The Pedro Caixinha Thread

.Williamson.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

It's not really, you'll find it difficult to come across a fan watching our game on Saturday who believes we wouldn't have won had it stayed 11 v11. 

99 times out of 100 a player scores a penalty. Incompetent refereeing within a small period is to blame for a 5 point swing, obviously not in our favour 

We were pretty shit for about half the time before the red card, but should have been 2 ahead at least.

Big problem is that hibs tactically have our number.

They've played 4-5-1 all pre season but changed to 3-5-2 on Saturday.

that allows them to go 3v2 in midfield and 2 up front allows them to put a striker over to inside left when Tav bombs forward.

3 games in a row they've won against us and scored 3 goals in each game.

8 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

We were pretty shit for about half the time before the red card, but should have been 2 ahead at least.

I don't think we were tbh mate. Jack was sent off in the 35th minute and the half hour before that we should've been out of sight. The problem is that's the second week in a row we've said we should've been home and dry after 30 minutes and it strikes of deja vu again. Pedro isn't  completely blameless, his subs were poor but I think if we see a fair ref on Saturday we'll wipe the floor with Hearts like we would've done at the weekend had it stayed 11 v 11. 

I would like Pedro to succeed, but because of the result against Hivs (the referee was certainly partly to blame) the next game v Hearts now becomes another must win game. We can only hope that the referee is fair this time and applies the rules evenly, but anything less than three points and the pressure will be getting very difficult to cope with.

I have no doubt by next Sat, we the fans, will be up for the game again, I just hope Pedro and the players are also up for it. Any room for errors and more dropped points are slipping away fast.

He needs to secure us at the very least 1 decent FB, ridiculous the amount of space and time we gift opponents from wide positions.

Kenny Miller should come out of the starting 11, so far he's not performed to a standard that we'll miss. Give the opening encounters to our new strikers and see how they gel.

Starting games strong is brilliant and I know we've been unlucky in some instances, just being denied a second goal and effectively killing the game. But we have two talented CM's in Jack and Dorrans, and I'd like to see us optionally slowing the game down if we manage an early lead rather than throwing almost everything forward only to be caught on the counter.

2 hours ago, Gandhi1872 said:

We beat Motherwell after losing the 2nd goal. Obviously it happened at the weekend and Hibs came into it a little more about scoring the equaliser but the overall game was then skewed by the fact Jack was sent off. I think it's too early to say whether this team has a problem reacting to set-backs. 

I'm not saying we cant win if we lose the 2nd goal, I'm saying if we don't get it we look very nervous, we did score the 3rd vs Motherwell but we looked all over the place after the first 20mins

2 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

I'm not saying we cant win if we lose the 2nd goal, I'm saying if we don't get it we look very nervous, we did score the 3rd vs Motherwell but we looked all over the place after the first 20mins

must have missed that goal.

6 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

Well if Motherwell scored the 2nd goal and we got the next goal what number would that be? fucking Einstein

my mistake thought you meant we scored a 3rd, no need for the language :p:

2 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

that allows them to go 3v2 in midfield and 2 up front allows them to put a striker over to inside left when Tav bombs forward.

Most teams would do it anyway but especially now everyone will go with 3 in the midfield if we play 4-4-2. 

2 hours ago, Bears r us said:

I would like Pedro to succeed, but because of the result against Hivs (the referee was certainly partly to blame) the next game v Hearts now becomes another must win game. We can only hope that the referee is fair this time and applies the rules evenly, but anything less than three points and the pressure will be getting very difficult to cope with.

I have no doubt by next Sat, we the fans, will be up for the game again, I just hope Pedro and the players are also up for it. Any room for errors and more dropped points are slipping away fast.

So would I but his tactical reaction to Jack's sending off was farcical. We were already losing the midfield battle, get one of our most effective midfielders sent off and he brings on a striker and a centre half and puts Miller in midfield. All when we had Rossiter and Pena on the bench. We then spend 40 mins with long hit and hope punts up the park that clearly were not working. 

As I said I want him to succeed but crackpot decisions like that will make me change my mind fairly sharpish.

28 minutes ago, The Beast said:

So would I but his tactical reaction to Jack's sending off was farcical. We were already losing the midfield battle, get one of our most effective midfielders sent off and he brings on a striker and a centre half and puts Miller in midfield. All when we had Rossiter and Pena on the bench. We then spend 40 mins with long hit and hope punts up the park that clearly were not working. 

As I said I want him to succeed but crackpot decisions like that will make me change my mind fairly sharpish.

I would agree about the midfield battle, I was getting concerned before they equalised and the second half was difficult to understand. I think a 3 5 1 would have been the best way to go but it is all about opinions I suppose.

The referee played a big part in the game as well IMO, but Pedro will come under huge pressure if he does not start getting results. Starting on Saturday. 

3 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Very good point. 

Going forward against the better teams I think we have to ditch the 4-4-2. Teams like Hibs, Celtic and Aberdeen will dominate our midfield if we player that formation. 

It works when we play at 100mph in the first 15 mins but we cannot sustain that for the whole game.

I reckon we'll switch to 3-5-2 eventually, I just hope it doesn't take another bad result for Pedro to realise this. Be a good sign from him as a manager to switch to it before we play good side and not when we are already losing or whatever. 

However in saying that I don't think Hearts have the quality to be one of those teams to switch to 3-5-2 and we can do the job with a 4-4-2.

20 minutes ago, CoplandStandBear said:

Pedro isn't the right man to take us forward and should never have been appointed in the first place.  The competitive results so far are showing he is out of his depth and ideally he is let go immediately but more realistically Christmas time or the end of the season.

I think he'll be gone before then, end of October for me unless he turns things round big style, not confident of that tho

17 hours ago, Ryan_1 said:

Very good point. 

Going forward against the better teams I think we have to ditch the 4-4-2. Teams like Hibs, Celtic and Aberdeen will dominate our midfield if we player that formation. 

It works when we play at 100mph in the first 15 mins but we cannot sustain that for the whole game.

I reckon we'll switch to 3-5-2 eventually, I just hope it doesn't take another bad result for Pedro to realise this. Be a good sign from him as a manager to switch to it before we play good side and not when we are already losing or whatever. 

However in saying that I don't think Hearts have the quality to be one of those teams to switch to 3-5-2 and we can do the job with a 4-4-2.

Why do we need to ditch 442 or change our system to play against the likes of Aberdeen & Hibs? Not like we are up against Real Madrid & Barca.

We are Rangers, any team we put out on the park should be able to dispatch the likes of those two without changing formation. We play 433 and we say we don't do it right, we need 2 up front. We play 442 now we've to change it for the likes of that muck?

If Tav was disciplined enough then we would have had sufficient cover for the 1st goal. If Hodson wasn't chronic then we would have defended the 2nd goal better. Sometimes people get too hung up on formations, end of the day it's the players that make it and we've known for a while our full backs are poor.

Not saying we have to use one system and stick with it but if we do the basics right Rangers will beat 99% of the teams in this league using 442. 

Archived