Pena

cushynumber

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Clinical 6 yard box finisher.

Outside that area he's decent off the ball with his runs, poor on it with most touches.

A goal scoring enigma ???

he can be as enigmatic as he likes as long as he keeps banging them in.

6 hours ago, Hoodster said:

I said this to my dad the first time i seen Pena - the guy is the Mexican David Platt.  Do you remember him?  He has been awful on the ball but his runs into the box are superb. All he is interested in, is getting in the box and to score goals.  

Yeah i remember Platt, decent comparison mate. I see it. 

Any chance we can stop saying he's shite and our worst ever signing now please :crabflute:

He'll get better more games he plays. He played a pass mid-way through the second half out to Tav I think with the outside of his right boot high in the air that defied belief. 

1 minute ago, JograBear said:

Great running and movement off the ball but how many times does he pass to opposition or lose control completely from simple situations. Not convinced but have hope.

One last night he went to control it for a shot at the edge of their box and fucked it all so much it ended up in our half puting us under pressure.

It was incredible.

44 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

One last night he went to control it for a shot at the edge of their box and fucked it all so much it ended up in our half puting us under pressure.

It was incredible.

Missed the control, ball passed him, he panicked and then managed to get the ball back only to pass it straight to one of their attackers.

9 hours ago, baxterboy said:

Great inside right - tragically killed by lightning.

I went down to White Hart Lane in '62  with thousands of Bears along with high hopes that a great Rangers team would beat a great Spurs team - we lost 5-2 to White, and his fellow legends Greaves, Brown, Blanchflower,  and MacKay. Loss was hard to take but some experience for a 12 year old!

FFS older than me :whistle:

5 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

you dont realise how big this guy is in his native country till you spot a mexican youtube channel showing one of penas goals for us and realise it has had over 250K views.

Saw that aswell, seems to be a big personality over there.

6 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

you dont realise how big this guy is in his native country till you spot a mexican youtube channel showing one of penas goals for us and realise it has had over 250K views.

Think he will show his worth mate. Like you say look at how highly regarded he is in Mexico. Will only get better with more games for sure 

On 14/10/2017 at 15:20, K.A.I said:

Any chance we can stop saying he's shite and our worst ever signing now please :crabflute:

He'll get better more games he plays. He played a pass mid-way through the second half out to Tav I think with the outside of his right boot high in the air that defied belief. 

People are entitled to their options and that's fair enough. 

Some on here saw the potential and ability a bit before and stated on here and also said with time his game will come together. 

However the forum is open to all and the clueless have had their say.

Another thing when he scores he don't half take his goals well.

1 minute ago, centenarystand said:

People are entitled to their options and that's fair enough. 

Some on here saw the potential and ability a bit before and stated on here and also said with time his game will come together. 

However the forum is open to all and the clueless have had their say.

Another thing when he scores he don't half take his goals well.

Of course people are entitled to their opinion but that includes me and that's that some of their opinions are ridiculous. Some of the words used like shite and worst signing ever - he clearly isn't either of those two. A hefty price-tag yes, but we've got a return from him already with more to come IMO.

Imagine someone hadn't seen this match and you were describing his two goals, both goals from close range- a close range shot, and a close range header. However, that aside, when have we last had a player who scored close range goals of that quality? Last season I remember making a point that we didn't really have a player who separated us from the rest, Kranjcar was injured at the time, but perhaps in Pena we have that player. I think he reminds me a little of Cannigia, in that his movement, positional sense, and the way he takes the ball is distinctively better than most of what is around him; for instance, Cannigia and De Boer were three moves ahead of everyone else at times,. Maybe Pena has that ability, and maybe he is going to get better, as the manager suggests; in that sense he is an exciting player for this club, because the potential is there for all to see that he can get better.

49 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Imagine someone hadn't seen this match and you were describing his two goals, both goals from close range- a close range shot, and a close range header. However, that aside, when have we last had a player who scored close range goals of that quality? Last season I remember making a point that we didn't really have a player who separated us from the rest, Kranjcar was injured at the time, but perhaps in Pena we have that player. I think he reminds me a little of Cannigia, in that his movement, positional sense, and the way he takes the ball is distinctively better than most of what is around him; for instance, Cannigia and De Boer were three moves ahead of everyone else at times,. Maybe Pena has that ability, and maybe he is going to get better, as the manager suggests; in that sense he is an exciting player for this club, because the potential is there for all to see that he can get better.

Agreed. There's been plenty of occasions where he's already ahead of the play and the rest of the players aren't upto speed. He's such an intelligent footballer and he's only going to get better and better.

An on form partnership of Morelos and Pena will do damage to any side in Scotland, including that lot who are already not looking the team they were last season, even with their unbeaten run.

Archived