The Pedro Caixinha Thread

.Williamson.

2 hours ago, gogzy said:

I think I am going to bring back the "no personal abuse towards players and staff" rule pretty soon.

3-2 defeat to a high flying, on form hibs, while we only had 10 men for 2/3rds of the match and we are calling the manager a cunt, it's pathetic taig like behaviour.

I'm beginning to think 95% of the folk on here missed the sending off the way they're carrying on.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Utterly dismayed at some the nonsense spouted on the first page, yes bad results against Celtic x2, Aberdeen, Hearts etc from last year with a squad of players who in essence had continually let us down long before Pedro arrives. We finish 3rd in a one horse race once again the horse had bolted long before Pedro arrived. We spend all summer changing the squad (thankfully) have another disaster against Progres but slowly things improve after a shuffling in formatting and a month to gel. 

Yes today day is a setback but surely we have seen enough in the last few games to atleast allow Pedro a decent chance to push Celtic. His signings are a massive step up from Warburton and it's still a work in progress but we as a support can't swing from extreme to extreme dependent on result. I wasnt at the game today but it appears we have gone from dominating, to a man down then a goal down. Pedro tries to shuffle things by throwing on attacking players, goes 3 at the back to push up the park and salvage something.

Midweek (I know it was only Dunfermline) was the first time in years that we had really pummelled a team, we were riding a crest of a wave Thursday to 3pm today, we dust ourselves down and stand together as we have done for the last 6years and we trust in Pedro and the team. We r 2 games in its a marathon not a sprint, lets not give up just yet fellow bears

Just now, He's blue he's white said:

Bullshit, apart from Pena who hasn't been ready?

He has addressed the spine of the team, ☆alves and cardoso - three days everyone was creaming themselves about them individually and as a partnership.  Really can't think of two centre backs that woukdve been better within our budget.

☆Jack and Dorrans, again everyone can see the quality and much needed dig we have been missing fir at least 4 seasons.  Many picked Jack as their potential player if the up and coming season.  Dorrans is the best midfielder we have had in at least 5 seasons maybe 6.

☆Herrera and Morelos, a certain upgrade on Garner and Waghorn.  Jury still out on this area if I'm being 100% honest.

His preperation?? What would you have done differently? Apart from assuming he would progress in Europe?  

Only mistake Pedro can be blamed for was not putting Rossiter on the field at half time, and again that decision is only based on opinion.

Wes.

Cardoso. Alves. Wilson. 

Tav. Dorrans. Rossiter. Windass.

Morelos. Miller. 

Second game in and Alves/Cardoso were as bad Kiernan /Wilson. Jack and Dorrans are his best signings . His tactical knowhow will see him gone before the turn of the year hopefully , because this is going to go on till he's gone.

1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

McIness wouldn't necessarily do much better. We need to have a higher level of finance than spend at the moment to make any meaningful impact of the level the fans of this club expect. In that respect the issues surrounding the manager either being good enough or not are slightly irrelevant. We still have players in our squad who are clearly not good enough, we have some who have the potential to be better. That is not the type of squad to win the league. We need more players of our best quality, in depth, and we need to move those on who are still not good enough. Until we have a budget to give this club the best players in the league, we will be chasing our tails on this for seasons to come.

how much money have we spent this year against teams like hibs and aberdeen  even celtic have not spent as much as us we can buy the best players in the league as you suggest but we need someone decent to coach tham  i hate to say it but look how much more rogers has got out of the celtic players who were duds under delia

50 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Pedro got it wrong. We were very lucky last week against Motherwell, nothing was learned. He's made a very poor start to the season with no signs of improving. His preparation for the season has been appalling. Poor recruitment overall, not enough key positions filled, players signed who are not ready.....it's just been shite. A mediocre continuation of last season dross under him. The guy is a dud, plain and simple. 

We've replaced 2 centre halves and 2 centre mids  with quality is that not a key positions ?

3 minutes ago, billscott said:

how much money have we spent this year against teams like hibs and aberdeen  even celtic have not spent as much as us we can buy the best players in the league as you suggest but we need someone decent to coach tham  i hate to say it but look how much more rogers has got out of the celtic players who were duds under delia

I don't agree that because we have spent more money than those teams it means we will be better than  them, because we have to look at ourselves- playing for Rangers is something different to any other team; and just because they cost more doesn't mean they are good enough for this club. Waghorn scored today, Garner has been scoring previously, but were they good enough for Rangers? Until our standards are that we will go after the best in this division then the players we do sign will mostly not be good enough to play for us.

