The problem we have

Is that Ryan Jack gives a solid 7/10 performance 95% of the time, but we have no-one else who rates better than that either as a one off or on a consistent basis. 

Spending 7-8mill and relying on a youth product to come on and win us the game is a joke. 

We have good players, really good players for this level, the manager is failing to get the best out of them

Lots of problems.

With Pedro, his reliance and playing Miller and his bizarre substitutions are 2 key ones. He doesn't impact the game with subs threat he has to.

With the players, some serious under performing, Miller is past it and others need to do more. Wallace, Windass, Niko all spring to mind.

Fitness should not be an issue for any player at this stage, that's unacceptable 're Niko and Pena.

We have turned around 20ish players but are still short desperately up front and left, plus areas we'd benefit strentheing ie fullback and a creative mid. The board will be doing Pedro's legs if they don't back him as even if all his signings had hit the ground running we'd still be short here.

We need rules to be enforced properly by officials, and could do with a rub of the green.

Clearly the balance has tipped against Pedro. I still like what he's trying to bring us and am in the rarity of not wanting him gone yet. But in honesty if miller starts on Friday and we drop points due to us and not a refereeing fuck up then I'm likely out too. It'll show his reading of the problem in our play or stubbornness is too problematic.

He needs 3 points to buy him time to implement what I can see he's trying to do. He just needs 3 points, against a team we struggle against.  Big game, huge challenge.

TBH I think Jack and Dorrans might just be too similar to play beside each other. Both are neat and tidy but we don't have anyone to grab the game by the scruff of the neck in midfield and dominate.

Pena should have been the box to box midfielder we needed but he does not look near even starting a game never mind being that type of player.

Striker wise we are still going to the well with a soon to be 38 year old and while Morelos looks decent I'm not sure if he can get 15-20 league goals this season.

12 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Is that Ryan Jack gives a solid 7/10 performance 95% of the time, but we have no-one else who rates better than that either as a one off or on a consistent basis. 

Spending 7-8mill and relying on a youth product to come on and win us the game is a joke. 

We have good players, really good players for this level, the manager is failing to get the best out of them

From yesterday's game it's easy to see we miss mckay.

Windass is the poor mans version. Runs but shits himself in the final third.

We need another striker as well. Miller doesn't have the legs to play such a prominent role consistently.

We are a fullback, left winger and striker away from being a great side.

Although frustrating, we need to stick by pedro. He has had to undergo another full team rebuild. This is the club's 3rd in as many years we have had about 5 managers in 3 years. Getting another manager in with another potential rebuild just won't work.

I have faith he is making the tweaks through trial and error and will have the winning formula soon enough. 

If we finish second and win a cup this season will be a success. Pedro then has another 7-10 mill to bring in quality players to improve the squad. 

19 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Ryan jack being our best player is embarrassing. He shouldn't be needed every game, that type of midfielder for me could be sacrificed for a more attacking midfielder. Right now though I don't see better than him

And as for hardie, a young player that's been round the houses doing very little.

26 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

That is a good summation.

Ryan jack should be staying behind for a couple of hours each night a d just firing shots from the edge of the box.

He manages to create himself space and get to that area, but then doesn't seem to be good at shooting. We are playing against teams that pack 10 men in the box, and then we try and love it in for a header.

2 minutes ago, j1mgg said:

Ryan jack should be staying behind for a couple of hours each night a d just firing shots from the edge of the box.

He manages to create himself space and get to that area, but then doesn't seem to be good at shooting. We are playing against teams that pack 10 men in the box, and then we try and love it in for a header.

I really like him, he's a good player, a very good reader of the game and plays for the jersey. He did have about 4 opportunities to smash it from distance yesterday but chose to put it out wide so I agree

17 minutes ago, Bellshill_Bear said:

Although frustrating, we need to stick by pedro. He has had to undergo another full team rebuild. This is the club's 3rd in as many years we have had about 5 managers in 3 years. Getting another manager in with another potential rebuild just won't work.

This, I fear we end up like they were when they hired and fired McCarri, Brady and the like. I am just not too sure how much longer the board will be willing to wait. One win, one draw and one defeat is not unassailable by any means but it does leave even less wriggle room for defeats 

5 minutes ago, thebluedoo said:

This, I fear we end up like they were when they hired and fired McCarri, Brady and the like. I am just not too sure how much longer the board will be willing to wait. One win, one draw and one defeat is not unassailable by any means but it does leave even less wriggle room for defeats 

Pains me to ask this,  but are we confident of getting anything from Ross County next week? I'm certainly not.:huh:

57 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I don't see how anyone can be judging player consistency this early in the game, the team will gel it's the tactics that are the problem 

35 minutes ago, Bellshill_Bear said:

From yesterday's game it's easy to see we miss mckay.

Windass is the poor mans version. Runs but shits himself in the final third.

We need another striker as well. Miller doesn't have the legs to play such a prominent role consistently.

We are a fullback, left winger and striker away from being a great side.

I have faith he is making the tweaks through trial and error and will have the winning formula soon enough. 

If we finish second and win a cup this season will be a success. Pedro then has another 7-10 mill to bring in quality players to improve the squad. 

