Safe Standing Banner

Guest Lloyd72

9 minutes ago, OnwardsandUpwards said:

Just think if we have a much larger safe standing area then the atmosphere will improve.If everyone who wants to be housed there buys into the idea that it's  to improve the atmosphere then surely that's a step in the right direction?Only other way is to do fuck all and stay the way we are.Prefer the former of the two.

I'm all for improving the atmosphere but don't get how people can't sing the now coz there sitting but will sing if they stand , makes no sense to me ,every away ground we go to is seated and we sing the full 90 

1 minute ago, Cedrick said:

I'm all for improving the atmosphere but don't get how people can't sing the now coz there sitting but will sing if they stand , makes no sense to me ,every away ground we go to is seated and we sing the full 90 

We stand the full 90 at every away game

4 hours ago, Copland bear said:

Yes and the majority want a new manager and the team invested in first, the stadium cleaned up and male toilets sorted and new disabled facilities.  All this needs done before we can even discuss this. But nice to see they have got their priorities straight thou, who cares about 7 in a row going on 12 but as long as we get safe standing ??

Why does SS costs have to be met by the club? 

4 minutes ago, PRW. said:

We stand the full 90 at every away game

Can we not just stand at our seats in ibrox then ? , I've no problem with a standing area but no chance the atmosphere will be any better against hearts than it was yesterday 

That's why I think this section is so important.I honestly don't think people will not sing because they are seated it's more because the people around them don't sing so that's disheartening.It happens up in CD2 where we are.There are pockets that's will sign but generally it dies  a death due to no one else taking the songs up.Now if these fans can move to an area where they know everyone else is of a similar opinion and willing to create an atmosphere then this can only be a positive move.If the safe standing area is large enough and creates enough noise it may just encourage the rest of the stadium to become more involved.Thats what I am hoping for in the long run.

Can we not just stand at our seats in ibrox then ? , I've no problem with a standing area but no chance the atmosphere will be any better against hearts than it was yesterday 

Good luck trying to do that. 

If you can't see why having a large standing section where the only people in it are those who want to stand and sing for 90 minutes will improve the atmosphere then carry on mate.

4 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

We had a thread last week where folk got bears banned for standing so there ye go. Unless the whole stand agrees it won't happen, all you hear is folk shouting "sit down" already.

If they don't want a rail standing section then they should expand the already existing "standing section" into the rest of BF and let folk move there. But I don't know if that's even legal since technically the UBs and the rest of BF1 shouldn't really be standing anyway, it's a sort of unspoken agreement as far as know but I doubt they'd allow it in other areas

8 minutes ago, PRW. said:

Good luck trying to do that. 

If you can't see why having a large standing section where the only people in it are those who want to stand and sing for 90 minutes will improve the atmosphere then carry on mate.

Sorry I can't , Hamilton still be quiet taigs still be rocking 

I was raised going to Ibrox when it was mostly standing and it did not take much to get the singing going. People don't like singing when they are sitting down. Down stairs for standing and up stairs for sitting. I would give the front of the Sandy and the enclosure to standing.

21 minutes ago, OnwardsandUpwards said:

That's why I think this section is so important.I honestly don't think people will not sing because they are seated it's more because the people around them don't sing so that's disheartening.It happens up in CD2 where we are.There are pockets that's will sign but generally it dies  a death due to no one else taking the songs up.Now if these fans can move to an area where they know everyone else is of a similar opinion and willing to create an atmosphere then this can only be a positive move.If the safe standing area is large enough and creates enough noise it may just encourage the rest of the stadium to become more involved.Thats what I am hoping for in the long run.

Hopefully mate ????

40 minutes ago, onefootwillie said:

As one of the older supporters I can remember mainly standing and would be delighted to see safe standing being brought in . Would greatly improve the atmosphere , can't see any reason for it not to happen 

With you here mate.Also of the old school that grew up during the era where we all mostly stood at games.I would choose not to now but wouldn't want to deprive those who want to from doing so.Think the atmosphere will then begin to take care of itself ?

1 hour ago, thebooler said:

Why does SS costs have to be met by the club? 

Who else is gonna pay for it?  These things don't come for free, Safe standing is a very long way away,as,ifbthe club said okay we fans would like to know where the money is coming from when we need a right back,winger and a target man for starters. 

We simply can't afford it just now as the manager fucked up any European income which would have relived a bit of the pressure on us.