McLeish tips Aberdeen for second place

Loyaleastend

1 hour ago, plumbGER said:

When is he going to show it then?

Rare glimpses maybe but off the top of my head head his old firm debut, six inches from goal of the season v Motherwell and a good performance and goal v sheff Wed. There have been more but I'm not his biggest fan either. 

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, DBBTB said:

It's funny how everybody is tipping Aberdeen to finish second again this season but the emphasis is always put on us to be the ones to stop celtic getting ten in a row.

After three or four good years you would think the press and former players would be pointing the finger at Stewart Milne now and asking why he's not putting his hand in his pocket and giving McInnes the backing that Aberdeen need to try and have a real stab at a title challenge.

Aberdeen are only relevant cause we're shite. When we get our act together, and we will, they become irrelevant! 

7 hours ago, plumbGER said:

When is he going to show it then?

Windass at present is nowhere near good enough to be a first choice pick at left mid/wing. Both Mckay or O'halloran. would be better options.

Windass has potential but looks a little lazy to me to reach the top.

5 minutes ago, five stars said:

Windass at present is nowhere near good enough to be a first choice pick at left mid/wing. Both Mckay or O'halloran. would be better options.

Windass has potential but looks a little lazy to me to reach the top.

The only point I would make about that left wing position is that you're going to spend a lot of the game filling in at left back because Lee Wallace see himself primarily as a wingback as opposed to a defending full back.

That's only a part of it but I think anyone playing on the side as Wallace will find it hard to shine.

Aberdeen have done well recently..

For years they underachieved considering they had one of the biggest budgets outside the Old Firm.

They lost some of their better player but have recruited wisely with little founds.

Would Mcinnes of been a better option than Pedro?

1 minute ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

The only point I would make about that left wing position is that you're going to spend a lot of the game filling in at left back because Lee Wallace see himself primarily as a wingback as opposed to a defending full back.

That's only a part of it but I think anyone playing on the side as Wallace will find it hard to shine.

Yes,  agreed Wallace thinks he's a winger. (despite the fact he canny take a man on). This effects whoever plays along side him on the left.

And Miller thinks he's Zidane (despite the fact his touch is poor). This causes many of our attacks to break down.

I understand they are two of our most experienced players, and maybe have huge influence in the dressing room but the teams success comes before their individual egos.

10 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Oh yeah I know it's completely unrealistic but how shite must it be to be an Aberdeen fan knowing that you've reached a level that you are never going to better? :lol:

Steady on mate!

What's going to change that's going to prevent us going down the same route?

Serious question.

7 hours ago, ianferguson said:

Rare glimpses maybe but off the top of my head head his old firm debut, six inches from goal of the season v Motherwell and a good performance and goal v sheff Wed. There have been more but I'm not his biggest fan either. 

It's a pretty slim portfolio, when there isn't a top flight competitive goal, or meaningful assist amongst it.

1 hour ago, five stars said:

Yes,  agreed Wallace thinks he's a winger. (despite the fact he canny take a man on). This effects whoever plays along side him on the left.

And Miller thinks he's Zidane (despite the fact his touch is poor). This causes many of our attacks to break down.

I understand they are two of our most experienced players, and maybe have huge influence in the dressing room but the teams success comes before their individual egos.

More I think about it, more the pair of them are getting in our way.

Problem is, who comes in?