If the board have no plans to sack him then they certainly need to back him this week with signings.

This team as it is now will struggle to break down Ross County as they will play the exact same way Hearts did yesterday.

Time for Mark Allen to earn his corn and use his contacts down south to try and get us a few quality loan signings for a year or so. If we don't get a 15-20 goal a season striker in before the window shuts we are in trouble.

7 minutes ago, QueensEleven said:

Pains me to ask this,  but are we confident of getting anything from Ross County next week? I'm certainly not.:huh:

Confidence can be misleading but there is plenty of times I have been confident of getting a result and been dismayed when we get beat. Yes we can definitely win the game and I would say we should but as we all know that doesn't mean we will. I just don't feel comfortable changing manager every time we have a bit of a lean spell, of course should Pedro lose 2 games on the bounce then that would change. 

Too slow.

No creativity or drive in the middle of the park.

Players not shooting when they have the chance in the middle of the pitch and instead wanting to pass across the park a few times before someone crosses it into the packed area where we have 2 players against 7.

1 wide man that's hit or miss, the guy on the other side can only use pace to try beat the opposition but if they sit in he's not going to do anything.

A forward that runs all over the place moaning at everyone else.

Our other forward that should be staying central has to run out to the wide areas to get the ball because the other forward has fucked off. The midfield and wide men are too slow in getting up to support the forward or take his position.

A weak bench that doesn't really have anyone that can come on and change a game.

Probably missed out a lot.

1 minute ago, QueensEleven said:

Maybe so , but him or a 38 year old huffing and puffing,  finger pointing ?

Neither is a good option in midfield but I'm interested in what people think bringing Rossiter on would achieve? do they expect him to drop a shoulder and unlock a defence like De Boer used to? or a Barry Ferguson of old run beyond the Hearts defence from midfield and finish? or an Albertz/Ian Ferguson rocket from nothing?

Rossiter coming on would have killed whatever momentum we built up. He would have retained the ball and not wasted a pass but that's not what we needed against Hearts in that game yesterday.

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Neither is a good option in midfield but I'm interested in what people think bringing Rossiter on would achieve? do they expect him to drop a shoulder and unlock a defence like De Boer used to? or a Barry Ferguson of old run beyond the Hearts defence from midfield and finish? or an Albertz/Ian Ferguson rocket from nothing?

Rossiter coming on would have killed whatever momentum we built up. He would have retained the ball and not wasted a pass but that's not what we needed against Hearts in that game yesterday.

Not sure why Dorrans came off. If uninjured then it's an absurd decision.

I didn't disagree with Niko coming on. He just appeared drunk when he did.

If Rossiter came on for Miller then Dorrans could have been pushed up playing just behind Morelos. He has that bit of creativity about him.

Rossiter coming in or not isn't the big conundrum, that's 100% Miller continuing to get selected and worse not subbed.

1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Not sure why Dorrans came off. If uninjured then it's an absurd decision.

I didn't disagree with Niko coming on. He just appeared drunk when he did.

If Rossiter came on for Miller then Dorrans could have been pushed up playing just behind Morelos. He has that bit of creativity about him.

Rossiter coming in or not isn't the big conundrum, that's 100% Miller continuing to get selected and worse not subbed.

Miller seems undroppable - he get's moved to midfield then told to drop to left back to cover ... all baffling and desperate.

5 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Miller seems undroppable - he get's moved to midfield then told to drop to left back to cover ... all baffling and desperate.

We can't afford to accommodate him up front as he's not a great scorer. We certainly can't afford to accommodate in midfield where he's useless.

We need our best, on form, players playing in their natural positions. 

I think Jack and Rossiter together centrally with Dorrans or Windass off Morelos and the other more to the left could work. Though I'm not sure what Dorrans natural position is and if this accommodates it ?.

But dropping Miller and Niko are absolute musts for Ross County.

2 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

We can't afford to accommodate him up front as he's not a great scorer. We certainly can't afford to accommodate in midfield where he's useless.

We need our best, on form, players playing in their natural positions. 

I think Jack and Rossiter together centrally with Dorrans or Windass off Morelos and the other more to the left could work. Though I'm not sure what Dorrans natural position is and if this accommodates it ?.

But dropping Miller and Niko are absolute musts for Ross County.

You seen in Progres why Jack and Rossiter doesn't work and can't ever be used again. The problem is, though, is what other options do we have? the midfield combination fills me with fear and I don't want to play them ... or Holt or Nico but what choice is there? 

So we find ourself in the ridiculous position AGAIN of giving the manager free reign to bring in all the players he wants but becomes apparent we are still short and lacking in key areas. Unforgivable. 

I don't see any issue with Jack being our best player, if anything it shows what a fantastic bit of business he was. I feel one thing he has which a lot of our other first team players don't is real competition for his starting place in the form of Rossiter who is clearly talented and hungry himself. 

I fully believe there is a lot of potential in our team, with other players like Morelos, Cardoso and even Windlass having the potential to become very good players. If our players as a whole can give a little bit more, and with some minor tactical tweeks I could see us putting in a real challenge on all fronts. Here's hoping the team and Pedro can step up.