• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Frank Harrison said:

Why do you find this situation funny?

Every post you make about us struggling has some sort of laughing emoticon. You're a fucking embarrassment.

I don't, but what I do find laughable is embarassing knee jerking morons who can't see further than the end of their nose. Greetin like fucking wanes three games into a season and like we were ever going to get near the scum on limited finances.

Want to beat the scum, then get a new fucking board with some real fucking cash.

We should be second and in about the cups. if we dont do no cup challenge at all and finished second id not b happy. but if we get a run to a final and come second id be ok with that personally. i think what people dread is that they will finish way ahead of us and then we have to hear it all season and all summer. but thats just the way it is for a while. if he goes away then we should close it up a bit.

I expect a long season, dropping points every second week, lots of draws and most likely receive a heavy defeat at some point. 

I would have liked to see us achieve 2nd place comfortably and to have pushed them as close as possible, and at least one cup. 

Not looking good as it stands. 

7 minutes ago, seville calculators said:

no if you had looked at the premier league record of warburton in season 2016/2017 you would have found that he had two defeats four wins and four draws in his first ten games

you were just trying to take the piss and failed,

do you're research

this is my last word on this bye now

2 hours ago, seville calculators said:

i want more time to judge this manager

in warburtons first ten league games we won four drew four and lost two.

i believe we will improve on this

:britney:

my expectations just now as i type this are the exact same as they were at the start of the season, 2nd place (comfortably clear of 3rd/4th place and alot closer to the monkeys), getting to at least 1 cup final and a couple of victories over them.

i still think we can achieve it aswell.

We will struggle to put any winning runs together he will still play players who are finished and he will still make substitutions that will have us shaking our head.

The Board went for Cheap as they run us on Loans till they eventually bail leaving the Debt behind and the Club in Tatters.

11 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

I don't, but what I do find laughable is embarassing knee jerking morons who can't see further than the end of their nose. Greetin like fucking wanes three games into a season and like we were ever going to get near the scum on limited finances.

Want to beat the scum, then get a new fucking board with some real fucking cash.

Do you think £8m is enough to be easily second in this league?

I want us to challenge the taigs this season. Maybe even beat them at Ibrox, with no more 5-1 defeats.

Finishing 2nd, while never normally acceptable, would be an improvement on last year. Being closer to the taigs, in the league table only, is expected. Winning a trophy would be nice, but just seeing improvement each game would do for me right now.

We were the victim of some shocking refereeing decisions, in the Hibs game. We were a bit unlucky in the Hearts game, getting a perfectly good goal scrubbed because of a, very dodgy, offside decision.

We're not getting the breaks just now, and seeing some of our ex players scoring freely, in their new teams, doesn't help matters.

PS I thought that Joe Garner would've been good in this system, and was surprised that he was one of the first to be punted.??

5 hours ago, ScotBear said:

I'd like to get a firmer idea as to what your expectations are this season as it would make it easier to understand some of the early reaction on here.

Obviously we want to win the league. But if we don't, is that curtains for Pedro ?

Or is 2nd place the acceptable minimum, perhaps combined with being a lot closer to Celtic ?

In our 04/05 season we dropped points in 3 of out first 5 league games and finished 1st.

In 09/10 we drew league games 4,5 and 6 0-0.....and finished 1st.

So history shows dropping points in the early league games need not be terminal to success. And that was in seasons when the expectation to win was surely greater. 

So if we are hoping for 1st but realistically looking for at least a strong showing in second.....why are we panicking after just 3 league games ? To the point of asking for the managers head.

I understand if you didn't want Pedro in the first place. I get if you wanted him to go at the end of last season. But we didn't get rid, we kept him and backed him to bring in the right players....and so far I'd suggest the majority look to have improved our squad with more work hopefully to be done before the window closes.

The results might not be what we hoped so far this season but it's too early to pass final judgements on Pedro and his newly assembled squad. 

The comparisons between 04/05 and 09/10 are a nice comfort blanket but the reality is we had a squad that more or less matched the standard and quality of celtics squads those seasons . Unfortunately there is nothing to really suggest that is the case this season . 

36 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

The comparisons between 04/05 and 09/10 are a nice comfort blanket but the reality is we had a squad that more or less matched the standard and quality of celtics squads those seasons . Unfortunately there is nothing to really suggest that is the case this season . 

Exactly this. They are getting 30m each season before selling players and we are just getting our merchandise deal back which won't bear fruits till next summer. It's a completely different time and we can't compare. If they eg sold Dembele for whatever amount they would still stroll things. That's how far we need to catch up.

New manager and share issue next summer.