The problem we have

6 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

You seen in Progres why Jack and Rossiter doesn't work and can't ever be used again. The problem is, though, is what other options do we have? the midfield combination fills me with fear and I don't want to play them ... or Holt or Nico but what choice is there? 

So we find ourself in the ridiculous position AGAIN of giving the manager free reign to bring in all the players he wants but becomes apparent we are still short and lacking in key areas. Unforgivable. 

Jack and Rossiter both appear tidy enough. I'd prefer not to play both together. But to accommodate Dorrans moving forward Jack would need someone beside him and as you say not great options.

I can overlook the Progres result in the sense that all the players were shite. Lots much more than those 2. I still think they could pair up.

It does seem like a case of shuffling a pack without enough quality being there in the first place.

I don't see Jack and Dorrans in the same team. Too similar.

Miller is guff.

Left sided winger required.

I like players he has brought in like Cardoso, Alves, Dorrans, Jack, Candielas and Morelos. His failures so far as Dalcio, Pena and Hererra but they can still come good. Still early days.

And I think we will do well.

Too one paced and a lack of urgency. Always will be with Miller cutting back or getting in others way, the lumbering Wallace coming up for the predictable overlap and then Krankjar coming on to make us even slower. All 3 of these guys need replaced or used sparingly. Poor wee Morelos looks good but needs a strike partner and big Herrera aint it on his showings so far. Liked the look of Hardie yesterday - he was busy and got in good positions but don't see him as prolific. If we're not going to get a forward I'd get Dodoo back in the squad and play him in the centre where he should be. Either of these 2 would be better than Miller. Definitely need a left winger and LB. Herrera, Pena and Dalcio have been big let downs so far. Can we really afford to wait for Pena to get fit as our midfield forward. He must have been in some shape when we signed him which is a disgrace.

The problem we have is a completely incompetent board, who have completely fucked up the last two managerial appointments by hiring candidates who talk a good game rather than using little details like pedigree and track record as a measure.

This after the same board saying that the next managerial appointment was the most important in the club's history. And still they took a gamble on a man with no history to suggest he could do the job.

Completely and utterly unforgivable and it should cost them their jobs and seats on the board.

35 minutes ago, The Beast said:

The problem we have is a completely incompetent board, who have completely fucked up the last two managerial appointments by hiring candidates who talk a good game rather than using little details like pedigree and track record as a measure.

This after the same board saying that the next managerial appointment was the most important in the club's history. And still they took a gamble on a man with no history to suggest he could do the job.

Completely and utterly unforgivable and it should cost them their jobs and seats on the board.

I totally agree that it ultimately lies with them but on the park, having been backed to the tune of £8 mill the manager it struggling to get the best out of some very decent players. 

I've said since the Progres disaster that Robertson has been caught by managers who talk a good game twice and gave MW 600k and Pedro 800k. Rodgers is only on 600k more than they two combined. 

I'll never know why we didn't spend £7 mill in the transfer window and set aside the extra 600k to bring in a top class manager. £2 mill would get you an experienced manager with a high reputation IMO, Robertson should be culled instantly for these two appointments. He's been totally hoodwinked by salesmen type managers. 

Problem we have is in the front areas we don't have 2/3 match winners

Nothing has changed on this journey back we are Rangers we are gonna dominate most games home and away we will continue to do so.

Miller wasted 2 chances yesterday that a boyd or jelavic of years gone would've took in there sleep. Those chances against teams that have absolutely no ambition became match winning.

3 hours ago, Alves70 said:

TBH I think Jack and Dorrans might just be too similar to play beside each other. Both are neat and tidy but we don't have anyone to grab the game by the scruff of the neck in midfield and dominate.

Pena should have been the box to box midfielder we needed but he does not look near even starting a game never mind being that type of player.

Striker wise we are still going to the well with a soon to be 38 year old and while Morelos looks decent I'm not sure if he can get 15-20 league goals this season.

Pena is a box to box player..

out every night swallying and one night a Dominos box the next a pizza hut box.

I think squad strength and depth is going to be an issue. Looking at the bench yesterday, from a middle to front attacking point of view. Pena & Niko clearly not fit & Hardie hasn't been near first team football at all this season (not sure about friendlies) Herrera is injured and I have a feeling he is going to be a frequent visitor to the physio so there's not much left in order to change games. 

