Pena

cushynumber

14 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Honestly think there is a really good player in there, but I have no fucking idea why im so confident in saying that.

His touch is like a drunk Kenny Miller and some of his passing is fucking woeful.

He however, always finds himself in some really dangerous places, as though by accident rather than intentionally. He seems almost lazy at times, those times when he has tracked back and is attempting to tackle folk. Its bizarre.

I do like his directness when he lays the ball back to the deeper midfield players, then spins and makes a very direct forward run, which tends to take a defender out the game.

Edit : I also think that given he only has 30 mins or so to make a contribution, he does rush things a little, which is why he panics a bit with his touch and some of his passing. Would like to see him get a start and actually see how he plays with a full 90 minutes in front of him. If he isnt as fit as Niko, then that really is a worry.

Think you summed him up in your second paragraph tbh. I would like to see him progress from today's game, but like you - I think there is a long way to go with him before he can become a regular starter.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See tbh, even in his current state he's offering more than Miller.

Think playing him in behind Morelos could be the future but he definitely needs to lose a bit of rust first.

As an aside, good to see a big reaction from Mexican fans on Twitter for his goal, good exposure for the club. :thumbup:

1 hour ago, saltire266 said:

Said the boy needs about 6 games like the rest of the new signings and lo an behold now the players are all not shite and Pedro is the man. Some people on here are wired to the moon.

I didn't get my knickers in a twist when we had our sticky start to the season 

I'm still not getting carried away thinking that this is it and we are on our way .

But I'm  positive about the potential in the team.a win against they grassing scummy bastards in 2 weeks may start of a really good season 

Just now, magic8ball said:

I didn't get my knickers in a twist when we had our sticky start to the season 

I'm still not getting carried away thinking that this is it and we are on our way .

But I'm  positive about the potential in the team.a win against they grassing scummy bastards in 2 weeks may start of a really good season 

I'd gee ma left nut tae beat they nappy rippin bastards

Watching the game today I felt he got himself into some great positions but the team were a fraction too slow getting the ball to him and by the time they did he was left a bit flat footed having to adjust and/or had men closing him down.

Hopefully the goal and more game time, he and the rest of the team will click.

Looks promising. Time will tell.

1 hour ago, KBOO72 said:

I really don't know what to make of him. He seems to find space in and around the box with ease, drifting into dangerous positions with no one near him, took his goal really well and could have had another. But on the other hand his first touch and weight of passing at times makes him look like an amateur.

So in summary...... Fuck knows. 

100% this.

Nearly scores with his first touch (header) then looked like towing a caravan when running and passing.

Thought his celebration was good to see that it meant so much to him, hopefully he kicks on from here as I think he's had enough time to get up to speed.

Desperately need this boy to be a player. We'll be a much better side in a 4231 but it all comes down to him really. Aberdeen and celtic will toy with us if we let them have an extra man in there against Jack and Dorrans. 

Seems to have a footballing brain judging by his runs and his positional awareness, took his goal well but to use a boxing analogy, he looks "ring rusty".  I really think he will come good and when up to speed will prove a better option than Miller or Nico who should be our two semi-retired subs. 

For those saying that he is shite, how many players brought in by Pedro have failed so far, I believe both Pena and Hererra will come good.  

On 8/6/2017 at 7:17 AM, TheKingObv said:

I'm sorry but Candeias is pish 

On 8/6/2017 at 6:40 AM, TheKingObv said:

Candeias is mince

On 8/6/2017 at 6:41 AM, DavieCooper74 said:

Aw fuck sake Candias

On 8/6/2017 at 6:21 AM, BareGrills said:

Candeias Hodson Herrera - Utter gash.

On 7/30/2017 at 9:51 AM, BlueThunder said:

Three weeks ago we were saying that Ryan Jack was bang average and that Candeias was terrible.

Lets wait until the guy is ready to play and then judge him.

Just a few of the early comments about Candeias and the season was hardly underway. 

12 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Just a few of the early comments about Candeias and the season was hardly underway. 

Spot on mate. Let's see him get a run in the team first. If he gets up to speed with his ability to get into good positions he will score goals. 

2 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Might get laughed at, but I think he's a bit Lampard like with his timing of his runs. Seems to have an ability to arrive in the box at the right time. 

Good finish too. 

All round play wasn't great though. 

Maybe has his belly! 

2 hours ago, philiprfc said:

See tbh, even in his current state he's offering more than Miller.

Think playing him in behind Morelos could be the future but he definitely needs to lose a bit of rust first.

As an aside, good to see a big reaction from Mexican fans on Twitter for his goal, good exposure for the club. :thumbup:

Good post all round.

34 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Might get laughed at, but I think he's a bit Lampard like with his timing of his runs. Seems to have an ability to arrive in the box at the right time. 

Good finish too. 

All round play wasn't great though. 

Nasmith? 

Archived