The Pedro Caixinha Thread

.Williamson.

3 minutes ago, ZZed said:

The hate for Pedro is strong on here. Let's get rid and pay lots of money paying him off and getting someone else in that will want to get his own people in cause we are made of money.

I'll never understand these types of posts 

don't criticise or want a better manager in because you think it might cost us money and there's no guarantee the next guy will do better?

thats me convinced, just keep a train wreck going then 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

With the same budget?

How do you know though? It's sheer guesswork to say no manager could win us the league with this squad.

History tells us the opposite though, Leicester won the league on a fraction of the budget of other sides. The tims won the league on a shoe string when we had the likes of the 9 in a row team.

It can clearly be done because we have a squad of players who are better than all but one side...its hardly a miracle to win a title in what should be a 2 horse league.....

2 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

How do you know though? It's sheer guesswork to say no manager could win us the league with this squad.

History tells us the opposite though, Leicester won the league on a fraction of the budget of other sides. The tims won the league on a shoe string when we had the likes of the 9 in a row team.

It can clearly be done because we have a squad of players who are better than all but one side...its hardly a miracle to win a title in what should be a 2 horse league.....

I would look for more than a chance win; that title  win of theirs  we more or less handed it over; and we can never be related to a situation such as Leicester. I would look for the strongest squad for Rangers; teams up their game against us., and it takes a special type player to thrive on that. We play 38 cup finals a season; not every player can cope with that.

1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

I won't as that, but I still think we would need a much bigger depth to our squad, in terms of quality, to win this; for any manager.

I believe the squad is better than last year on the whole, but statements like the one I was quoting it just sound like easy generic excuse making I think

With a pretty kind set of fixtures to start the season (Hivs and Hearts both at home and easier away games) with I was hoping that we could go into the tarrier September game in a decent position and see what happened there, now we're already playing catch up three points behind after two games

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I'll never understand these types of posts 

don't criticise or want a better manager in because you think it might cost us money and there's no guarantee the next guy will do better?

thats me convinced, just keep a train wreck going then 

What I am saying is that people can hate as much as they want but it will cost a lot to change and the board will not do that.

1 minute ago, orangecountry said:

Forgot to even mention the ref performance in my post which also had a MASSIVE affect. 

I agree, it's the managers job to overcome adverses in the game as it pans out however when is a task to big to ask?

tough game with a poor ref has a massive affect on team performance and moral. plus one of the refs fuck ups was a sending off. Tough game + poor ref + 10 men is maybe too big a mountain to over come this early in the season for any manager, of any team 

Watch enough football and you'll see plenty of teams put up a good fight after losing a man and having the decisions against them, sometimes it actually makes a team play better because they're having to fight harder

Let's be clear also that we have spent a fair wedge this summer too so the budget excuse needs to be put to bed.

We spent a couple million on a guy we have hardly seen as he's about as match fit as Ricky Hatton. Spent a million on Morelos plus the same amount on Dorrans. Then you have the fees paid for Herrera, over a million on Cardoso. We have spent more than anyone else so far this season 

Just now, ZZed said:

What I am saying is that people can hate as much as they want but it will cost a lot to change and the board will not do that.

Ok that makes more sense and yes I agree that the board don't have the balls to act 

Just now, simplythebest said:

I believe the squad is better than last year on the whole, but statements like the one I was quoting it just sound like easy generic excuse making I think

With a pretty kind set of fixtures to start the season (Hivs and Hearts both at home and easier away games) with I was hoping that we could go into the tarrier September game in a decent position and see what happened there, now we're already playing catch up three points behind after two games

Yeah, we are playing catch up,  but that it's after only the second game kind of explains my point. Our players are under intense pressure, and not every one of them in that squad can cope with that. 

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

Let's be clear also that we have spent a fair wedge this summer too so the budget excuse needs to be put to bed.

We spent a couple million on a guy we have hardly seen as he's about as match fit as Ricky Hatton. Spent a million on Morelos plus the same amount on Dorrans. Then you have the fees paid for Herrera, over a million on Cardoso. We have spent more than anyone else so far this season 

I agree, but then again, there are still players there, not just the odd one either, who are still not good enough.

3 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

I would look for more than a chance win; that title  win of theirs  we more or less handed it over; and we can never be related to a situation such as Leicester. I would look for the strongest squad for Rangers; teams up their game against us., and it takes a special type player to thrive on that. We play 38 cup finals a season; not every player can cope with that.

I just don't agree that the title can't be won. The tims are not that great and with a decent manager we could push them all the way. We won't though because we have a guy in charge who is tactically naive. 

3 minutes ago, ZZed said:

The fans will decide if Pedro goes, not the board.

If we drop points on Saturday against hearts then lets be honest, he should be hunted.

Yeah, we are playing catch up,  but that it's after only the second game kind of explains my point. Our players are under intense pressure, and not every one of them in that squad can cope with that. 

A decent start is all important though, we saw what happened last year and even in past seasons with far more expensive squads a lot of dropped points early on sometimes meant we never recovered. And as I said I think the fixture list for the first six games was pretty kind for us and an opportunity to put a bit of early pressure on at least

Just now, The Godfather said:

I just don't agree that the title can't be won. The tims are not that great and with a decent manager we could push them all the way. We won't though because we have a guy in charge who is tactically naive. 

A couple of weeks ago I thought we would win the league, but for some reason when I saw the team sheet today I didn't think we were that good. We need two strikers, and two more midfielders; I would replace Kranjcar and Holt, and bring in McLean and AN other. We need to move Miller on, and we need to either sign very good striker and bring on Hardie into the squad, or we need to sign two more of similar quality. We are short in terms of quality, wen it comes to depth.

1 minute ago, simplythebest said:

A decent start is all important though, we saw what happened last year and even in past seasons with far more expensive squads a lot of dropped points early on sometimes meant we never recovered. And as I said I think the fixture list for the first six games was pretty kind for us and an opportunity to put a bit of early pressure on at least

I'm now on a bigger downer, because you just reminded me of that. Yeah, you make good points, and I agree with it all.

8 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

I see what your saying about Leicester, but the year they won the league, nobody seen them as a team who would challenge (probably be relegation candidates), so the motivation to beat them wasn't the same as if it were a top 6 club, but every team who plays us, plays it like a cup final.

3 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Rangers beat today quick lets get on RM and kick the manager players and every other cunt connected with the club.

Ref cost us a point today shocking decision

Your last line says it all - ref cost us a point 

since when was the point today good enough? 

Joke manager and joke excuses 

I'm now on a bigger downer, because you just reminded me of that. Yeah, you make good points, and I agree with it all.

Yeah that's largely why I'm feeling pretty gutted myself, I thought there was a real chance there to build some kind of momentum and pressure even if it still wouldn't result in a title win by the end

Based on today it feels like we'll be in a scrape for 2nd before halloween again

3 minutes ago, orange&blue92 said:

I see what your saying about Leicester, but the year they won the league, nobody seen them as a team who would challenge (probably be relegation candidates), so the motivation to beat them wasn't the same as if it were a top 6 club, but every team who plays us, plays it like a cup final.

It's not just that though. We are in a league where it should be a 2 horse race. It's not England where 5 or 6 can win it.

It's ridiculous to say no manager could win us the league with our squad. 

Archived