3 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

I don't agree that because we have spent more money than those teams it means we will be better than  them, because we have to look at ourselves- playing for Rangers is something different to any other team; and just because they cost more doesn't mean they are good enough for this club. Waghorn scored today, Garner has been scoring previously, but were they good enough for Rangers? Until our standards are that we will go after the best in this division then the players we do sign will mostly not be good enough to play for us.

It doesn't help that our last three managers wouldn't know what a good player looks like...........

4 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

tell me who are the best in this division  and how we get them from these clubs you cannot get quality players from england to come here  for a start they pay a lot more money

Unless we spend big, especially on a forward, then the margin for error will become greater. 

i agree but it is easy to say that  name some names where we could get a big named forward to come to us

4 minutes ago, He's blue he's white said:

Bullshit, apart from Pena who hasn't been ready?

He has addressed the spine of the team, ☆alves and cardoso - three days everyone was creaming themselves about them individually and as a partnership.  Really can't think of two centre backs that woukdve been better within our budget.

☆Jack and Dorrans, again everyone can see the quality and much needed dig we have been missing fir at least 4 seasons.  Many picked Jack as their potential player if the up and coming season.  Dorrans is the best midfielder we have had in at least 5 seasons maybe 6.

☆Herrera and Morelos, a certain upgrade on Garner and Waghorn.  Jury still out on this area if I'm being 100% honest.

His preperation?? What would you have done differently? Apart from assuming he would progress in Europe?  

Only mistake Pedro can be blamed for was not putting Rossiter on the field at half time, and again that decision is only based on opinion.

Wes.

Cardoso. Alves. Wilson. 

Tav. Dorrans. Rossiter. Windass.

Morelos. Miller. 

Herrera clearly and he still looks way off the pace. Morelos wasn't deemed ready enough to start for us in Europe at Ibrox. Alves was given extended leave at the start of our season. Dalcio clearly wasn't readym he was so far out of his depth it was scary. In fact, only 4 of his signings were able to hit the ground running immediately. 

He's arguably addressed the spine with 2 centre backs and 2 centre midfielders but the keeper is still suspect and the attacking options are pathetic. 

What i would have done differently? Made sure Dorrans was in for the European games. We were always going to sign him yet fannied around for too long. I wouldn't have wasted best part of £5m on the 2 Mexicans. That looks a monumental waste of valuable resources. I would have done all we can to get Naismith in for the European games too. Walker if we also wanted him, for Europe instead of making bids we know Hearts will reject and dragging that out too. Pay them what will get the deal done or walk away and get another target. Our full backs were a liability last season, both needed replaced, Pedro has failed to do that. Leadership, our club needed a new captain appointed, he hasn't had the balls to replace the mediocre Wallace. This shite about 5 captains is bullshit propaganda so he doesn't have to replace Waldo. We have been crying out for a couple of goalscoring strikers, he has failed to address that problem as well. Morelos is a kid, no pressure should be put on him to deliver anything. Pedro has now put immense pressure on the kid because he has failed to recruit properly. We needed calibre. Proven quality. Strikers to show Scottish football we are back and won't be fucking about. 

Rossiter should have been on right away. Not at half time. Good managers think on their feet and make decisions which define their careers and reputations. Pedro kept Miller in CM, that sums him up for me. Clueless. 

They all still fancy their chances against us. We are still a laughing stock. Nothing has changed. 

Just now, billscott said:

tell me who are the best in this division  and how we get them from these clubs you cannot get quality players from england to come here  for a start they pay a lot more money

The best players for us in this division may not play here, but they need to be better than any team we play. You can't just say that Rangers teams in the past played with inferior players in the past and won things. My argument is that talk about managers and so on are meaningless without us having the best players.

Just now, sassaaaa said:

You don't always need to spend big , as many other managers have proved in the past time after time.

Griffiths cost the mob £1m, is probably the best striker in the country and he has banged in so many goals for them, in fact, his goals won them the title under Deila. Value is out there if you have the right people to find it. 

