So you're Pedro's replacement, what do you do...

graeme_4

2 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Any recent examples of this because from what I've seen most clubs now think nothing of getting rid of a manager who isn't performing well enough. Leiciester won the Premier League and sacked Ranieri less than a year later so I don't think clubs show patience at all anymore.

Patience is all fine and well if you are seeing some sort of potential but sometimes it's just clear that somebody isn't up to it and with Caixinha it's been disaster after disaster since the day he came in the door.

Loads - and what leister did to ranerier was a disgrace and they went backwards - Leeds - Sheffield - Notts forest :pipe: all churning and reversing.

and these are teams with squads to build on - we haven't even got to that stage. 

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, HG5 said:

Look at that Chelsea lot - they're honking!

Hardly churning their managers tho' and building on a stable squad - with only a few squad changes per year - we need to allow a manager to get to a stable squad and 2-3 transfer windows to sort that out as coming here is not for every player but until they are here you don't know how they'll preform. 

Loyalty got us nowhere with McCoist, who we gave far too long to, and it will get us nowhere with Caixinha.

Caixinha is proving to be a mistake - I have no idea what our board was thinking when they took such a massive gamble in appointing him, and I have seen very little to suggest he will turn it around. Everything so far is pointing to his appointment being a massive, and costly, mistake. 

2 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Hardly churning their managers tho' and building on a stable squad - with only a few squad changes per year - we need to allow a manager to get to a stable squad and 2-3 transfer windows to sort that out as coming here is not for every player but until they are here you don't know how they'll preform. 

11 in 10 years (including caretakers) isn't churning?

I do agree that some things need to be given time, but those involved need to earn that time.

Coughing up several of the worst results in our recent & entire history isn't the way to earn it.

7 minutes ago, HG5 said:

11 in 10 years (including caretakers) isn't churning?

I do agree that some things need to be given time, but those involved need to earn that time.

Coughing up several of the worst results in our recent & entire history isn't the way to earn it.

Going back that far - and including holland and himdinck is kinda desperate is it not? 

How do you suggest we get to the stability we need to build ? 

8 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Going back that far - and including holland and himdinck is kinda desperate is it not? 

How do you suggest we get to the stability we need to build ? 

I'll give you Holland ?, but the numbers & consistency of approach suggest they don't rest on their laurels!

They may also be the exception that proves the rule!

Maybe the key to stability would be making the right appointments in the first place.

I do know that flogging a dead horse isn't the answer.

1 hour ago, HG5 said:

I'll give you Holland ?, but the numbers & consistency of approach suggest they don't rest on their laurels!

They may also be the exception that proves the rule!

Maybe the key to stability would be making the right appointments in the first place.

I do know that flogging a dead horse isn't the answer.

They were also building on pretty stable squads we are under going wholesale changes!

This squad might be a 'dead horse' but we are no where near knowing that yet. 

6 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Since we only have one winger I'd go 5-3-2.  Clint Hill is still without a club so I'd bring him back and put him next to Alves and Cardoso.  Use Wallace and Tavernier as wing backs and hope that they can provide the width going forward.  Jack and Dorrans in front of the the three CBs with with one CAM sitting in front of them.  We have Kranjcar, Pena, and Windass who could compete for that position.  If Rossiter could hold next to Jack maybe Dorrans could be given the CAM role.  I'd also sign Moult and put him next to Morelos.

:lol::lol::lol:

An absolute dick of a boy.

6 hours ago, He's blue he's white said:

Get Walker,  Naismith (or similar type) in.  Loan a LB and striker from EPL.

Wes.

Cardoso. Alves. Wilson/LB

Rossiter. Jack.

Tav/Candeis. Dorrans. Walker.

Naismith/ST

Morelos. 

Why would you want us to sign a left back but then go 3 at the back?

Fuck knows, honestly.

I feel like we're getting to the point where we're just hitting-and-hoping with managers in a desperate attempt to prevent ten-in-a-row.

I agree that it might be time for Wallace and Miller to go, but they're the two most influential in our squad; will that disrupt us to the extent that it's detrimental?

3 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Fuck knows, honestly.

I feel like we're getting to the point where we're just hitting-and-hoping with managers in a desperate attempt to prevent ten-in-a-row.

I agree that it might be time for Wallace and Miller to go, but they're the two most influential in our squad; will that disrupt us to the extent that it's detrimental?

Fuck up ya dick :lol:

Just now, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Are you still ragin'?  You'll be going on about Asbergers again in a minute :lol:

You've got that patter on repeat, but I don't blame you; its your condition.

Based on the block capitals of your username, I'm assuming you're also registered retarded.

Just now, WeirFleckNRothen said:

You've got that patter on repeat, but I don't blame you; its your condition.

Based on the block capitals of your username, I'm assuming you're also registered retarded.

Fuck up ya dick.  I think you've got Asbergers :lol:

Remember you thought Andy Halliday was a good player and when I said he was shite you said it was Aspbergers?  I still laugh at that :lol:

Why let the truth get in the way of a good story, eh? Or in your case, why let reality get in the way of your Aspergers?

Just now, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Why let the truth get in the way of a good story, eh? Or in your case, why let reality get in the way of your Aspergers?

You're the one that thinks Halliday is a good player.  Maybe you have the Asperbers :lol:

You're the one that thinks Halliday is a good player.  Maybe you have the Asperbers :lol:

I'm glad you find this funny, but I'm not the one who talks excessively about the same subject, over and over. In your case, Andy Halliday.

I'll bet you struggle with eye contact and loud noises.