The aggression

MrMckee

One of the things about our play I had been most impressed with and Pedro for installing it in the team. 

Completley abscent yesterday and think this was a problem as players like candieas was not chasing down the defenders causing them to make errors and us to create chances. 

Is it a coincidence that this happens directly after the hibs game last week? Are the players and or manager scared of someone getting sent off again? Could say it is a bit of a far fetched theory but we was tame yesterday and directly after the hibs game could seem a possibility but we need to get this back! 

26 minutes ago, MrMckee said:

One of the things about our play I had been most impressed with and Pedro for installing it in the team. 

Completley abscent yesterday and think this was a problem as players like candieas was not chasing down the defenders causing them to make errors and us to create chances. 

Is it a coincidence that this happens directly after the hibs game last week? Are the players and or manager scared of someone getting sent off again? Could say it is a bit of a far fetched theory but we was tame yesterday and directly after the hibs game could seem a possibility but we need to get this back! 

It's a possibility.

Could the lack of aggression been due to Pedro being given the wrong advice from his "local number 2"?

49 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

It's a possibility.

Could the lack of aggression been due to Pedro being given the wrong advice from his "local number 2"?

Problem being that Pedro quite happily talks about his tactics to the media, ie: being full on fir 1st 20 mins, half hour etc, opposition teams can plan  and train knowing what they're up against when facing us, Kenny Miller, Pedro etc should do the team a favour and do the talking on the park

2 hours ago, bluenoz said:

The only reason I can think why he took Dorrans off was because he picked up a booking. I would hope that was not the case but it seemed an odd substitution to me. We all agree it should have been Hardie for Miller.

Did he not do the same with wee Morelos vs hibs

57 minutes ago, FrasBear said:

Problem being that Pedro quite happily talks about his tactics to the media, ie: being full on fir 1st 20 mins, half hour etc, opposition teams can plan  and train knowing what they're up against when facing us, Kenny Miller, Pedro etc should do the team a favour and  sdo the talking on the park  SHUT THE FUK UP.

sorted:tu: 

12 hours ago, bluenoz said:

The only reason I can think why he took Dorrans off was because he picked up a booking. I would hope that was not the case but it seemed an odd substitution to me. We all agree it should have been Hardie for Miller.

Dorrans has done nothing the last 2 games 

18 hours ago, MrMckee said:

I actually thought the guy you mentioned was one of few who got pass marks in regards to aggression. Probably tracking back to win posssion back rather than pressing as such. Regardless I agree with the point. 

We just looked to have no answer to how they set up in particular the second half. 

Problem is, we will face that time and again. 

Massive chance for Miller in the 1st half, I haven't seen it since however felt at time it was a good save, however he should have scored.  Second week in a row a goal that would have completely changed the game  

Overall too slow in shifting the ball and lacking quality at crucial moments.  Not willing to hit from distance and pick up rebounds, losing out on the second ball countless times. It just wasn't very clever at all. 

Only positives I can take is Morales looked very good and I don't feel we will concede every time a cross comes into our box anymore. There is no dressing it up however 4 from 9 is a disaster. 

Teams like Hearts want to have a word with themselves btw, time wasting etc on a game they had every chance of winning had they showed any ambition 

57 minutes ago, Three stripes said:

Shoehorning Miller in the team no matter how Shite he plays is going to cost him his job.

I agree with this. Pedro should be taking the blame for this but everyone seems to act like it's Miller's fault.

Miller should be coming on as a sub and not starting every game esp In the wrong position

4 hours ago, OhW said:

It would have been hard to push Hearts any further back than they were.

Maybe should have worded it to include drive their defence back and make it count. Will have to settle for drive defence back and continue to pass about, slow the attack, and try to pass it into the goal hoping we dont get countered. Missing a player who can leather it and keep it low and on target from outside the box. 

I think because it's the first game they've played where a team has sat in against them, they found it harder to break down and where I think is the problem is the final 3rd. Therefore had Miller taken his chance and even Hardie we could've won the game.

The possession game was all well and everything but it wasn't until 70th minute or so that Rangers really started to show that urgency and this for me was the problem, confidence thing? Not sure.