Pena

cushynumber

5 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

Why are so many fans so dead set against Pena?  The guy still hasn't played a full game and has been played in different roles.  I'd like to see him played for a few games in the one position before I decide if he will be an asset and fit in or if we should try to move him on in the next transfer window.   Herrera is in the same position, we just haven't seen enough of either player to judge them fairly.       I haven't seen much criticism of Jack or Dorrans neither of whom has set the heather alight for us.   People going on about Pena could have been sent off when Jack was actually sent off.  My problem lies with the manager as he hasn't set up the team in a formation which suits our players as far as I can see.

Jack has arguably been our best player this season, Dorrans hasn't been great, but he's not been shite.

Pena's first touch is as bad as mine, and still doesn't look ready despite being here for nearly four month. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Jack has arguably been our best player this season, Dorrans hasn't been great, but he's not been shite.

Pena's first touch is as bad as mine, and still doesn't look ready despite being here for nearly four month. 

It really isnae 

11 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

Why are so many fans so dead set against Pena?  The guy still hasn't played a full game and has been played in different roles.  I'd like to see him played for a few games in the one position before I decide if he will be an asset and fit in or if we should try to move him on in the next transfer window.   Herrera is in the same position, we just haven't seen enough of either player to judge them fairly.       I haven't seen much criticism of Jack or Dorrans neither of whom has set the heather alight for us.   People going on about Pena could have been sent off when Jack was actually sent off.  My problem lies with the manager as he hasn't set up the team in a formation which suits our players as far as I can see.

Whilst the bottom part of your post is probably correct with regards to formation I just think Pena looks absolutely shite.

Normally you can tell if someone is half decent or just struggling fitness wise but he honestly looks lost out there. I sometimes wonder if he actually knows how to play.

Happy to be proven wrong though, I just expected better, much better. So far what I've seen hasn't given me much hope for him getting better. As you say, early days, and we need someone who we spent £2.5m on to be one of the best we've got. So far not the case.

Just now, .Williamson. said:

Well Penas first touch on one occasion against Hamilton could have resulted in a leg break for one of their players, so im not sure how bad you're saying a first touch can get.

Aye I know. But foreverneva is a wee fat dick. So his is probably worse

1 minute ago, A.T.G said:

Aye I know. But foreverneva is a wee fat dick. So his is probably worse

I've now got an image in my head of those wee guys in school that for some unknown reason had absolutely no ability when it came to football. It's as if they were trying to kick with a prosthetic leg for the first time. 

I've now got an image in my head of those wee guys in school that for some unknown reason had absolutely no ability when it came to football. It's as if they were trying to kick with a prosthetic leg for the first time. 

Aye. I'll never understand why they kick like that. I don't actually know he is fat but I was just copying his long post and highlighting something and then giving a wide as fuck comment :lol:

Cunt does it all the time

11 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

It really isnae 

I mean I could kick like a normal person, but genuinely was pure shite, always last pick ?

4 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Its fucking laughable that when he first signed in the summer his agent said he would be using us as a stepping stone to bigger things.

Dole lines are pretty big in this country. And that cpuld be his next step...

43 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

Big reason right there mate

I have been reading a lot about Pena and his time in Mexico(Google translator is a wonderful thing). He says that he is not an attacking midfielder  but a creative midfielder working in the middle of the midfield. He appears to think he is a Cantona type player; in my opinion he may well be a Cantona type player, but he lacks the skill and work ethic of Cantona but unfortunately has the ego. He has been capped for Mexico several times but not now. He has been slagged for lack of work ethic and attitude but praised for his skill when he does turn it on, at most of the clubs he has been at. I think he has skill and is probably fit but wants the game to come easy to him but in Scotland you have to fight of the right to play. If Pedro can sort his head out, he could be very very good for us but it is his work ethic in matches that come up time and time again as his main problem. 

I’m not buying that he is shite, there’s something else at play here but it’s not his ability. It might be confidence, sharpness or drive.

look at the video below and tell me that he’s shite, he looks the part here and unless he’s got a twin and we have the dud there is a player in there.

Based on what I’ve read he’s one of those that has lost his way which in theory means he can find it again but that comes with playing and enjoying playing, being judged after 3 starts as shite is just crazy. If he continues to start and it gets no better then i’ll admit I was wrong and won’t complain if we sell him but if we can get him back to the way he was a few years back then surely that’s the best outcome for us?

14 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

I’m not buying that he is shite, there’s something else at play here but it’s not his ability. It might be confidence, sharpness or drive.

look at the video below and tell me that he’s shite, he looks the part here and unless he’s got a twin and we have the dud there is a player in there.

Based on what I’ve read he’s one of those that has lost his way which in theory means he can find it again but that comes with playing and enjoying playing, being judged after 3 starts as shite is just crazy. If he continues to start and it gets no better then i’ll admit I was wrong and won’t complain if we sell him but if we can get him back to the way he was a few years back then surely that’s the best outcome for us?

There is defo a player in there somewhere, I think people underestimate how much the big change of climate/culture can affect a player.

look at the amount of players that have bombed coming from Spain and Italy with big reputations to England because they can't live with a bit of rain and a language barrier.

If pedro judged him on what we see in the video it's hard to fault the manager for thinking we were getting an attacking minded player who gets things done in and around the box which is something we sorely missed under the breadman.

27 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

We absolutely should not be spending the most amount of money we've spent in years on a guy who was good in south America several years ago, and has fairly well known issues. 

I don't necessarily think he's shite, that's not the point. The point is that he's appearing to be a terrible signing for us now. 

1 minute ago, Gman36 said:

We absolutely should not be spending the most amount of money we've spent in years on a guy who was good in south America several years ago, and has fairly well known issues. 

I don't necessarily think he's shite, that's not the point. The point is that he's appearing to be a terrible signing for us now. 

What is his issues?

49 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

all players come with an element of risk, we tried the british players nonsense last season and it was shite, we try something different and we dont even give it proper time to work out or not

1 hour ago, NeoGeo7 said:

FFS in that video he looks better than Maradona !! I will take a few of those goals which are against better opposition please

On 28/09/2017 at 10:21, glasgow argyle said:

If Rossiter stays fit? He could be that type of player.

I do think Pena should have a run of games to increase match sharpness.

By the end of October if he has not shown significant improvement . (and i hope he does).

Then i think we have have to accept he is an expensive failure.

Taking all things into consideration includuding  culture time to adapt etc.

With the international break.

I would still give him another 3/4 games despite his worst display (so far) at hamilton.

If no improvement by then i would give up on him.

I really hope  he comes good. But cannot hang on to that hope indefinetly.

Archived