Pena

cushynumber

Going to guess that Pena will be an important player once he adapts to the game in this country and settles in at the club.

Ok so we all expect more from him early doors because the reported fee involved but we shouldn't be so quick to write him off completely.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Turnberry18 said:

Great post, nothing I can add to that mate; well put.

I've no question mate, as I say I try to give that from a non-biased perspective and it's my honest assessment, I'm really looking forward to him being bred into the team, maybe he's the key to Rangers breaking teams down through the centre who sit in against us? Who knows. Teams who attack us like Celtic I think will struggle with his runs, I think getting him up to speed and use him in behind the front man / men.

57 minutes ago, Smile said:

Candeias has been Quality so far.

I love Candeias, what a tenacious winger, even when the ball is lost he can show the tenacity to chase it down and try to win it back. He shows real quality and some ways reminds me of Novo in that regard, just as a winger. Add to that he's proven he can be dangerous from set pieces.

Just now, OhW said:

@RangersScotty9 Thoughts on Carlos Pena, do you like him?

In terms of what he could bring to the squad no doubt, his potential shows and has in the past he could be a class player. It'd go a long way to find someone who would be able to score for Rangers from the middle of the park consistently and I cannot think of the last time we had that. So hoping he can get up to speed in that regard because he has the potential.

I just think the Scottish game is different though so he's not going to have the same time and space thus he'll have to adapt to that.

11 minutes ago, RangersScotty9 said:

I love Candeias, what a tenacious winger, even when the ball is lost he can show the tenacity to chase it down and try to win it back. He shows real quality and some ways reminds me of Novo in that regard, just as a winger. Add to that he's proven he can be dangerous from set pieces.

he is a quintessential old fashioned right midfielder. Perfect in a 4-4-2. You dont seem to see many of this type of player around anymore

2 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

he is a quintessential old fashioned right midfielder. Perfect in a 4-4-2. You dont seem to see many of this type of player around anymore

As it was mentioned before, no player other than Queresma put more balls into the box than Candeias. The moment I saw him brought on down the left-wing against St. Johnstone, he made an immediate impact, you could see they were struggling to contain him.

So what it proves is that he can play left or right. Great player, just shows you that it's not always big money that counts.

56 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Going to guess that Pena will be an important player once he adapts to the game in this country and settles in at the club.

Ok so we all expect more from him early doors because the reported fee involved but we shouldn't be so quick to write him off conpletely.

In the brief time has was on he actually manufactured two very good chances  - he just wasn't sharp enough to capitalise on them.

18 minutes ago, RangersScotty9 said:

In terms of what he could bring to the squad no doubt, his potential shows and has in the past he could be a class player. It'd go a long way to find someone who would be able to score for Rangers from the middle of the park consistently and I cannot think of the last time we had that. So hoping he can get up to speed in that regard because he has the potential.

I just think the Scottish game is different though so he's not going to have the same time and space thus he'll have to adapt to that.

Interesting. Your opinion is perhaps a tad biased though, is he your favourite of the summer signings? Don't you think he was a bit laissez faire in capitalising on his chance?

3 minutes ago, OhW said:

Interesting. Your opinion is perhaps a tad biased though, is he your favourite of the summer signings? Don't you think he was a bit laissez faire in capitalising on his chance?

Well for me personally you could say that he is my own personal favourite, but that's due to expectations, plus I have optimism. So far I love all the signings Rangers have made thus far and hell that bit of optimism in me tells me that Dalcio could come out and shock people.

I'm not the type of person who will sit back and say "yeah, Celtic have won the title." So even in the darkest times I've always had strong optimism.

There is certainly bits to his game he's yet to improve but that will only come with match sharpness. I'm not sure what laissez-faire would have to do with that however haha laissez-faire is just a French term for Individualism, do mean you that he was perhaps selfish? 

Nonetheless you see players miss chances, I'm sure when up to speed he'll cause problems and maybe even score a good few.

4 minutes ago, RangersScotty9 said:

Well for me personally you could say that he is my own personal favourite, but that's due to expectations, plus I have optimism. So far I love all the signings Rangers have made thus far and hell that bit of optimism in me tells me that Dalcio could come out and shock people.

I'm not the type of person who will sit back and say "yeah, Celtic have won the title." So even in the darkest times I've always had strong optimism.

There is certainly bits to his game he's yet to improve but that will only come with match sharpness. I'm not sure what laissez-faire would have to do with that however haha laissez-faire is just a French term for Individualism, do mean you that he was perhaps selfish? 

Nonetheless you see players miss chances, I'm sure when up to speed he'll cause problems and maybe even score a good few.

