Pena

cushynumber

13 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Considering he's still bursting out his arse he did well. He's got great movement off the ball and was getting behind the Ross County defence with ease. With confidence and match fitness I reckon he'll come good.

It can't help that he doesn't speak English.

Perhaps I'm biased as I say because he's my own personal favourite when he came, but I agree, I think given time, more match sharpness he'll get there. You can see from his link up play and runs that he'll not just act as our midfielder but one looking to get into the box and score goals and I think that's something we've missed from midfield, he gives us that extra attacking option up front.

I'm happy to see him get time and did say even before that it'll take him some time to gel into the team and pick up some much needed match sharpness. I'm confident he'll do well.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Torontoblue76 said:

said in another thread there is definitely a confidence issue there.

Add in the culture shock factor and I am happy to give the boy Time..Alas he needs to realise that as a Rangers player you don't get allowed that time..

I'm more encouraged after today about him than I was after the Hibs game.

On another note - me and my brother were walking on Sauciehall Street on Saturday night and we saw a guy who looked exactly like Pena. We both said the same thing. It was definitely wasn't him but he looked so much like him, even the hair. Wouldn't surprise me if this wee cunt was sitting wondering why whenever he goes out there are people taking photos of him. :rofl:

34 minutes ago, duffy2391 said:

Still not convinced, for a box to box midfielder he's lacking badly in pace. Majority of passes were safe, had two chances to finish and totally fucked one of them. Need to see him play 90 minutes.

To be fair it was two chances that Dorrans or Jack never had.

9 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

The football brain is there. I watched his little runs and movement, and I thought "yup". He needs games though.

Said as much today.

You can see he lacks the match sharpness that only comes from playing games.

Given game time I believe he will offer something don't current have, a player who will go beyond the frontline.

For me, if we are playing a midfield 4, the best option is to play a central 3 with 4th player sitting on wide. Think Pena would fit well into that.

Guest Lloyd72
20 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

The football brain is there. I watched his little runs and movement, and I thought "yup". He needs games though.

The wee look over his shoulder as the ball comes to him shows that too, a bit more match fitness and he will be a very good player for us. I wonder if Pedro intends on playing him off the left like a bit today.

Looks like a player who has goals in him, managed to find space for himself around the box and their defence struggled to track his runs. Fluffed his shot today but expected as he's clearly lacking match sharpness, I'm confident he will come good.

Archived