The Pedro Caixinha Thread

.Williamson.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gave my ticket to my son today doubt he'll talk to me again. And i have no wish or desire to disagree with fellow Gers but those fans talking about patience or time are way off the pace. Sorry but this guy is a dud pure and simple and we will go nowhere with him. We had better options with Mcness Davies and Tommy Wright so whoever decided to go with this bumbling buffoon should be told to bolt. Lets not kid ourselves the guy should have been shown the door after Luxembourg which imo IS the worst result in Europe by a Scottish club. FOURTH in Luxembourg ffs my local schools side would have gave them a game. Bung in a humiliation at home v Savco among plenty others and it all adds up to same thing. The guy is a haddock and we need to cut our losses NOW. Before yet another season is a total disaster.

Should really have gone after Progres.

Im not sold on most of his signings bar Dorrans, Jack and possibly cardoso.

But no doubt he will be kept on as Im sure he's blagged himself a nice payoff and the board wont have the balls to get rid of him.

He had a decent transfer window. Nobody can deny that Alves, Cardoso, Candeias, Dorrans and Jack have made us stronger. 

However, with a better squad we have manage to regress. That highlights his inabilities as a manager. Last week we had a good start but the game was ruined by the ref and some bizarre second half tactics. This week the ref was ok and we simply were not good enough. No excuses. Shocking. 

Pedro gotta go, whenever we have to win Pedro fails to deliver. He has had loads more than Warburton to spend and we actually look worse for it. The fact that those who he deemed surplus to requirements are banging in the goals, tell me he is a bad man manager. Bottom six beckons should we not get rid of him now.

19 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

As in the match thread:

18 games played competitively:

10 wins
2 draws (including today) 
6 defeats including

A humiliating European exit to semi pro part timers, 
A record defeat to the bheasts, 
A 25 year record against the sheep, 
A Scottish cup record in semi finals stretching back 80 years

...and that's not including last week (referring aside).

Not good enough for me. Sorry, but forget about it not 'being his team' / Warburtons signings etc - this is now his team - he simply doesn't have what it takes.

People say give him the next two / three games / until Christmas etc games / pick up points - but that's simply buying him time before the inevitable. Sooner rather than later for me.

He needs to walk / be shown the door.

Thanks for the memories PC ( :sarcasm:  ) - but don't let the door hit your arse on the way out you incompetent fuck.

I'm hoping for a resignation announcement in his after-match interview.  Incompetent and useless fuck.

Over to you King / Robertson and Co....

At a time when our next managerial appointment was to be our most important ever we went on a whim with a gamble.

A recommendation from Pedro Mendes to our 3-man interview panel who, what they actually know about football let alone running a club the size of Rangers you could write on the back of a stamp.

He's winged an interview. Some fancy talk & a wee powerpoint presentation and he's somehow found himself in the privileged position of manager our football club. 

I find it interesting that the players who were used as an excuse for Pedro's failings last season are on absolute fire for their new clubs at the start of this season whilst we toil AGAIN.
Anyone reading this and thinking they couldn't handle the pressures of playing for Rangers are probably right, but competant managers can help manage the expectations on them and prepare/train them in these pressures.
Pedro has done a good job of getting them all out the door which is fine, but don't use them as scapegoats for his own failings anymore.

I said on here last season when we took this gamble (in response to how there might be some collatoral damage in terms of results) that it's fine - provided we see some signs on progression. We didn't. We got worse.

I know we don't need reminded but to stress my point I'm going to list them again ..

A Scottish Cup semi final record against the fenians stretching 80-years - GONE.
The biggest ever Ibrox defeat to the fenians.
Almost 30-year unbeaten record at Ibrox against Aberdeen - GONE.
Second place finish in the league - GONE.

That was all allowed for some strange reason as Pedro was finding his feet.

So he then get's rid of this deadwood, spends almost 10-million and we have ..

Put out of Europe by the 4th best team in Luxembourg who had 7 new signings.
Home defeat to Hibs.
Couldn't beat Hearts at home the following week.
Out of Europe and 5-points behind the fenians 3-games into the season.

All in a 6-month tenure. What can he do to sink us in a full 3-year contract term?

There's no excusing this. Please don't anyone try. You's all said we needed maximum points from our first 4 games and after last week it's "see how we do against Celtic" and "Xmas time" ... how about no? just see it for what it actually is. Forget this he needs time and our backing (said with an undertone that implies anyone wanting him gone isn't a true supporter or something) a true supporter only cares about one thing and that's winning - not making excuses for third-rate crap that shouldn't be at the club.