Other attacking options Dodoo & Dalcio.  

11 days remaining of the transfer window.

4 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Is that Ryan Jack gives a solid 7/10 performance 95% of the time, but we have no-one else who rates better than that either as a one off or on a consistent basis. 

Spending 7-8mill and relying on a youth product to come on and win us the game is a joke. 

We have good players, really good players for this level, the manager is failing to get the best out of them

Ryan Jack is a competent but ultimately very average player. Can't really pass forward. 

Against most SPL teams at home we don't need such a defensive player. 

The main problem is the lack of creativity. We have no cutting edge . 

Too many players won't take on a bit of responsibility , they'd much rather play a safer pass backwards or across the park than take a chance on going forward . 

7 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Is that Ryan Jack gives a solid 7/10 performance 95% of the time, but we have no-one else who rates better than that either as a one off or on a consistent basis. 

Spending 7-8mill and relying on a youth product to come on and win us the game is a joke. 

We have good players, really good players for this level, the manager is failing to get the best out of them

Imo I think Candieas has been fairly consistent and even sneaked a few Motm performances. 

It takes some players a while to get up to speed with Scottish football but think this lad gets it.

Strong , works hard and has a great delivery. If we had a target man that could head he would have treble the assists he has now.:pipe:

What we need is drive in the middle and someone that can shoot.

A midfielder who scores and takes people on.

4 hours ago, The Beast said:

To be fair Warburton did have the pedigree and track record but after that incredible start to his first season, last season saw him incapable of  being able to bring in better players to fit his style of football and then became too predictable. Pedro is certainly of the unknown variety but I don't know what we would have to spend to bring a manager of the calibre you describe 

You could easily point the same criticisms at the old board who lets not forget made McDowell our manager :confused:

8 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

The proof of this post is showing by the goals scored by players who left us. 

The real problem is we have never accepted we have players of the level of jack, dorrans, danny wilson etc. Too many of us, especially myself have had a false view of our team when you remember we are asking these guys to perform at the level of previous rangers, who lets face it, quite a few were top european class.

Over the last 5 years we have kidded ourself on, between the "journey", the failure to get promotion at the first time of asking, "going for 55" and now we were kidding ourseves on this fuckin idiot of a manager was gonnae turn things round after getting horsed twice off they middens and learning fuck all, losing our record at ibrox with barely a whimper and the cherry on the top, getting fucked off the 4th........the 4th best team in luxemborg. 

We have funded these thieves, shysters and incompetents for  half a decade, let that sink in, half a decade,  now and we are getting fuck all in return. 

We need a solid core of scottish players who know what we are up against every week with folk wanting to kick us while we are down. 

Im still fuckin sick after yesterday as I reckon its gonnae be a long season ahead 

8 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

I don't rate our players as highly as you I'm afraid.  We have a bunch of decent players from a Scottish football perspective - Wallace, windlass, jack etc. We have a bunch of Latin style footballers who are obviously skilled but not stand outs over 90 minutes.

im not just worried about the current set-up but also how the next man in reshuffles this 'confused' squad dynamic!

37 minutes ago, thebluedoo said:

To be fair Warburton did have the pedigree and track record but after that incredible start to his first season, last season saw him incapable of  being able to bring in better players to fit his style of football and then became too predictable. Pedro is certainly of the unknown variety but I don't know what we would have to spend to bring a manager of the calibre you describe 

You could easily point the same criticisms at the old board who lets not forget made McDowell our manager :confused:

Can't agree there. Warburton had no track record at anything approaching a club like ours. He also had no history of any success at all other than getting a small club promotion from the third to second tier.

And with respect it's fuck all to do with the old board or any other board in history, this is about serial failures from the current lot.

12 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Can't agree there. Warburton had no track record at anything approaching a club like ours. He also had no history of any success at all other than getting a small club promotion from the third to second tier.

And with respect it's fuck all to do with the old board or any other board in history, this is about serial failures from the current lot.

He did play a style of football that we all craved to be fair, he had a strategy of finding players to play to a system then selling for profit, all things that  we were screaming for in any new coach. We had tried to go back to a more tried and trusted model of football under McCall but it didn't work, so for me I think Warburton was the correct choice at the time. 

Your second point I think has yet to be proven IMO premature to say Pedro has failed yet :duh: