lewisrfc93

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

We pummelled them. They sat 11 men behind the ball and we couldn't break them down. It's hardly like they were all over us. 

What does that matter? the excuse last week was the ref, this week we couldn't break them down ... Progres was still gelling ... what's the common denominator? it's easy to take each game in isolation and point to one reason you think we didn't get the result we wanted, but when the pattern is right in front of your face and it's the same failures most weeks you need to just start be honest with yourself. 

15 hours ago, Super Ally Scores Again! said:

I'm with u, there's a difference between Warburton and Caixinha. I feel as though we are actually going somewhere with Pedro, it was always going to take time after the mess the previous managers had left. We are relatively solid at the back, the midfield is better and Morelos has loads to offer. We dominated Hearts and barring some decent saves/poor shooting we should have won, Hopefully a striker before the window and we won't be that far away, Theres along way to go and I feel the directors won't make any knee jerk reactions anytime soon so we are all in this together

WATP

Talking shite and concluding said shite with "WATP".

Is that you Pedro?

14 hours ago, With Heart and Hand said:

We have the same pish with every shite manager, folk pulling the wool over their own eyes not admitting the manager is pish till it's too late 

I was guilty of that with Warburton, not making the same mistake here. It's called learning from your mistakes, something our last 2 managers were/are incapable of doing. If things are working then don't change it. If things aren't working then don't change it. That seems to be his mantra and just like Warburton it will be his downfall.

Miller needs dropped or told to stay up top and partner the other striker. Windass while improved is not good enough and Dalcio was a mistake (luckily only a loan) so get a proper left winger and forget about Walker as he was non existent yesterday.

Wallace needs to go, or at the very least we sign competition, lost track of the number of times he lost the ball and was out of position .

Only positives for me is we look more solid through the middle but we still seem toothless in attack. Bizarre subs and a reluctance to take shots from outside the box to draw out defenders.

I defended the manager after the hibs game saying the ref was to blame but there aren't any excuses for yesterday. The players have now had long enough to gel, you can see with Tav and Candeias have an understanding, so do jack and Dorrans but there's nothing up top because Miller never stays alongside the other forward. If the manager is telling Miller to drift and drop deep then he needs to realise it's not working. If Miller is doing it himself then he needs to be told not to or drop him.

The season needn't be a disaster but it well be if the manager doesn't wise up soon. Either way I can see him gone before the season end unless there is a dramatic turnaround but I'm no longer expecting it.

17 hours ago, BertContraband said:

We're worse than a year ago. Rodgers too delilas team and got them playing. We've had an overseas recruitment drive. Projects and out of shape players who know nothing about the league.

Why do they need to know something about the league? 

Moronic comment that makes no sense. If they can play, they can play. Do you think it's some sort of special, mystical football here? 

Do all the teams in Europe who beat Scottish teams in European preliminary rounds "know something about the league"?

3 hours ago, theiconicman said:

We pummelled them. They sat 11 men behind the ball and we couldn't break them down. It's hardly like they were all over us. 

We didn't pummel them, nowhere near it. We had all of the ball but never did anything with it.

Passing the ball side to side 30/40 yards from their goal isn't pummelling them.

2 hours ago, gsa said:

Why do they need to know something about the league? 

Moronic comment that makes no sense. If they can play, they can play. Do you think it's some sort of special, mystical football here? 

Do all the teams in Europe who beat Scottish teams in European preliminary rounds "know something about the league"?

Helps if you know how the game is played in that country. Each league has their own style. 

Comparing it to a European clash is moronic. 

That's why there are phrases like "needs time to get settled" and "get used to the tempo here" 

It means that Herrera, Pena and co have to discover the demands of the league then a just to them. This could a while and delay any progress. 

The manager certainly never understood the club let alone the league as he willingly sacrificed an old firm at ibrox, our record vs the sheep to feel out the squad. 

If you don't understand that players moving across the world to play in am unfamiliar league is a risk then I don't know what else to say. Our biggest budget in years has gone on several players who need to learn how domestic football in Scotland is played then adjust to the demands. Not all imports do. 

2 hours ago, MrMckee said:

People saying warburton is better.. maybe my memory is a bit Hazy but did we not get absolutely tanked by hearts last season? 

We beat them 2-0 and 2-1 at Ibrox last season.

December Warburton in charge and in May when Pedro was in charge.

18 hours ago, Smile said:

One Point out of Six at Home, what is there to believe in. ?