I hear people online excusing the Progres result by saying "ah McLeish had Zizkov and Smith had Kaunas" so what? they earned the right to off-nights with their previous achievements that included multiple league titles, Scottish Cups and League Cups.

I hear people say we can't keep changing managers every 6-months. I agree that's regretable. I used to take enormous pride in only having something like 13 full-time managers in our clubs history only a few years ago but now winning is a lot more important. We can't have the alternative which is just keeping shite managers in a job instead. 

We have even appointed a director of football for reasons unknown to me - well that's a lie - the reasons are clear, it's to put a nice buffer between the manager (the fact he was appointed) and the scummy bastards in our boardroom to try and take the heat off and protect them. 

Find a couple of million King you prick (this is your mess) and pay Pedro off and get McInnes in. Fix it now.

A lot of this has been said by me in other threads so I am going over some old ground but I need to put it altogether once more and say it again.

12 minutes ago, JukeBoxJohn said:

Tommy Wright or McInnes were the logical choices but this board don't do logic. Good solid managers who know the league inside out. 

Depressing times.

Your spot on, look at the difference in O'Halloran under Tommy Wright. Tommy Wright should have been the Rangers manager. Pedro is a dud and will go on to be known as our worst ever manager.

Just now, Burnbankblue said:

Your spot on, look at the difference in O'Halloran under Tommy Wright. Tommy Wright should have been the Rangers manager. Pedro is a dud and will go on to be known as our worst ever manager.

I suggested Wright on here before Pedro came in and was shot down. He'd make us solid first and foremost and the football probably wouldn't be easy on the eye most of the time but I'm confident we'd grind out the result. A bit like Walter's second spell. An old school approach and going back to basics is what is needed.

Said it when he was first announced it was too big, nothing but disappointments since.  

Pumped 5-1 at home off the bheggers

lost a 26 year unbeaten record against the sheep shaggers

Parped out of Europe by a bunch of bus drivers and drug dealers

5 points behind the bheggers and the sheep shaggers and were no even fucking four games In!!

time to go, before it gets worse.

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

At a time when our next managerial appointment was to be our most important ever we want on a whim with a gamble.

A recommendation from Pedro Mendes to our 3-man interview panel who, what they actually know about football let alone running a club the size of Rangers you could write on the back of a stamp.

He's winged an interview. Some fancy talk & a wee powerpoint presentation and he's somehow found himself in the privileged position of manager our football club. 

I find it interesting that the players who were used as an excuse for Pedro's failings last season are on absolute fire for their new clubs at the start of this season whilst we toil AGAIN.
Anyone reading this and thinking they couldn't handle the pressures of playing for Rangers are probably right, but competant managers can help manage the expectations on them and prepare/train them in these pressures.
Pedro has done a good job of getting them all out the door which is fine, but don't use them as scapegoats for his own failings anymore.

I said on here last season when we took this gamble (in response to how there might be some collatoral damage in terms of results) that it's fine - provided we see some signs on progression. We didn't. We got worse.

I know we don't need reminded but to stress my point I'm going to list them again ..

A Scottish Cup semi final record against the fenians stretching 80-years - GONE.
The biggest ever Ibrox defeat to the fenians.
Almost 30-year unbeaten record at Ibrox against Aberdeen - GONE.
Second place finish in the league - GONE.

That was all allowed for some strange reason as Pedro was finding his feet.

So he then get's rid of this deadwood, spends almost 10-million and we have ..

Put out of Europe by the 4th best team in Luxembourg who had 7 new signings.
Home defeat to Hibs.
Couldn't beat Hearts at home the following week.
Out of Europe and 5-points behind the fenians 3-games into the season.

All in a 6-month tenure. What can he do to sink us in a full 3-year contract term?

There's no excusing this. Please don't anyone try. You's all said we needed maximum points from our first 4 games and after last week it's "see how we do against Celtic" and "Xmas time" ... how about no? just see it for what it actually is. Forget this he needs time and our backing (said with an undertone that implies anyone wanting him gone isn't a true supporter or something) a true supporter only cares about one thing and that's winning - not making excuses for third-rate crap that shouldn't be at the club.

I hear people say we can't keep changing managers every 6-months. I agree that's regretable. I used to take enormous pride in only having something like 13 full-time managers in our clubs history only a few years ago but now winning is a lot more important. We can't have the alternative which is just keeping shite managers in a job instead. 

We have even appointed a director of football for reasons unknown to me - well that's a lie - the reasons are clear, it's to put a nice buffer between the manager (the fact he was appointed) and the scummy bastards in our boardroom to try and take the heat off and protect them. 

Find a couple of million King you prick (this is your mess) and pay Pedro off and get McInnes in. Fix it now.

Good post apart from McInnes.

Archived