Pena

cushynumber

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the position of our finances and money we (allegedly) paid for him, his return so far has been abysmal. We need someone to hit the ground running and influence the team and he, I'm afraid, will never bring that to us. I still fully expect him to be punted back home for an undisclosed fee in January. I find the fees, wages and impact received from both him and Herrera to be disgusting and just reiterates why we need someone In charge that understands our league. 

Weve got people on here grabbing at straws that he showed a few good touches etc etc. Ffs, he's the biggest transfer we've paid for anyone in years and we're hoping for good touches? Unacceptable for me. 

They might not have been the answer to challenge the mhanky mob but I'd rather have had McLean and Moult than the Mexicans, Walker might have been shite against us but we could have got him, Moult and McLean for the money we spent on Pena and that would have made us far far stronger. 

Rant over, sorry bears, I'm sick of us pishing millions out the club for fuck all return. 

Is fukking Moult related to folk on here?  Guy is another former Accrington p\ayer, have we not learned from Windass and Crooks.   Walker is vastly overrated and should be nowhere near Rangers.

Pena, honestly don't know but will see what he brings when he actually gets a run of games.

I think Pedro thought that Pena and Herrea would walk it in the Scottish league and its certainly not worked out that way. It will be interesting to see if we do any further business in this window or even next if Pedro goes back to Mexico to but players. If he does then i would be extremely worried as the two players mentioned certainly have not hit the ground running and unfortunately that what Rangers need at the moment. 

Pena looks unfit, nervous, low in confidence and lost. This could be with moving to a foreign country , language barrier etc but for me i just cant see the fitness at the moment. hes been here over 10 weeks now so in my opinion that enough time to be match fit. Does Pedro have him in doing double shifts like he did with the other player that he wanted fit / rid of? if not then i would also be worried with Pedros and the backroom staff. 

Herrea to me looks like its just going to take him 10/15 games to really get up to speed with the Scottish game. Although he does not looks the quickest i really hope that there is a partnership between him and Morelos. 

For whatever reason the Mexican lads were not up to fitness levels required. The manager has had the sense to pretty much keep them back until they are fit. Can you imagine how they would have been slaughtered if he had put them straight in. They will need a run of games and then we can see how good they are 

23 minutes ago, onefootwillie said:

For whatever reason the Mexican lads were not up to fitness levels required. The manager has had the sense to pretty much keep them back until they are fit. Can you imagine how they would have been slaughtered if he had put them straight in. They will need a run of games and then we can see how good they are 

Most of the squad look unfit , thats why we only last 45 mins.......

2 hours ago, Gaffbear said:

Pena looks miles away from being match fit...a run of games in the reserves is what he needs.Just cos he cost alot doesnt mean he has to be thrown in,take our time and this boy could be a star.

That would be great if we had reserves.  A point well narrated by Kris Boyd and one of the reasons, imho, that Scottish football is shite.  Bring back the reserve leagues and forget development leagues and participation trophies 

This is a good player, he makes the game look very easy, and could come good, if he gets the encouragement. He got into very good positions, and has a nice look on the ball.; and he's hardworking, a real box to box player. He could be a very good player for us.

10 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

This is a good player, he makes the game look very easy, and could come good, if he gets the encouragement. He got into very good positions, and has a nice look on the ball.; and he's hardworking, a real box to box player. He could be a very good player for us.

Agree, he looks a player to me too. However the very same could be said about Windass.

High hopes for the lad, even although he crossed himself when coming on :duh:

However he looked slow and uncomfortable on the ball. Hopefully just needs a little time and some confidence, should get 30 mins a game until he settles.

It was only a couple of years that most voted for no player of the year but McGregor got the dubious title.

Will Pena become it this year ? Too soon to say.

Pedro has an eye for a player so I would not count him out. Only 4 games into the season after all.

1 hour ago, OneDavidCooper said:

His physical condition is an absolute disgrace. He shouldn't be anywhere near the 1st team.

It like watching your Dad coming on at Youth Football and thinking he's let himself go a bit.

2 minutes ago, ronniescu said:

Not sure if you're talking about Pena or Windass.

Neither are in poor shape so fuck knows.

That is just the shape of Pena, a wee bit similar to Waghorn in that his body is a bit stocky. It won't change, check the pictures of him in Mexico with Leon when he was playing his best football.

13 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Is fukking Moult related to folk on here?  Guy is another former Accrington p\ayer, have we not learned from Windass and Crooks.   Walker is vastly overrated and should be nowhere near Rangers.

Pena, honestly don't know but will see what he brings when he actually gets a run of games.

So they are all shite and Pena isnt !!!

Come on, guy that said we would be better with McLean and Walker etc is spot on.......far better players than Herrera, Pena and Candeias.

17 minutes ago, Camshy said:

So they are all shite and Pena isnt !!!

Come on, guy that said we would be better with McLean and Walker etc is spot on.......far better players than Herrera, Pena and Candeias.

Not seen enough of Herrera and Pena to make a judgement but Candeias has been one of our best and most consistent performers. Watch the highlights again yesterday and see just how many attacks stemmed directly from him or one pass before.

Archived