Time to gel

14 hours ago, ben51 said:

You

This is just another way we paper over the cracks. 

Going back to last Season you could never see a real game plan under Pedro. We had 11 players on the pitch but there was no understanding or philosophy. 

We aren't a counter attacking team, we don't have a strong press, we may be a possession based side but only in harmless areas of the pitch...

The guy has spent a lot of money, not in the context of football, but for us in our current state. 

And we're still in the same position...We play 4-3-3 and we pass the ball side to side and struggle to create or score. We play 4-4-2 and we pass the ball side to side and struggle to create or score.

It just isn't good enough. 5 points behind the tims and being knocked out of Europe by the 4th best side in Luxembourg isn't because we're struggling to 'gel'...

It's because our Manager isn't good enough.

You have hit the nail on the head.

14 hours ago, orangecountry said:

Look across the city. 2/3 signings and the team is playing much better football. All players. Even the dross.  

The problem is that they were in a position where they didn't need significant changes and could focus on a few positions. It makes me sick saying it, but they were so far ahead of us last season in almost every position and depth. 

It was always going to be hard for us the first few seasons back in the SPL. We're a big club that expects success. While I fully believe we are stronger than we were last term, it wouldn't surprise me if it took us a few transfer windows to get back to where we belong.  

3 minutes ago, BF1 said:

The problem is that they were in a position where they didn't need significant changes and could focus on a few positions. It makes me sick saying it, but they were so far ahead of us last season in almost every position and depth. 

It was always going to be hard for us the first few seasons back in the SPL. We're a big club that expects success. While I fully believe we are stronger than we were last term, it wouldn't surprise me if it took us a few transfer windows to get back to where we belong.  

We simply don't have that luxury by that time its another 1 or 2 league's in the bag for them and no doubt the best part of 60 odd million if they get the CL again. 

Matters not a fuck what we do because that's simply not achievable to challenge a team with resources like that. We need to topple them ASAP or in this current climate of football which money is king...we are fucked 

To address the OP; I am looking for increasing improvement with each game now. They are full time football players and should now have some kind of understanding. They should have gelled by now and we should be seeing improvement in the partnerships on the park. Pedro needs to put KM on the bench as he is disruptive to our play and he should tell our DoF to go out and get a free scoring CForward from somewhere(as that is the DoF job).

3 hours ago, Virtuoso said:

Aberdeen lost their captain and two best players. They are currently on maximum points having played 2 home and 1 away (away at a place we could not buy a win at) and managed to navigate a round in Europe before being knocked out. Seven of yesterday's team were at the club before Pedro.

He's both inept and incompetent. Utterly fucking clueless.

That's not true mate, we started with 6 new outfield players. Your reference to Aberdeen doesn't really fit, they were a better team than us last year so ofcourse they're going to have more of a chance to do well in those European ties. They haven't made wholesale changes like us. 

19 hours ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Wait so you're telling me we should have kept the same pish we had last season. I don't know any Rangers fans who wouldn't have said we needed the amount of players we have brought in. They need more time IMO.

I'm saying there's a way to go about business. A good manager brings out the best of players. Wholesale changes are rarely, genuinely needed. Signing 8 players increases the odds of duds because the money is spred out thinner. and disrupts the squad that's already there. A new spine to our team, Dorrens, alves and morales would've been a good starting point. Imo. 

3 hours ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

That's not true mate, we started with 6 new outfield players. Your reference to Aberdeen doesn't really fit, they were a better team than us last year so ofcourse they're going to have more of a chance to do well in those European ties. They haven't made wholesale changes like us. 

I wouldn't say it's incomparable as they did lose vital players. Captain and another 2 of their best. Not the same in numbers but hugely influential players for them.