Pena

cushynumber

28 minutes ago, Camshy said:

So they are all shite and Pena isnt !!!

Come on, guy that said we would be better with McLean and Walker etc is spot on.......far better players than Herrera, Pena and Candeias.

Read the hearts forum and they want walker gone, wouldn't want him with a barge pole tbh, had another shite game at the weekend and Candeias has looked a fantastic signing so far!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Camshy said:

Come on, guy that said we would be better with McLean and Walker etc is spot on.......far better players than Herrera, Pena and Candeias.

Disagree with this. Candeias has been getting better with each game and was very creative yesterday. Herrera and Pena will need time but being in a totally different culture will take time for them to adjust.

McLean looks a fairly average player to me and Walker looks like he's even more inconsistent than McKay, so I wouldn't say they would've been upgrades on last season. Just more average players. We needed to try something different and thankfully Pedro is doing this. It might work, it might not but it had to be done to get back to the top.

2 hours ago, Camshy said:

Try actually reading what I said especially the part, 'Pena, honestly don't know but will see what he brings when he actually gets a run of games.'.

Moult has been around about a dozen clubs including Accrington, hardly inspires confidence.   Interesting that you feel you have seen enough of Pena to already have judged him.  Hererra has found the net already and deserves a start, again he has had almost no play time on which to be judged, but hey he is shite.  

10 hours ago, Turnberry18 said:

This is a good player, he makes the game look very easy, and could come good, if he gets the encouragement. He got into very good positions, and has a nice look on the ball.; and he's hardworking, a real box to box player. He could be a very good player for us.

I agree, my own opinion is perhaps biased as I say due to Peña being my own personal favourite, I guess because I have high hopes for him and know that deep down somewhere you don't show that quality before his party lifestyle for nothing. Given he gets his fitness up which he's done well to and now it's a case of match sharpness I can see him being quality.

I don't buy into this nonsense about him being slow, in fact did anyone see the speed of him running back to put in a slide tackle when the ball was lost? He's very quick, in fact potentially the fastest player running off the ball, so he can run and shows potential. Sure, he gave the ball away once in the middle of the park passing back, doesn't every player now and then anyway? He did give away a few fouls, okay, but people judging a players quality over that? :huh:

What for me stood out was the little glimmer of quality we saw such as his foot work around one of their players only to have been fouled and brought down; sure enough he did put the ball over the bar but every top player does, just because he missed one shot doesn't mean anything, in fact once he's up to speed I can see him getting a lot more, his runs show this, once he gels into the team and his team mates get an understanding with him I can see him being a big asset, his game is only going to improve.

What you can see is that we've not seen a player like him at Ibrox for years who from midfield looks the sort who will get in behind teams defences and get through to score goals, all of this is only going to take time with more game time and match sharpness.

People writing him off expecting him to make an immediate impact when he barely touched a ball in matches in pre season is beyond me :huh: he only played 45 minutes against St. Johnstone and like what, 15 minutes at best against Marseille where he barely touched the ball? People need to give the boy a chance. Even then he came on against Hibs when Rangers were under the cosh and I thought he held himself well for someone seeking match sharpness, likewise there against Ross County.

I can see him getting a lot of assists this season, even when his chance went a begging he held onto it, didn't give it away, put the pass back to Herrera and it was then down to Herrera to try and score. So there's potential from him. Once he gels into this team and he adapts he's going to be some player! 

37 minutes ago, shaka said:

Disagree with this. Candeias has been getting better with each game and was very creative yesterday. Herrera and Pena will need time but being in a totally different culture will take time for them to adjust.

McLean looks a fairly average player to me and Walker looks like he's even more inconsistent than McKay, so I wouldn't say they would've been upgrades on last season. Just more average players. We needed to try something different and thankfully Pedro is doing this. It might work, it might not but it had to be done to get back to the top.

For the few minutes he has played, Hererra looks quite robust and showed composure for his goal, certainly a better option over 90 than Miller.

2 hours ago, VladimirWeiss69 said:

Read the hearts forum and they want walker gone, wouldn't want him with a barge pole tbh, had another shite game at the weekend and Candeias has looked a fantastic signing so far!

Sorry but Walker of recent has not been the same player as last season and that is nothing down to his ability, anyone who thinks otherwise has not been watching him. My own friend is a Hearts supporter and by Christ he'd be gutted but accepts deep down he'll be off because he's head and shoulders above their players when he does perform.

Is it because he's shite? No, it's because to be frank, Hearts are a team unsettled given Jamie Walker doesn't want to be there, they got rid of Cathro, he wasn't playing start of the season and now they've appointed Craig Levein. The truth is, in a good attacking side when he's got his head straight, he'll perform alright, but the fact people write him off based off the start of this season? That more or less explains the irrational comments I read on Peña. 

45 minutes ago, shaka said:

How would you feel if you were playing for Hearts, were a massive supporter of Rangers ever since you were a wee boy and then one day you find out Rangers are after you with several bids only to be rejected by Hearts? 

