Kranjcar.

5 minutes ago, theclothmonster said:

Rangers Kevin Thomson, Man Utd Roy Keane, Chelsea Essien and Leicester Kante off the top of my head.

Edit meant Essien

Every one mentioned went forward drove there team on and created 

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

Kevin Thomson

What about Busquets, Carrick, Makelele etc. in title winning teams at the top level and none of them contribute goals.

Every single one of them went forward drove the team on and created , carrick world class baller 

3 minutes ago, theclothmonster said:

Every single one of those players their primary job was to win the ball and move it on to the more creative players.

Never seen this role before in a gers spl winning team , not one of us had heard or can remember him against us , wonder why eh ??

1 minute ago, Frank Harrison said:

Love Carrick as a player, Jack is exactly that kind of player...

No chance mate , need to beg to differ here I want my rangers midfielder to be doing more then passing it 5 yards to the full backs all game , wee never noticed him when he played with the sheep and in my humble opinion he's not good enough 

Just now, Cedrick said:

No chance mate , need to beg to differ here I want my rangers midfielder to be doing more then passing it 5 yards to the full backs all game , wee never noticed him when he played with the sheep and in my humble opinion he's not good enough 

I noticed him. Thought "oh Aye, their captain's a good player. Exactly the type we need" ?

Just now, Cedrick said:

He makes himself available every single time one of the center back's had the ball, he very rarely misplaces a pass, he's very good at breaking up the opponents play and he will get stuck in.

Will be our next captain.

4 minutes ago, theclothmonster said:

Stuart McCall scored 14 times in 194 games less than 1 in ten. Ian Ferguson had 24 in 236 games for us 1 in ten. Kevin Thomson scored 2 goals in 71 appearances. 

Jack won't score any this season and create 3 or under , listen mate no one wants us to be good more than me but Rysn Jack isn't good enough 

3 hours ago, K.A.I said:

He probably is done now tbh.

In pre-season I was saying things like he could still be of use to us when used right but today was prime example of using him right - for all I can't stand Pedro the manager, it was the correct decision to bring him on to try to use his skill and old head to unlock Hearts but if he wasn't playing high balls he was taking too long on the ball and not for the first time recently, either.

However I've got to make the point too that even a past it Nico is still the very least of our worries and not fair to scapegoat him/or lay all the blame at his door. Not saying the OP has done that, it's just a general point. 

A very sensible post on night where frustrations are boiling over...my take on krancjar is simple....he is by far the most talented player at the club...first touch and ability to play a defence splitting pass is all there.....unfortunatley that is as good as it gets as he believes he still has the ability to hold the ball up and skin players.....nae gid for us as he constantly gets caught in possession 

7 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

He makes himself available every single time one of the center back's had the ball, he very rarely misplaces a pass, he's very good at breaking up the opponents play and he will get stuck in.

Will be our next captain.

How many goals did that get us today ? 

6 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Those are the types of players that a good team needs. Neat,tidy, closes players down and gets on with the job without a fuss. This won't be popular, but i have always thought Lambert was the type of player who was really under rated. Always broke up play,played the simple pass and worked away quietly. They were always a poorer team without them and I think we would be the same without Jack. Very good player

1 minute ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Those are the types of players that a good team needs. Neat,tidy, closes players down and gets on with the job without a fuss. This won't be popular, but i have always thought Lambert was the type of player who was really under rated. Always broke up play,played the simple pass and worked away quietly. They were always a poorer team without them and I think we would be the same without Jack. Very good player

How many chances has neat and tidy created when did any of our spl winning teams have a neat and tidy centre mid ???

1 minute ago, Cedrick said:

How many chances has neat and tidy created when did any of our spl winning teams have a neat and tidy centre mid ???

That's not his role in the team. Its up to others to be creative. We have always had ball winning midfielder,who didn't do the pretty parts of the game. McCall and Ian Ferguson come to mind

1 minute ago, Negri's lovechild said:

That's not his role in the team. Its up to others to be creative. We have always had ball winning midfielder,who didn't do the pretty parts of the game. McCall and Ian Ferguson come to mind

Both went forward created and got goals 

Just now, Cedrick said:

How so ? Bearing in mind hearts never left their own 18 yard box so what play was to broken up ? 

You're clueless because you are complaining that a holding midfielder doesn't score enough.

He doesn't ust break up play, he gets on the ball and moves us forward, not every ball has to be defence splitting.