Pena

cushynumber

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not going to do any gifs tonight as they’d all be bad challenges, elbows, handballs and miscontrols :duh:

He had a mare tonight and in all honesty holt did more to merit a place against st Johnstone in two weeks.

Not going to give up entirely on him but it’s hard to pick out any positives tonight.

Typical South American player who has somehow made a career out of doing very little. Hes got no redeeming qualities, hes slow, has a first touch like a brick wall & looks to be quite petulant.

Lucky to not have got at least 2 red cards last night and fully expect him to get a ban on Monday morning for the elbow.

I will say though, if he does get banned for the elbow, we should be asking the compliance officer to look at just about every game Scott brown has played this season and look at his antics. 

Any sort of elbow used should be a ban, but due to the inconsistencies within Scottish football, it would further strengthen any argument that brown is protected by the powers that be. Consistency is all I would look for,and that all players are treated the same. Its like that old saying, everyone is treated equally except...

Pedro has no other realistic choice than to continue to give him gametime so as he has a chance to get up to speed.

Once he's had 8-10 games you make a judgement.

Thing is, if Kranjcar gets back, he'd need a similar timescale to get up to a reasonable speed and Miller is in Coventry.

ie. options are few.

2 hours ago, buster. said:

Pedro has no other realistic choice than to continue to give him gametime so as he has a chance to get up to speed.

Thing is, if Kranjcar gets back, he'd need a similar timescale to get up to a reasonable speed and Miller is in Coventry.

ie. options are few.

Why would you continue giving him game time when he's getting worse game by game? Who else have we signed that's been pish for 10 games then flourished? Big Mark has been mentioned as a player who took a while to come good but he was at least match fit from the off. He's an embarrassment to himself and to us too.

4 hours ago, buster. said:

ie. options are few.

Barjonis,Holt maybe even Dalcio on left and windass in middle

2 hours ago, don logan said:

Why would you continue giving him game time when he's getting worse game by game? Who else have we signed that's been pish for 10 games then flourished? Big Mark has been mentioned as a player who took a while to come good but he was at least match fit from the off. He's an embarrassment to himself and to us too.

Because he is a Mexican International with real footballing ability and the manager needs extra time to at least try his best to make him start showing some talent. He came with 'baggage' that we knew about and it's obviously not a straightforward 'hit the ground running'....... but he needs more games.

Last season another International midfielder took months to get up to a reasonable speed and when he started to deliver, suffered a bad injury. The main difference being is we knew Kranjcar and were more prepared to give him time. The time meant we were without much legs in the middle of the park and we suffered because of it.

Personally, I saw Pena as another risky signing in the Barton/Kranjcar type. Reflecting a short-term desperation, akin to chasing losses at the bookies. 

30 minutes ago, saltire266 said:

Barjonis,Holt maybe even Dalcio on left and windass in middle

As I said, reliable options are thin on the ground, especially with the Miller situation/his form.

We are a couple of injuries away from a more difficult place.

The so called elbow is nothing. The Hamilton player grabs Pena's arm and pulls it back and Pena frees his arm and makes minimal contact. Never violent conduct. Browns was a load of shite too. The only one I'm amazed never got looked at was Browns kick to the head before the OF game. Then again, maybe I'm not that surprised as he does seem to have his own rules 

I was prepared to give him time, the pace of the game here can take a bit getting used to, at times he seems as if he knows what he should be doing. Hes never looked fit which can be remedied but what I cannot get over is his awful first touch, its almost beyond belief that he ever made a living out the game.

I understand the worries, the frustration, the lack of pattience, if you bring a foreigner that cost some money, with some reputation, taking a spot in the squad that could be for a promising youngster, one would expect that said player hit the ground running, but sometimes in the sport that we all love doesn't happen like that.

I'm surprise for all the doom and gloom of some fans in here, not just about Peña, but in general, it's been 8 games so far in the season, 3rd place 6points behind, i know is Rangers and always would be pressure to perform and be successful, but have i little faith would you.

Archived