McLeish tips Aberdeen for second place

Loyaleastend

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We should have signed this guy or that guy. We sign lots of guys, but they don't do it under Rangers pressure. We let guys go and the pressure is off their shoulders, so they perform.. They need to be good enough with The Rangers jersey on. That is the acid test only.

Anyone in football will back Aberdeen to be second. We need to step up and prove otherwise. Improvement, support and faith are the only way. Destructive thinking must be kept at bay. Football can change. Let's see.

His pessimism for the prospects of a Pedro-led Rangers this season may turn out to be correct.  It sure does look that way this early in the season.    That said a bit of a case of 'well that's a fine mess the Board has got Rangers into by appointing Pedo.......now if only you'd picked me then it would be a different story'?  

Wonder what Pedro will be making of a former Rangers manager predicting the side will finish below Aberdeen, the side he felt was at the end of a 'cycle' at the end of last season.   Wonder too what he'll make of the other media pundits who will be jumping on the 'have a go at Rangers' bandwagon again this season.    At some point in time we'll presumably be hearing McCoist's views on Rangers' fortunes for the season.   Ignore them?  Disrespect them by dismissing their views as irrelevant?   Take them on a bit like the shouting from a Luxembourg bush episode? Shrug shoulders and let their comments wash over?   We'll see as the season unfolds.  One thing is for sure, more games where we ship points and drift further behind the leading teams in the league, the more the pundits will be emboldened and be out in force to have a real go at him in the papers and on TV.   All adding to the pressure he's already under. 

Or will Pena make his appearance and be a transforming player for the side and get among the goals.  And will Hererra start to score goals.  And will Morelos begin to become a prolific goal scorer.  And will the gelling of a newly fashioned team click with games that should be won being won and the gap clawed back?   All Pedro has to do to silence the critics in media and in the Support (me included) is to do what he said we'd be setting out to do this season and that is to 'win, win, win'.    When he produces a team that consistently wins and which we can see is very much better and more competitive than the team last season then the sorts of comments made by McLeish will vanish.    

2 hours ago, Gman36 said:

Stevie may looking a good shout. O halloran a "revelation".... Fucking hell we're getting absolutely no luck at the moment 

The good thing about O'Halloran doing well is if it continues we might get a few bob for him from an English side.

1 minute ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

He said when the appointment was made that it would only end in tears so it's not surprising that he's coming away with this sort of thing now.

The guy's a bluenose, so his opinion is valid, he's been there and done it, I think he's overrating Abergreen though

9 minutes ago, Loyaleastend said:

The guy's a bluenose, so his opinion is valid, he's been there and done it, I think he's overrating Abergreen though

He wanted the job and didn't get it. Going public with his opinions is always going to look like sour grapes regardless of how valid his opinion is.

1 minute ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

He wanted the job and didn't get it. Going public with his opinions is always going to look like sour grapes regardless of how valid his opinion is.

Of course, but I think he's a bigger man than that,  I think it's his honest critique

3 hours ago, wilberforce1 said:

Eck.

:rofl::lol::lol::lol::rofl::rofl::lol::rofl::lol::lol::lol::lol::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Fuckin banger. Another wan in the huff cause he didnae get the joab. :wanker:

Not surprised he's in the huff considering the monumental fuck up Pedro has made of it. He also hasn't said anything we have been saying on here. Also not a surprise that this is in the press the day after another poor performance. 

Stealth come and get me. 

4 minutes ago, thegambler said:

It wasn't so long ago he said he wouldn't have just accepted the job because of the current politics within the club. Although he simultaneously admits he would have had further talks with the club had he been offered the job. 

I don't blame anyone for going a bit nuts over the possibility of what they lost, fuck me, i've done it myself over romances, do you want to hear more?  

2 minutes ago, Loyaleastend said:

I don't blame anyone for going a bit nuts over the possibility of what they lost, fuck me, i've done it myself over romances, do you want to hear more?  

Only if you include photos. Or at least some hand-drawn illustrations. 

4 hours ago, wilberforce1 said:

Eck.

:rofl::lol::lol::lol::rofl::rofl::lol::rofl::lol::lol::lol::lol::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Fuckin banger. Another wan in the huff cause he didnae get the joab. :wanker:

One is ill-informed of big Eck's roots in Barrhead where he supported the greatest team ever.

He should be at the helm instead of the guy who laughed with Brenda just after her mhob gubbed us 5-1.

7 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Louis Moult???

I think that May is a better all rounder and would get more goals, but hey that ship has sailed, Moult? would be a better option imo than Herrera but with his performances so far that would not be hard.