Pena

cushynumber

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, RangersScotty9 said:

I said before the game elsewhere on Facebook that people will place him under the microscope and they well blow everything out of proportion where every little mistake he does they will emphasise it tenfold

And that leads to people like you doing the reverse, and blowing anything good he does out of proportion.

6 hours ago, KirkBroadband said:

I'm not reading through the last few pages cause i can't be arsed.... he was dreadful in the first half..... but what a fucking header, outstanding... then he was blowing out his arse after it. He's not fit enough to start against the Taigs!

Rather have Pena start than Miller. Game time will have helped him. Also his attitude after going off was a good indicator that he wants the team to do well. 

He tried to play the forward ball more often than not. About half came off, half got intercepted.

I can see what his game is all about.

He still looks a yard off the pace though and he is not athletic. He has a double chin ffs.

Great header. Top notch.

Pass marks from me for last night but his physical condition will hinder his contribution for us unless he sorts his fitness.

4 hours ago, Ozblue said:

I would say you could point that finger to every player on the park tonight; some more than others. Every thing I learned not to do in football, we did it. Defenders letting the ball bounce (as what cost us a goal at the weekend) don't ball watch....don't give your opponent 5 yards space on the flanks...No need to try and burst the net with the goal at your mercy AND don't try and defend a lead in your own penalty box. Fucking hell! no wonder my health deteriorates watching us play.

Good point Oz.

9 hours ago, johanhentze said:

Some people were slagging him off during the game... he was not playing badly. In fact, he made us a much more fluid team, in my opinion. He had a good game... he certainly showed much more than he had the chance to in previous games. There is still more to come from him, I suspect.

Time.... give him time.

Absolutely, I said this at half time. I honestly couldn't believe some, if not many, were slagging him. Some of his touches and little runs, not to mention the fact that he was closing down their players quickly, were great. I get the feeling that many fans today just think that if we are not scoring then we are playing shit, which is not the case. I remember one little dummy he made, it got intercepted but it was unlucky. He will get fitter and better with every game. Confident we have found ourselves a gem here. Him, Morelos, Herrera , Candeias are really showing what they are capable of. I don't like pe dros tactics when we take a lead, but I do think he has found us some cracking players.

I don't think last nights game suited Peña's style of play. Partick had large numbers behind the ball in a small space 20/30 yards from goal, Peña's game looks like it's about making late, intelligent runs from deep toward or beyond the striker and there wasn't space for him to do that last night. Add the fact he's still getting up to speed. I honestly think games against celtic, Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs will suit him better when teams aren't camped in there own penalty box, it will give him more space to exploit. I'm honestly quite excited about what he can bring to the team when he's match sharp. 

1 hour ago, Turnberry18 said:

Good point Oz.

Pena has been getting bags of stick by every tom,Dick and Harry ever since he stepped foot in Scotland for all sorts of reasons and it's fucking uncalled for. I would ask how many of these critics have ever moved to a foreign country, without their family, without knowing the language, different food, weather, culture, style of football and a host of other things that he's had to bear. Everybody laughed when Pedro Caixhina mentioned he was not used to playing on wet pitches as if it was a stupid thing to say...it wasn't.

I remember when I came to Australia in 1966; a land that spoke the same language, ate the same type of food, had the same culture (almost) and I was a fucking dud....why?because the grounds were nothing like I had ever played on. All my life I had played or red ash, black ash, waterlogged grounds, but nothing like Australian pitches. I think the lad is trying his heart out to prove he has class, but he needs time, which unfortunately he isn't going to get at Rangers. I hope he proves people wrong.

11 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

Another who has decided without giving the player a chance.

In what way am I not giving him a chance? I'm a fan, a punter. I don't pick the team. Every time he plays he has the chance to change my mind.

48 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

Pena has been getting bags of stick by every tom,Dick and Harry ever since he stepped foot in Scotland for all sorts of reasons and it's fucking uncalled for. I would ask how many of these critics have ever moved to a foreign country, without their family, without knowing the language, different food, weather, culture, style of football and a host of other things that he's had to bear. Everybody laughed when Pedro Caixhina mentioned he was not used to playing on wet pitches as if it was a stupid thing to say...it wasn't.

