed if this guy turns it round.

Still has 2 goals from limited starts but there you go.

So much contradiction in this post that it's incredible.

Clutching at straws probably but he had a couple of great passes out from defence. He was constantly pointing at gaps our midfield were leaving and he seemed to be a bit caught out as to where to position himself sometimes.

Apart from Jack and Morelos they’ve all struggled so far this season so I suppose he’ll need the benefit of more full games to be judged. 

2 hours ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

Sound m8

4601ABB0-EF31-4ADB-9E54-BB34A061F2B0.jpeg

Hate this about our support.... Player plays shite "Oh he's fat as fuck"  I'm hoping they are typing this while being under 15 percent body fat because if pena is fat then 99 percent of scotland is fat as fuck.

4 hours ago, Turnberry18 said:

So much contradiction in this post that it's incredible.

Really? 

It's not difficult to understand mate, the guy is a joke for what we paid in terms of sharpness and fitness, again the blame lies at the manager.

If this is him up to speed we are fucked, or else there is obviously underlying issues if he is still not fit.

I think on the ball you can see he has played at a decent level, so has Kranjcar and both of them are absolutely useless in the games that matter.

I would love to be proved wrong but as mentioned I think we will be a long time waiting.

9 minutes ago, RedWhiteBlue1872 said:

Really? 

It's not difficult to understand mate, the guy is a joke for what we paid in terms of sharpness and fitness, again the blame lies at the manager.

If this is him up to speed we are fucked, or else there is obviously underlying issues if he is still not fit.

I think on the ball you can see he has played at a decent level, so has Kranjcar and both of them are absolutely useless in the games that matter.

I would love to be proved wrong but as mentioned I think we will be a long time waiting.

Is he up to speed though?; the proof was that he obviously wasn't. I thought at the first part of that match, maybe half an hour, he looked very good in some parts; I'm almost tempted to watch that first half just to check I wasn't caught up in the occasion.  You're right, comparing him to kranjcar isn't off the mark, and he needs to produce the goods, and soon. I've written him off, or as good as, but I thought at the weekend he was proving me wrong. Hopefully he proves us both wrong.

13 minutes ago, RedWhiteBlue1872 said:

Really? 

That there

Sure there have been players have taken a while to adapt but never one that has taken that one to get fit.

Considering he could be playing with the u23s or whatever they are called who O'Halloran was sent to play for why has he not had umpteen games there

looking at his youtube highlights and Morelos also the other day the latter has done exactly what was expected of him which is start to score goals

8 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Is he up to speed though?; the proof was that he obviously wasn't. I thought at the first part of that match, maybe half an hour, he looked very good in some parts; I'm almost tempted to watch that first half just to check I wasn't caught up in the occasion.  You're right, comparing him to kranjcar isn't off the mark, and he needs to produce the goods, and soon. I've written him off, or as good as, but I thought at the weekend he was proving me wrong. Hopefully he proves us both wrong.

He should be up to speed, new cultures and surroundings is one thing but looking woefully short of fitness in near October is unacceptable.

You could argue that he had some sort of impact on Brown and tried to get close, however it should be the other way around.

I don't know he gave the ball away a lot at the weekend and I think time is running out on him, he needs to get more aggressive in his play fast.

16 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

For the rumoured 2.7 million we paid I'd be expecting a lot more. I'm giving him another game or two before thinking he's pish but I'm not holding much hope. 

mate he has had two starts - one of them an old firm game. He scored in the other and done some really nice stuff. He is not up to speed yet, but he is getting there. He needs games and I think he needs more than that. Even with a great pre-season, I never felt match fit till I had 6 solid games under my belt.

Archived