Expectations this season

ScotBear

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well said! Too many people forgetting how many times a season each  team has to play each other, To say the league is over with only 3 games played is shocking , A five point gap can be turned around, We just need to get a winning run going, Teams ahead on points will start droping them when they play each other. We just need to hope pedro can prove hes got what it takes to get us winning consistently, Can't see him being sacked or quiting until at least half way into the season.

16 minutes ago, ScotBear said:

I think when you back the manager going into a new season, when you back him to sign his own players.....there has to be an element of clean slate in terms of what happened last season. If not it would be an unhealthy overreaction to every early disappointment. 

Euriope is a relevant point but I think it's right we separate it from the potential to have a good league campaign. Remember Unirea ? 

He's deserves fuck all after last season.

Unriea was under Smith during our second of three in a row. Completely different to this cunt.

31 minutes ago, ScotBear said:

So to those that feel after just three league games it's time to sack Pedro....do you not fear that it makes our club look brutal and unreasonable that we would look to back our manager, bring in his own players and then sack him after three league games ?

If I was a manager assessing the prospect of committing to Rangers I think that sort of reactionary behaviour from our board would put me off. 

Im not saying Pedro will be successful but I think any fair minded neutral that is assessing it without the emotional involvement we have would say Pedro has to be given more time.

It's not just 3 league games though ya fucking clown. Stop being a spastic. 

Realistic - The league is too big an ask for this season, and probably next.

Cups - Cups are cups, even dominant Rangers teams failed to win them - one bad result and that's it over. However I expect a decent showing, and no embarrassing exits. We have already failed in the Europa League..... with a very embarrassing exit.

League - Consolidate 2nd place, and start to look convincing whilst doing that. I want us to look like we have a platform to build on and mount a winning challenge within the next 2 seasons. I expect a points haul of 80pts.

--

I would like the general feeling to be the club is moving the correct direction - regardless of trophies won this season.

TBH I'd rather win nothing, but feel we are nearly there - than scrape a cup win, but still feel miles behind. This general feeling is probably the most important thing I want to feel this season - currently I do not feel this, and have grave concerns that the current coaching team have failed at every big match challenge that they have faced. 

Who knows where we'll finish, didn't expect such a grim start to this campaign. We're in a rotten position but I at least think if we are to replace Pedro, the new manager will have a better group of players to work with than what PC inherited.

If Pedro is still in charge with this same squad? Could be 4-5......looking at it now, why get rid of garner and bring in Herrera ? Fucking baffling, GArner was suited to a 4-4-2 is Hererrra even Mobile? They guy is a dud 

the board has a decision to make, sack him or give him more money for players and could he be trusted with money, I'd take Naismith right now. 

57 minutes ago, ScotBear said:

I'd like to get a firmer idea as to what your expectations are this season as it would make it easier to understand some of the early reaction on here.

Obviously we want to win the league. But if we don't, is that curtains for Pedro ?

Or is 2nd place the acceptable minimum, perhaps combined with being a lot closer to Celtic ?

In our 04/05 season we dropped points in 3 of out first 5 league games and finished 1st.

In 09/10 we drew league games 4,5 and 6 0-0.....and finished 1st.

So history shows dropping points in the early league games need not be terminal to success. And that was in seasons when the expectation to win was surely greater. 

So if we are hoping for 1st but realistically looking for at least a strong showing in second.....why are we panicking after just 3 league games ? To the point of asking for the managers head.

I understand if you didn't want Pedro in the first place. I get if you wanted him to go at the end of last season. But we didn't get rid, we kept him and backed him to bring in the right players....and so far I'd suggest the majority look to have improved our squad with more work hopefully to be done before the window closes.

The results might not be what we hoped so far this season but it's too early to pass final judgements on Pedro and his newly assembled squad. 

Look past the statistics - we are woefully inept and it is not clear how many half decent players we have ,if any, never mind good players like we had back in the seasons you refer to!

16 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

It's not just 3 league games though ya fucking clown. Stop being a spastic. 

It is though, I just checked the league table to make sure I can count good and that. 

We could have sacked him after the last old firm or in the summer. We didn't. The board backed him. If you do that you can't then just give him your firm backing, throw money at him to allow 9 new players to come in and then punt him after the third league game. Particularly when it seems clear that our expectations this season are not to win the title but to show substantial progress.....that to me, with a squad overhaul, cannot be judged after just three league games. 

Realistically it should've been within 10-15 points of the tarriers, a couple of old firm wins and one cup win. 

Obviously we all want to win the league but that would've been a good season and we would know exactly who was good enough and who needed replaced for a title winning season. 

Dorrans, Jack, Alves, Cardoso, Candeias, Morelos, Fod and Tavernier are good enough to be part of a title winning side IMO. The manager isnt getting enough out of the 8 mill he's spent and that is the real problem. 

This season will see Rangers and scums dominance reappear and a huge difference in point from the other teams. Rangers beating the scum this season for the title is a difficult one albeit possible. I'll be happy with a decent challenge lasting till near season end.