I remember when I came to Australia in 1966; a land that spoke the same language, ate the same type of food, had the same culture (almost) and I was a fucking dud....why?because the grounds were nothing like I had ever played on. All my life I had played or red ash, black ash, waterlogged grounds, but nothing like Australian pitches. I think the lad is trying his heart out to prove he has class, but he needs time, which unfortunately he isn't going to get at Rangers. I hope he proves people wrong.

It's ignorance mate, nothing more.

Probably his biggest fault last night was trying a few thread the ball through the eye of the needle type passes when they had a ton of players behind the ball.

He gets into good positions and if he can learn to be a bit quicker on the ball and make the simple passes he might be a player.

Just now, Jack The Flipper said:

It's ignorance mate, nothing more.

Is it ignorance or frustration that we have been in the shadows of the scum of Scottish football for the past 6 years and we desperately want a collection of players that will win us the league when in reality we are trying to do it with an entirely new team, which the majority of them are nowhere good enough to even pull on a Rangers shirt, never mind be good enough to win anything, according to the critics in the Rangers support. I have supported our great club for almost 65 years or so and never felt so proud of our supporters as I do now. We deserve to win the title, but unless King and the board find finance of a serious amount from somewhere, this is going to be as good as it gets until this unit is given time to gel properly and add a few more quality players in the next 2-3 transfer windows to go with the quality Pedro has brought in so far.

2 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

Is it ignorance or frustration that we have been in the shadows of the scum of Scottish football for the past 6 years and we desperately want a collection of players that will win us the league when in reality we are trying to do it with an entirely new team, which the majority of them are nowhere good enough to even pull on a Rangers shirt, never mind be good enough to win anything, according to the critics in the Rangers support. I have supported our great club for almost 65 years or so and never felt so proud of our supporters as I do now. We deserve to win the title, but unless King and the board find finance of a serious amount from somewhere, this is going to be as good as it gets until this unit is given time to gel properly and add a few more quality players in the next 2-3 transfer windows to go with the quality Pedro has brought in so far.

Completely agree. People keep going on about the drop in standards in players, the manager etc and that we shouldn't be accepting of those standards - sighting how we used to be.

Well, those standards start from the top. Our board are way below our standard and a lot of people do not see that. We need this to be sorted before we can increase the standard elsewhere, it is for this reason I cannot get that angry with Pedro or the players.

If we do win the league with this board in charge, it will be down to a huge amount of determination, strength and lady luck.

8 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

We deserve to win the title, but unless King and the board find finance of a serious amount from somewhere, this is going to be as good as it gets until this unit is given time to gel properly and add a few more quality players in the next 2-3 transfer windows to go with the quality Pedro has brought in so far.

It's continuous improvement Ozblue. We start with a team and built it over a few windows, we have the basis of something now - Pedro needs to identify where the improvements should be over time and these areas should be improved on. He needs a few windows to do this. We are not far off a very good team, we cant do anything now until January but hopefully, he will be backed to add to our squad what is required.

If we send him up the road, a new manager would demand his own players and we start again. A revolving door of managers and players is not good financially nor in footballing terms.

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

It's continuous improvement Ozblue. We start with a team and built it over a few windows, we have the basis of something now - Pedro needs to identify where the improvements should be over time and these areas should be improved on. He needs a few windows to do this. We are not far off a very good team, we cant do anything now until January but hopefully, he will be backed to add to our squad what is required.

If we send him up the road, a new manager would demand his own players and we start again. A revolving door of managers and players is not good financially nor in footballing terms.

Ever since we lost in Luxembourg Pedro is on the verge of being sacked and it's thread after fucking thread about who do we want as our next manager? This might come as a shock to some people on here, but Pedro and his backroom staff are going nowhere, even if we finish 3rd in the league and qualify for Europe. There is no way the board could afford to pay that kind of compensation, plus the fact, what other manager could come in and buy better players than we have at present for the money the board is willing to shell out?

I agree entirely with your comments,Keyser, especially your last sentence... You can not build a squad when your players are continually trying to fit in to a new managers way of thinking.

2 hours ago, Ozblue said:

You're right, and hopefully he gets the time and comes good.

Archived