I'm an optimist too ,think there is more to come from the new players ,even the ones who have started well ,as for dalcio though I think he's murder and keeping another youngster out of the squad ,

Just now, magic8ball said:

I'm an optimist too ,think there is more to come from the new players ,even the ones who have started well ,as for dalcio though I think he's murder and keeping another youngster out of the squad ,

Fair play, there's obviously good reason why Rangers are after a left-midfield player and why Dalcio is kept out, maybe they will throw him in the development squad and try to grow him as a player as he's only young if I'm right? He certainly isn't good enough for the first team.

To have revamped a lot of the squad and to have come out the other end with in my opinion the one signing in Dalcio who failed to please is pretty impressive. 

Herrera was getting a bit of stick from folk but I had faith that if the service was put into him he could score and potentially will score more. I think we've got a pretty decent side and it will only grow stronger. I think if we can get strong full backs in, we'll be a very hard team to deal with, at the moment teams seem to get a lot of joy against us down the flanks, mostly from Wallace side.

Things are looking good though overall.

19 minutes ago, RangersScotty9 said:

Don't you wear pants on your head though?

5 minutes ago, RangersScotty9 said:

They're similar to bandana's that can be worn in various ways. I'm not quite sure what that has to do with the price of cheese though lol

I just think people on here should know that they're talking to a guy who wears pants on his head.

Just now, OhW said:

Don't make me post a photo

haha if people wish to gain access to know about me they can find me easily, after all I'm a photographer who puts myself out there through social media, whether that is on Instagram or even YouTube, my most viewed videos in the past were over 200,000 video views and on my first channel which I deleted all the videos and made solely political it has more than 1.5 million video views so, it's not like I've been scared to put myself out there lol

1 hour ago, cushynumber said:

In the brief time has was on he actually manufactured two very good chances  - he just wasn't sharp enough to capitalise on them.

Yes, the one/two with Herrera in the box had me screaming at the telly, just fucking it it one of yous:lol:

It's frustrating just now but he will come good i am sure.

49 minutes ago, RangersScotty9 said:

Fair play, there's obviously good reason why Rangers are after a left-midfield player and why Dalcio is kept out, maybe they will throw him in the development squad and try to grow him as a player as he's only young if I'm right? He certainly isn't good enough for the first team.

To have revamped a lot of the squad and to have come out the other end with in my opinion the one signing in Dalcio who failed to please is pretty impressive. 

Herrera was getting a bit of stick from folk but I had faith that if the service was put into him he could score and potentially will score more. I think we've got a pretty decent side and it will only grow stronger. I think if we can get strong full backs in, we'll be a very hard team to deal with, at the moment teams seem to get a lot of joy against us down the flanks, mostly from Wallace side.

Things are looking good though overall.

Getting better full backs in will cost a lot more than we can afford,tav has come on a bit,but might not still be at the level we need ,Wallace could get back to his best if he gets the right guy playing in front of him 

6 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

I'm an optimist as well.

I feel really optimistic.

Optimism seeping from my pores.

I honestly don't think Celtic are as great as people make them out to be, part of where my optimism stems from. They're a good attacking side, I'll give them that, but I think teams who will have a go at Celtic will cause them problems, they're not so spectacular at the back which is why I believe Rangers can beat them at Ibrox.

Sure, a lot will write Rangers off and it is a question of whether Rangers can perform consistently and get the points, but I'll remain confident Rangers can. So long as Rangers can beat teams who sit in against us I believe we have a strong fighting chance. I also don't think Celtic will pick up as many points this season as they did last. Motherwell, Hibs, Aberdeen and St. Johnstone are looking good for their standards, the big question is how Rangers will fair.

10 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

Getting better full backs in will cost a lot more than we can afford,tav has come on a bit,but might not still be at the level we need ,Wallace could get back to his best if he gets the right guy playing in front of him 

Look at what we brought in for such little money, but I know where you're coming from. I like Tav and think he's done well and improved, be nice though to see a bit more depth. Folk are saying we're linked with Portuguese Silvio, again I know nothing about him.

23 minutes ago, RangersScotty9 said:

I honestly don't think Celtic are as great as people make them out to be, part of where my optimism stems from. They're a good attacking side, I'll give them that, but I think teams who will have a go at Celtic will cause them problems, they're not so spectacular at the back which is why I believe Rangers can beat them at Ibrox.

Sure, a lot will write Rangers off and it is a question of whether Rangers can perform consistently and get the points, but I'll remain confident Rangers can. So long as Rangers can beat teams who sit in against us I believe we have a strong fighting chance. I also don't think Celtic will pick up as many points this season as they did last. Motherwell, Hibs, Aberdeen and St. Johnstone are looking good for their standards, the big question is how Rangers will fair.

Fuck the beggars

Archived