1 minute ago, ScotBear said:

It is though, I just checked the league table to make sure I can count good and that. 

We could have sacked him after the last old firm or in the summer. We didn't. The board backed him. If you do that you can't then just give him your firm backing, throw money at him to allow 9 new players to come in and then punt him after the third league game. Particularly when it seems clear that our expectations this season are not to win the title but to show substantial progress.....that to me, with a squad overhaul, cannot be judged after just three league games. 

But no-one's wanting him sacked after just 3 league games, though - that's what you are missing.

It's last season and the Progres tie and the league start. It's everything combined. 

21 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Sadly we had a selection of our support that takes far too long to wake up and see what is staring them in the faces.

Guarantee all(bar BP9) will change their minds come xmas about Pedro and finally realise he is not good enough.

I'm not saying Pedro will come good....I honestly don't know. If we'd sacked him in the summer I would have not batted an eyelid. But the board kept him, backed him, we're going through a squad overhaul....if you start that process you need to show some reasonable patience.

I'd like to get past the first old firm before beginning to make judgements on this season. 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

But no-one's wanting him sacked after just 3 league games, though - that's what you are missing.

It's last season and the Progres tie and the league start. It's everything combined. 

That's fine, so if you wanted him gone last season I can understand little has changed that would lead you to change that position. 

But the board made a decision to keep him and back him. And they will take heavy criticism should it not work out well and correctly so. I'm just making the point that it's unrealistic to expect the board to sack him this early in the season having taken a decision at the end of last season, rightly or wrongly, to back him.

2 minutes ago, ScotBear said:

That's fine, so if you wanted him gone last season I can understand little has changed that would lead you to change that position. 

But the board made a decision to keep him and back him. And they will take heavy criticism should it not work out well and correctly so. I'm just making the point that it's unrealistic to expect the board to sack him this early in the season having taken a decision at the end of last season, rightly or wrongly, to back him.

I still don't see your point? this is a Rangers discussion board where we put our opinions across and talk about what we like and dislike. The board don't think for me on my behalf. I think most of us know the board won't sack the bullfighting fraud - but that doesn't mean we can't talk about it and what we want to happen.

Expectations at the start of last season, this season and every other season whilst this board remain in power and underfund a challenge to the scum, then it's second at best.

We fund managers and players of mediocrity. Journeymen who will never take us to a title.

The scum manager and his team are miles ahead of us and another cool 26mil in the piggy bank after the 5-0 drubbing of Astana.

10iar beckons and they will do it in a canter unless we provide funds to match the fans ambitions.

Anyone who thinks otherwise, is either a king rimmer or sorely deluded.

Bad fucking day when we are all arguing about being second and missing the big picture, as we should be demanding first from this and any other board. However, that being the case, the board have us where we want us, second and jam tomorrow and then hope they have cashed in and done a runner before the 10iar season.

We are mugs, but we brought this on ourselves and I have never seen so many weep and wail like fucking wanes as they deny the reality and deflect to another manager of mediocrity, but no worries, McInnes will sort it. Maybe even big Eck. Aye, if yer oan the glue!

:mutley:

1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Sadly we had a selection of our support that takes far too long to wake up and see what is staring them in the faces.

Guarantee all(bar BP9) will change their minds come xmas about Pedro and finally realise he is not good enough.

Was still people blindly backing MW until the board punted him and they flip flopped immediately.

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

Expectations at the start of last season, this season and every other season whilst this board remain in power and underfund a challenge to the scum, then it's second at best.

We fund managers and players of mediocrity. Journeymen who will never take us to a title.

The scum manager and his team are miles ahead of us and another cool 26mil in the piggy bank after the 5-0 drubbing of Astana.

10iar beckons and they will do it in a canter unless we provide funds to match the fans ambitions.

Anyone who thinks otherwise, is either a king rimmer or sorely deluded.

Bad fucking day when we are all arguing about being second and missing the big picture, as we should be demanding first from this and any other board. However, that being the case, the board have us where we want us, second and jam tomorrow and then hope they have cashed in and done a runner before the 10iar season.

We are mugs, but we brought this on ourselves and I have never seen so many weep and wail like fucking wanes as they deny the reality and deflect to another manager of mediocrity, but no worries, McInnes will sort it. Maybe even big Eck. Aye, if yer oan the glue!

:mutley:

Mate I like you but I think you need a wee break for your own sanity.

You know I can't stand this board the same as yourself and the buck ultimately stops with them, but why can't you just come into a thread and debate the merits of the football and management side of things for what it is rather than sounding like a broken record with the board being mentioned or implied in almost every single line? ... go into the boardroom and say all that and you'd have fair points but you are conflating things, taking the heat off Pedro with half-truth narrative like Pedro's tactics, training sessions, subs, signings, press conferences, style of play is the fault of the board.

There's faults all round from top to bottom in our club but we need a change of manager. You know this deep down and I think you got in way too deep defending Pedro in previous weeks you need to shout moon howlers and board this and that to remove yourself from vocally backing the wrong horse.