Pena

cushynumber

4 minutes ago, RedWhiteBlue1872 said:

He should be up to speed, new cultures and surroundings is one thing but looking woefully short of fitness in near October is unacceptable.

You could argue that he had some sort of impact on Brown and tried to get close, however it should be the other way around.

I don't know he gave the ball away a lot at the weekend and I think time is running out on him, he needs to get more aggressive in his play fast.

He has two things very evident in his game, touch, and spacial awareness; he has great touch on the ball, his ability to find space is something he makes look very easy. Those two things are the mark of quality; if he can get fitter and sharper then he may end up being a good player.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

mate he has had two starts - one of them an old firm game. He scored in the other and done some really nice stuff. He is not up to speed yet, but he is getting there. He needs games and I think he needs more than that. Even with a great pre-season, I never felt match fit till I had 6 solid games under my belt.

I'm looking at him though and not seeing it. I'm by far never one to judge players or managers too early. This guy needs a salah type progression in the next few games to change my view on him.

1 hour ago, Turnberry18 said:

He has two things very evident in his game, touch, and spacial awareness; he has great touch on the ball, his ability to find space is something he makes look very easy. Those two things are the mark of quality; if he can get fitter and sharper then he may end up being a good player.

You observations tie in with a Spanish language article I saw a week or so back, where folk whilst admiring his ability was worried about his attitude.  I hope he sorts out his fitness and that he is not somehow 'sulking or unhappy', that could be problematic. 

Just now, siddiqi_drinker said:

You observations tie in with a Spanish language article I saw a week or so back, where folk whilst admiring his ability was worried about his attitude.  I hope he sorts out his fitness and that he is not somehow 'sulking or unhappy', that could be problematic. 

You'd like to think these two things would come with the package, but football has had so many very good players that lacked the dedication needed to stay at the top; hopefully he isn't one of them. It is also the last thing we need at this time as well, if he doesn't improve. Is there a link to that by the way?

1 hour ago, cushynumber said:

mate he has had two starts - one of them an old firm game. He scored in the other and done some really nice stuff. He is not up to speed yet, but he is getting there. He needs games and I think he needs more than that. Even with a great pre-season, I never felt match fit till I had 6 solid games under my belt.

Something people don't realise is the difference in football as well. There's a certain physicality players need to get used too. Morelos, herrera, pedro and Alves bave even said as much. 

The guy deserves a chance to get upto speed, it's a difficult area to excel. 

4 hours ago, Potdog said:

Hate this about our support.... Player plays shite "Oh he's fat as fuck"  I'm hoping they are typing this while being under 15 percent body fat because if pena is fat then 99 percent of scotland is fat as fuck.

Desperados mate. Look it the cunts arm man :lol: I’ve seen mad gym freaks that don’t even drink/go out etc from my gym and their arms are nowhere near Penas’.

He's been desperately unlucky with some of his passing.

Seeing him live he has a canny ability to find himself in great positions where a quick ball into his feet would see him have a split second more time on the ball.

Unfortunately for him, Dorrans doesnt do quick balls into feet!

2 hours ago, born a blue nose said:

I'm looking at him though and not seeing it. I'm by far never one to judge players or managers too early. This guy needs a salah type progression in the next few games to change my view on him.

there's actually a rangers stats website that shown Pena is actually our second best forward after Morelos - honest!

2 hours ago, Turnberry18 said:

Pitch geography in laymans :lol: 

Just now, cushynumber said:

I'll tell you one thing, much as MW put a lot of bets on Kranjcar and barton, Pedro is betting a lot on getting Pena up and running. He cant afford for him to fail.

Most definitely. I said a while ago it could be a 2.7MIL nail in the coffin.

I hope not as I want Pedro to succeed so fucking much but it's not looking likely 

8 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Most definitely. I said a while ago it could be a 2.7MIL nail in the coffin.

I hope not as I want Pedro to succeed so fucking much but it's not looking likely 

he has no more wiggle room. The terrible results of last season, coupled with the progres game meant he didnt  allow himself any grace period with the fans at all. 

13 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Seen this the other day or something like it. I see a good prospect in Pena and to write him off now would be stupid 

Of all our squad who have played at least 90 minutes of football - he is our second most effective offensive player. I think that's fucking unreal for a fat cunt thats towing a caravan about.

Really dissapointed in him so far...but like many posters..there is something about him...needs to get the finger out soon though.!! I think we should give him until Christmas and re access then.

Archived