19 minutes ago, Super Ally Scores Again! said:

Utterly dismayed at some the nonsense spouted on the first page, yes bad results against Celtic x2, Aberdeen, Hearts etc from last year with a squad of players who in essence had continually let us down long before Pedro arrives. We finish 3rd in a one horse race once again the horse had bolted long before Pedro arrived. We spend all summer changing the squad (thankfully) have another disaster against Progres but slowly things improve after a shuffling in formatting and a month to gel. 

Yes today day is a setback but surely we have seen enough in the last few games to atleast allow Pedro a decent chance to push Celtic. His signings are a massive step up from Warburton and it's still a work in progress but we as a support can't swing from extreme to extreme dependent on result. I wasnt at the game today but it appears we have gone from dominating, to a man down then a goal down. Pedro tries to shuffle things by throwing on attacking players, goes 3 at the back to push up the park and salvage something.

Midweek (I know it was only Dunfermline) was the first time in years that we had really pummelled a team, we were riding a crest of a wave Thursday to 3pm today, we dust ourselves down and stand together as we have done for the last 6years and we trust in Pedro and the team. We r 2 games in its a marathon not a sprint, lets not give up just yet fellow bears

Erm we pumped a good few teams in the same cup under Warburton....

Those games don't tell you what your squad is made of or themanager....its games like Europe...the taigs...the sheep...you know the games Pedro has continually failed us in.

2 minutes ago, billscott said:

i agree but it is easy to say that  name some names where we could get a big named forward to come to us

Off the top of my head, I don't know. But is there any possibility that there are strikers out there who make cost about between 3 and 4 million, who have real ability, and the potential to get better? It isn't easy, but again, until we have players that are clearly the best we can talk all day about managers. We have better players than last season, sadly it's not in every area. If the board say that we should be patient, then I am willing to be patient, and give Caixinha the same time I was willing to give Warburton; but if fans demand instant success, and if the board demand that same success, then it will take money; or else the talk about the manager will be repeated time and again.

The best players for us in this division may not play here, but they need to be better than any team we play. You can't just say that Rangers teams in the past played with inferior players in the past and won things. My argument is that talk about managers and so on are meaningless without us having the best players.

what a stupid statement the best players in the division may not play here  but they need to be better than any team we play the past has nothing to do with it  live in the real world  your arguement  means that if we have the best players then i could manage them  get real  the major part of a managers job is to make the players at his disposal better  as a previous poster said we have fucked up the last 3 appointments get a decent manager who can make players better and set them up better

Just now, sassaaaa said:

At every club , we have just had three managers on the bounce who are absolutely clueless when it comes to signings talent. And it doesn't matter how much cash you give them.

When has a successful Rangers team ever been where it was built with such an inferior budget to our nearest rivals?

Just now, billscott said:

what a stupid statement the best players in the division may not play here  but they need to be better than any team we play the past has nothing to do with it  live in the real world  your arguement  means that if we have the best players then i could manage them  get real  the major part of a managers job is to make the players at his disposal better  as a previous poster said we have fucked up the last 3 appointments get a decent manager who can make players better and set them up better

It doesn't mean that at all. 

15 minutes ago, soulboy said:

We've replaced 2 centre halves and 2 centre mids  with quality is that not a key positions ?

Yes. Our team needed completely replaced though. 4 positions from 11 wasn't enough. We're still at least 4 or 5 short of being even just a decent team. That is frightening after the money spent and player turnaround. 

Just now, Turnberry18 said:

When has a successful Rangers team ever been where it was built with such an inferior budget to our nearest rivals?

Are you saying we have never had a bargain signing that went on to be a great signing ? 

2 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Erm we pumped a good few teams in the same cup under Warburton....

Those games don't tell you what your squad is made of or themanager....its games like Europe...the taigs...the sheep...you know the games Pedro has continually failed us in.

I'm not saying we haven't had some howling results but last year was almost a write off from the first game drawing against Hamilton, I don't know if this year will be any different but I like Pedros approach.

He pushed on to win the game today and things would have been different if we had kept 11 on the pitch, I'm not giving up just yet. The majority of players look as though they have something to offer, couldn't say that about Warburton team. Possibly another couple of players needed before the window closes, if things come good I'll atleast be able to say i believed can u???? 

3 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Are you saying we have never had a bargain signing that went on to be a great signing ? 

Of course not; but what about the overall budget? The whole team was what I referred to. For the record, I'm not suggesting we necessarily should spend big, though I would like to see it, I'm saying that too much emphasis is put on the manager alone at times like this. Maybe we have to be more patient if that's what it takes.

Archived