This is the reality.. no believing in hyped up statements of intent.

for me Pedro micro manages that squad in about 4 different situations. A good manager will see things on a pitch and exploit it or shore it up.  Just look at Rodgers. In the games I saw v us he would tell a substitute to stick in the spaces we never pushed into  and he makes it so easy for his quite average squad to play their own game and look like world beaters. There's no over complicating things and going over moments in games. 

Pedro just pick your strongest fucking team and line up hard to beat and just let your players do the rest.   I've fucking had it with all this recycle the ball or pitch geography shite from warburton and now talking about moments and transitions in games from Pedro. 

None of that shite rambling matters. Get the right results or leave

2 hours ago, MrMckee said:

People saying warburton is better.. maybe my memory is a bit Hazy but did we not get absolutely tanked by hearts last season? 

They beat us at their midden 4-1 Cathro was first in charge against Warburton. 

7 hours ago, The Hammer127 said:

Pity we hadn't gone for Stevie May - think he could have had a great partnership with Morelos. We definitely have much better players than last season. I suppose hope makes you think that they'll gel right away but we've basically got a complete new team. Sadly we're not going to win the title this season but we'll get better and better and much stronger by the end of the season.

Exactly mate. You cant expect a team with as many changes as we've made just to click right away. I know thats whats expected at glasgow rangers but it doesnt work like that. Give pedro time to get it right. We were never going to win the league this year unfortunately celtic are miles ahead of us at the moment. For me its about closing the gap over time. You cant expect us to be at their level after what we've come through.

Just now, lewisrfc93 said:

Exactly mate. You cant expect a team with as many changes as we've made just to click right away. I know thats whats expected at glasgow rangers but it doesnt work like that. Give pedro time to get it right. We were never going to win the league this year unfortunately celtic are miles ahead of us at the moment. For me its about closing the gap over time. You cant expect us to be at their level after what we've come through.

Nobody expects us to be at their level, stop making things up to suit your agenda.

1 minute ago, lewisrfc93 said:

The way people are going on after 3 games on here is ridiculous. Wake up.

Again you're making things up, it's not 3 games.

Rolled over in the semi final

5-1 at home to the scum

Near 30 year record against the sheep gone

Beat by the 4th best team in Luxembourg over 2 games

Beat by newly promoted Hibs

Unable to beat a Hearts team without a manager

He hasn't a clue and has showed nothing to suggest he knows what he's doing, either at us or any of his previous clubs.

1 minute ago, Frank Harrison said:

Again you're making things up, it's not 3 games.

Rolled over in the semi final

5-1 at home to the scum

Near 30 year record against the sheep gone

Beat by the 4th best team in Luxembourg over 2 games

Beat by newly promoted Hibs

Unable to beat a Hearts team without a manager

He hasn't a clue and has showed nothing to suggest he knows what he's doing, either at us or any of his previous clubs.

Im no interested in last season. Its done, we move on. Obviously its no been a great start this season but hes made a lot of changes and need time now to prove hes taking us in the right direction.

Just now, lewisrfc93 said:

Im no interested in last season. Its done, we move on. Obviously its no been a great start this season but hes made a lot of changes and need time now to prove hes taking us in the right direction.

But there is absolutely nothing to suggest he's taking us in the right direction?

Again you're trying to make things suit your agenda, you can't just pretend last season didn't happen :lol::lol::lol: 

9 minutes ago, lewisrfc93 said:

The way people are going on after 3 games on here is ridiculous. Wake up.

If you think these comments are after only 3-games you don't just need to wake up you need to sober up and dry out. 

Blinded by hope and faith, I'm not gonna slag you for that, it's the reason we keep going but I just cant see it, we can make excuses all day about why we didn't win last week or this week but if we're being honest with ourselves and each other it all comes back to the fact Pedro couldn't work out how to beat Hibs or Hearts when things weren't going to plan.

We folded last week after Jack's sending off, that's down to the manager, he wanted to hang fire until half time but we lost the 2nd goal right away and he throws on a striker at half time and completely loses us any hope of getting the game back, we lost all territory, if Hibs were as good as we made them look we could've be on the end of another 5-1 shot

Yesterday Hearts game plan was clear, they were here to defend and we couldn't find a way through them, we kept trying to do the same thing but they stifled the middle of the park so much, you have to use the wings, pull the opposition about, I've no spent a grand on a UEFA B licence but even I understand this but Pedro when faced with adversity doesn't seem capable of coming up with the answers, the most frustrating thing for me is if I'm right, and I'll be absolutely delighted to be wrong but if I'm right then I genuinely don't see anything being done until next Summer which means we could.be heading into another new season starting all over again; new manager, new players etc... its a grim thought.