Pena

cushynumber

All I read on here about Pena are differing unsubstantiated rumours.   he's suffering from this, that or the next thing.  He is months away from fitness.   Frankly I don't believe any of these rumours and I fail to understand why people post them without a shred of evidence.   What I will say is that he doesn't look unfit to me and I seriously doubt that he would even be on the bench if he wasn't physically fit.  I could understand if he was a bit homesick and depressed with weather, etc. although there are a few players who speak Spanish at Ibrox so that should help.  Best way to lift any such depression is to get him on the park.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

All I read on here about Pena are differing unsubstantiated rumours.   he's suffering from this, that or the next thing.  He is months away from fitness.   Frankly I don't believe any of these rumours and I fail to understand why people post them without a shred of evidence.   What I will say is that he doesn't look unfit to me and I seriously doubt that he would even be on the bench if he wasn't physically fit.  I could understand if he was a bit homesick and depressed with weather, etc. although there are a few players who speak Spanish at Ibrox so that should help.  Best way to lift any such depression is to get him on the park.

I don't think it's any of the above to be fair. I have heard from the horses mouth from guys who work for Rangers in a coaching capacity that he is just not good enough and has shown nothing to merit a game. That is the only reason he isn't playing, he just isn't good enough and the players ahead of him, like it or not, are better players.

4 minutes ago, westenclosure2008 said:

I don't think it's any of the above to be fair. I have heard from the horses mouth from guys who work for Rangers in a coaching capacity that he is just not good enough and has shown nothing to merit a game. That is the only reason he isn't playing, he just isn't good enough and the players ahead of him, like it or not, are better players.

It's very strange, can't knock what you say but surely Pedro wouldn't have came out in the mainstream media saying all of that for nothing, after all he is the one who chooses to put him into the team or not and from what Pedro was saying was nothing like what those coaches are saying, in fact very much the opposite. If Pedro saw no worth in him why would he be speaking about breading him into the team soon?

For that reason I find it difficult to comprehend that on one hand they're saying he's not good enough but Pedro has came out in the media with that? Now that is strange.

1 minute ago, RangersScotty9 said:

It's very strange, can't knock what you say but surely Pedro wouldn't have came out in the mainstream media saying all of that for nothing, after all he is the one who chooses to put him into the team or not and from what Pedro was saying was nothing like what those coaches are saying, in fact very much the opposite. If Pedro saw no worth in him why would he be speaking about breading him into the team soon?

For that reason I find it difficult to comprehend that on one hand they're saying he's not good enough but Pedro has came out in the media with that? Now that is strange.

I agree with your points but from what I've heard from guys that have watched training he stands out as not good enough. You do get players that don't train well and maybe Pedro knows there is a player in their and trying to build his confidence. I don't understand why you need to wait to unleash him. It's the SPFL for fuck sake. I hope I eat my words.

58 minutes ago, westenclosure2008 said:

I agree with your points but from what I've heard from guys that have watched training he stands out as not good enough. You do get players that don't train well and maybe Pedro knows there is a player in their and trying to build his confidence. I don't understand why you need to wait to unleash him. It's the SPFL for fuck sake. I hope I eat my words.

Yeah, I can understand where you're coming from, you think this is where the special training thing came from? Could possibly be, maybe Pedro knows he's better than what he saw and the coaches only saw the side of him in training progressing to where he is now? I've no idea.

It is strange though only because Pedro has came out and spoke highly of him saying he's ready soon. Saying that Pedro has a habit of saying some things that could backfire on him, who knows...

9 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

were all depressed about the weather.

9 hours ago, westenclosure2008 said:

I simply do not believe that he isn't good enough.  This guy played 42 games in top league Mexican football last season.  

2 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

I simply do not believe that he isn't good enough.  This guy played 42 games in top league Mexican football last season.  

I would say that the Mexican league would be on a par with the Spanish 2nd teir. I'm just going on what I've been told, that he looks out his depth in training. I hope I'm wrong but in the fleeting appearances he has made there is no signs of this technically gifted player we had hoped for.

According to the manager today Pena has a special plan.    Maybe the Club has got Baldrick on the case.   Wonder what this special plan is all about.    More psycho babble from a manager who is starting to make Warburton's phrases look deep and meaningful.

"PC: Carlos Pena is doing very well. His family are here now so he is getting adapted. He has a special plan.

Maybe the manager needs to consider the advice of someone who knew a thing or two about plans and planning........Plans are nothing.  Planning is everything.

1 hour ago, Reformation Bear said:

According to the manager today Pena has a special plan.    Maybe the Club has got Baldrick on the case.   Wonder what this special plan is all about.    More psycho babble from a manager who is starting to make Warburton's phrases look deep and meaningful.

"PC: Carlos Pena is doing very well. His family are here now so he is getting adapted. He has a special plan.

Maybe the manager needs to consider the advice of someone who knew a thing or two about plans and planning........Plans are nothing.  Planning is everything.

Number one reason that foreign players fail in a new country is a lack of support from the club to settle them in.

Wasn't this "silly foreigner with his silly ideas" line something that we slated the press for after Pedro said Aberdeen were at the end of their cycle? 

Having a specific plan to assist a player that's struggling to settle is how you prevent having to loan back the homesick player and cut your losses.

1 hour ago, westenclosure2008 said:

I would say that the Mexican league would be on a par with the Spanish 2nd teir. I'm just going on what I've been told, that he looks out his depth in training. I hope I'm wrong but in the fleeting appearances he has made there is no signs of this technically gifted player we had hoped for.

His press conference on him was very brief, wasn't giving too much away, just more or less saying he was ready like the rest of the players. Daily Record new and recent article is saying he could be in against Ross County so who knows. From the video watched of him in Mexican football he definitely shows he has ability so it's there somewhere, it's whether Rangers can get that out of him. Maybe he'll show it on the pitch eventually.

4 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Number one reason that foreign players fail in a new country is a lack of support from the club to settle them in.

Wasn't this "silly foreigner with his silly ideas" line something that we slated the press for after Pedro said Aberdeen were at the end of their cycle? 

Having a specific plan to assist a player that's struggling to settle is how you prevent having to loan back the homesick player and cut your losses.

I think the fact that he mentioned his family having recently arrived here with him is something relative to that of him feeling unsettled, so the rumours about being homesick may have been bothering him, maybe that has had a knock on effect of him in training? No idea.

3 hours ago, westenclosure2008 said:

I don't know what the Spanish 2nd tier is like but I would rate Mexican football only behind a few European leagues and ahead of many.  I believe Mexico is ranked 14  by FIFA and first in the Concacaf area at international level.

Archived