All I can say is they can talk about how it would not affect Jamie, I don't believe that, of course it would, put yourself in his shoes for Christ sake, it would feel like getting thrown away in a jail cell meanwhile your heart is flustered by the thought you're inches away from your dream. There's reality.

10 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

For the few minutes he has played, Hererra looks quite robust and showed composure for his goal, certainly a better option over 90 than Miller.

I like the big guy, I think he'll be a good target man who will score a few if given the chance, he just needs service and the other day proved that :happy:

18 minutes ago, RangersScotty9 said:

I like the big guy, I think he'll be a good target man who will score a few if given the chance, he just needs service and the other day proved that :happy:

both him and the Wee Buffalo are physical and would be a nightmare for most defenses plus the wee man is nippy as can be.  They really deserve a wee run up front together.  Hererra would be a perfect target for some of those crosses being fired across by Candedias. 

29 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

both him and the Wee Buffalo are physical and would be a nightmare for most defenses plus the wee man is nippy as can be.  They really deserve a wee run up front together.  Hererra would be a perfect target for some of those crosses being fired across by Candedias. 

I think you're right mate to be honest, we saw even a glimpse of him pre season where he was unlucky not to score and I believe if given the service he will score more. Hopefully that goal he scored gives him a bout of confidence which is much needed. He certainly holds the ball up well and showed good composure to score his chance. I'd play Peña just in behind them 2 which would act like a 3rd striker. 

If you carefully watch over that chance Peña had and just use the wee scroll thing to slowly watch it, I think Peña stalled it on purpose to hold possession because he knew the defender was just on him. Think a bit more game time he can adapt to take chances. Great player, looking forward to seeing more of him.

Herrera stalled, fair play though he was in a tough position but of course improvement will come.  

Can't believe there's people on here slating Pena after 50mins of football total.

against Ross County he created two clear cut chances playing nice quick passes and getting into the box. He also won a few fouls at key moments.

He offered more in 20mins than niko or Miller all game.

he will come good, I predict 10 goals from midfield ??

11 hours ago, RangersScotty9 said:

I agree, my own opinion is perhaps biased as I say due to Peña being my own personal favourite, I guess because I have high hopes for him and know that deep down somewhere you don't show that quality before his party lifestyle for nothing. Given he gets his fitness up which he's done well to and now it's a case of match sharpness I can see him being quality.

I don't buy into this nonsense about him being slow, in fact did anyone see the speed of him running back to put in a slide tackle when the ball was lost? He's very quick, in fact potentially the fastest player running off the ball, so he can run and shows potential. Sure, he gave the ball away once in the middle of the park passing back, doesn't every player now and then anyway? He did give away a few fouls, okay, but people judging a players quality over that? :huh:

What for me stood out was the little glimmer of quality we saw such as his foot work around one of their players only to have been fouled and brought down; sure enough he did put the ball over the bar but every top player does, just because he missed one shot doesn't mean anything, in fact once he's up to speed I can see him getting a lot more, his runs show this, once he gels into the team and his team mates get an understanding with him I can see him being a big asset, his game is only going to improve.

What you can see is that we've not seen a player like him at Ibrox for years who from midfield looks the sort who will get in behind teams defences and get through to score goals, all of this is only going to take time with more game time and match sharpness.

People writing him off expecting him to make an immediate impact when he barely touched a ball in matches in pre season is beyond me :huh: he only played 45 minutes against St. Johnstone and like what, 15 minutes at best against Marseille where he barely touched the ball? People need to give the boy a chance. Even then he came on against Hibs when Rangers were under the cosh and I thought he held himself well for someone seeking match sharpness, likewise there against Ross County.

I can see him getting a lot of assists this season, even when his chance went a begging he held onto it, didn't give it away, put the pass back to Herrera and it was then down to Herrera to try and score. So there's potential from him. Once he gels into this team and he adapts he's going to be some player! 

Great post, nothing I can add to that mate; well put.

14 hours ago, Camshy said:

Come on, guy that said we would be better with McLean and Walker etc is spot on.......far better players than Herrera, Pena and Candeias.

Aye right ye are.

14 hours ago, Camshy said:

Candeias has been Quality so far.

12 hours ago, steven33jackie said:

Pena is on Wiki as transferring for 2.2 million seems that each week he doesn't start that he costs a bit more. Now being quoted as costing over 3 million. 

The very first fee I ever seen quoted for him was just under 3 million. I think that price is accurate but I think he played well on Sunday and will offer us something different 

I wouldn't be writing him off 

Walker is crap though - never go on who or what Hearts fans rate ffs 

Missed the game on sunday cos of work, those snippets there though make it  look like when he gets fit he could do well for us. Definitely seems to make the right runs and can play football, just far too slow at the moment.Which is a different thing than those in the know would have had us believe, ie that he is shite full stop.

Archived