McLeish tips Aberdeen for second place

Loyaleastend

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

51 minutes ago, Sket said:

Can someone translate this,I'm not fluent in Berghaus.

Alex McLeish. 

ROFL x 1 LOL x 3 ROFL x 2 LOL x 1 ROFL x 1 LOL x 4 ROFL x 4

The silly sausage. Yet another chap who is slightly upset at not being entertained for the assistants job under Mr Caixinha. . 

11 hours ago, DBBTB said:

It's funny how everybody is tipping Aberdeen to finish second again this season but the emphasis is always put on us to be the ones to stop celtic getting ten in a row.

After three or four good years you would think the press and former players would be pointing the finger at Stewart Milne now and asking why he's not putting his hand in his pocket and giving McInnes the backing that Aberdeen need to try and have a real stab at a title challenge.

Except they are Aberdeen and have different expectation to us - our expectation tempered with patience is needed to fulfill our expectations - sheep expect to follow not lead 

12 hours ago, DBBTB said:

It's funny how everybody is tipping Aberdeen to finish second again this season but the emphasis is always put on us to be the ones to stop celtic getting ten in a row.

After three or four good years you would think the press and former players would be pointing the finger at Stewart Milne now and asking why he's not putting his hand in his pocket and giving McInnes the backing that Aberdeen need to try and have a real stab at a title challenge.

Genuinely what do you think they would need?

£30-40m to get anywhere near that level. 

To win what? £2m in prize money. Then a punt in CL qualifiers.

And if it doesn't work, they die.

Can't say I'm shocked no-one's pointing the finger at Stewart Milne for a genuine title challenge just now. Maybe should have done it 2 seasons ago.

13 hours ago, jamess said:

May was an unknown obscure player that nobody new about,  who never scored any goals,  so easy to miss........wait a minute,  haven't I heard of him somewhere?

Stevie may hasn't done fuck all since he left st Johnstone  that's why he was easy to miss.  Not every transfer will be right and we certainly are getting more wrong than right but I never saw anyone especially on here saying we should sign stevie may. 

This place loves hindsight.  Every confidence in Morelos getting goals.

36 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

Stevie may hasn't done fuck all since he left st Johnstone  that's why he was easy to miss.  Not every transfer will be right and we certainly are getting more wrong than right but I never saw anyone especially on here saying we should sign stevie may. 

This place loves hindsight.  Every confidence in Morelos getting goals.

Morelos is the one bright spark but not paired with an over the Hill Miller and a cart horse in Herrera. 

5 hours ago, Sket said:

Can someone translate this,I'm not fluent in Berghaus.

Getting fed up with this patter. McLeish, Ferguson, mcinnes etc saying something that some fans dont like and it 'hes just jealous cos he didnt get the job'.

Meanwhile Pedro is making a total arse of things and Ferguson aside the other 2 managers would have us performing better than the 'master talk a good game bullshitter' currently in charge

I listened to him yesterday on the radio and couldn't really disagree with any of what he said. He was a much better manager than Pedro could ever be, but I don't think Eck is quite as with it as he once was. Seemed a bit slow speeched when being interviewed...

25 minutes ago, OhW said:

Aberdeen don't have a symbolic interest in stopping 10-in-a-row, and they don't have the resources.

We desperately want to stop 10iar so the taigs don't better our record. We are also the only team in Scotland that have the resources to potentially stop it.

Oh yeah I know it's completely unrealistic but how shite must it be to be an Aberdeen fan knowing that you've reached a level that you are never going to better? :lol:

17 hours ago, MayboleLoyal_atb said:

If MOH keeps up his goal scoring then a would give him a chance when he comes back in January unless someone wanted to make us a decent offer for him.

MOH plays counter attack football in a team which allows him to put his head down and run at team's with no pressure on him , that won't happen at Ibrox and he proved conclusively that the Rangers jersey was too heavy for him.

7 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

MOH plays counter attack football in a team which allows him to put his head down and run at team's with no pressure on him , that won't happen at Ibrox and he proved conclusively that the Rangers jersey was too heavy for him.

He's still a better player in this league than Windass who to me looks horrific.

3 minutes ago, Smile said:

He's still a better player in this league than Windass who to me looks horrific.

Not in a Rangers jersey, unless my eyes were deceiving me and the vast majority of Rangers fans. Windass has potential but for me like MOH he will struggle at a big club as he lacks the mental strength when things are going against him.

22 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

True but having seen his goals he's still beating men and scoring 

1 minute ago, ianferguson said:

Not in a Rangers jersey, unless my eyes were deceiving me and the vast majority of Rangers fans. Windass has potential but for me like MOH he will struggle at a big club as he lacks the mental strength when things are going against him.

Windass has done nothing in a Rangers jersey at all and had no impact in the league, Ohalloran will if used correctly as is happening now with a manager playing to his strengths we do not have that we have a clueless Manager who's out his depth.

Windass has been put there to say we do not need to replace McKay which is an awful decision.