Not sure how I feel about this

delamonty

I really thought we would give Hearts a real doing.  How do we put 6 past Dunfermline (ok.. they're shite), then lose to Hibs and draw with Hearts.

I had high hopes for this season -- but let's face reality.  And yes... it's not too soon to do so.  We are in a fight for second...maybe third.  Eck's interview as posted, just laid it out -- plain and simple.

So I sit here in fucking August wondering what is going on.  Pedro talks a good game (which by all accounts is the reason he's in the job)... but... you need to produce results.  At The Rangers, there is only one result that is acceptable.  Win.  I was in a pub in London yesterday with my old school Rangers top on.  Barman immediately recognised it and asked wtf is going on with us.  I love talking about The Rangers....but now it seems that it's trying to explain why we're shite.  I hate this.  We need to get back to the position we earned for almost 150 years.  ok, I get that it takes time to build a proper side.... but at our club, time is a luxury no one has.

So... in summary....  August is not too soon to panic?  You can't win the title now.. but you can certainly lose it.  

I had high hopes for this season.  Maybe not win the title... but push the scum all the way. And then next year?  We're back.

We need a total rethink here... not working out.  And no.. Walter coming back is not the answer.  (Well, it is.. but we need to leave hime alone...)

We've had enough of this.... really.  Down to the fourth fucking tier.  McCoist on 750k.  The conman....   I just want my club back to where we know it should be.  And.. it's not because we get it by default... we earned it.  We are good, hard working people that support our club because OUR club embodies how WE are.

So 'Mon the GERS....  We and I mean this....  We need our club to be feared.  How this changes I do not know.

Apologies for the rant.... I couldn't believe we drew on Saturday.  I expected a real response.  Heartbreaking.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's nothing to feel unsure about mate - it's quite straightforward in my eyes and that's we've made the wrong managerial appointment AGAIN and we still have clueless idiots in our boardroom who can't be trusted to make the right decision if they even have the balls to attempt to fix it.

But attempt to fix it we must.

31 minutes ago, delamonty said:

I really thought we would give Hearts a real doing.  How do we put 6 past Dunfermline (ok.. they're shite), then lose to Hibs and draw with Hearts.

I had high hopes for this season -- but let's face reality.  And yes... it's not too soon to do so.  We are in a fight for second...maybe third.  Eck's interview as posted, just laid it out -- plain and simple.

So I sit here in fucking August wondering what is going on.  Pedro talks a good game (which by all accounts is the reason he's in the job)... but... you need to produce results.  At The Rangers, there is only one result that is acceptable.  Win.  I was in a pub in London yesterday with my old school Rangers top on.  Barman immediately recognised it and asked wtf is going on with us.  I love talking about The Rangers....but now it seems that it's trying to explain why we're shite.  I hate this.  We need to get back to the position we earned for almost 150 years.  ok, I get that it takes time to build a proper side.... but at our club, time is a luxury no one has.

So... in summary....  August is not too soon to panic?  You can't win the title now.. but you can certainly lose it.  

I had high hopes for this season.  Maybe not win the title... but push the scum all the way. And then next year?  We're back.

We need a total rethink here... not working out.  And no.. Walter coming back is not the answer.  (Well, it is.. but we need to leave hime alone...)

We've had enough of this.... really.  Down to the fourth fucking tier.  McCoist on 750k.  The conman....   I just want my club back to where we know it should be.  And.. it's not because we get it by default... we earned it.  We are good, hard working people that support our club because OUR club embodies how WE are.

So 'Mon the GERS....  We and I mean this....  We need our club to be feared.  How this changes I do not know.

Apologies for the rant.... I couldn't believe we drew on Saturday.  I expected a real response.  Heartbreaking.

We may feel we have earned our position - but we need to stop thinking winning is our right and realise it is something we have to earn! The sense of entitlement is strong in our support but the graft, and patience required to rebuild is hampered by that sense of entitlement. We have the tools and building blocks but now we need the time to build. 

It's up to the board in picking the right man and again it looks like they have failed again and the consequences of that is we are falling behind the tarriers at an alarming rate and show no signs of catching and closing the gap between us and them.

Pedro has given us the 2 most unforgivable results in our history. Most fans have had massive doubts since then. However the fans spirits seemed to lift after a couple of friendly results. The result against Motherwell and the performance against Dunfermline had us full of optimism going into the 2 home games and 2 sell outs.

We really needed to give payback to Hibs we owed them big style and with interest. What happens? They beat us for the 3rd time in a row. A week later its unthinkable that a Rangers team wont come out firing and put a poor Hearts team to the sword.  These 2 home games were going to tell us a lot but unfortunately it wasnt  the answers we were looking for.

The support is now bust with this wee man but the problems still seem to be further up the stairs. Someone is responsible for this.

8 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

We may feel we have earned our position - but we need to stop thinking winning is our right and realise it is something we have to earn! The sense of entitlement is strong in our support but the graft, and patience required to rebuild is hampered by that sense of entitlement. We have the tools and building blocks but now we need the time to build. 

How does that apply if you think we've got the wrong man in the dugout again though? 

You are notorious for thinking every bad manager is great. If we took your advice we'd still be in the second tier with McCoist right now.

30 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

I deliberately said we earned it no entitlement.  Something massive needs to happen

40 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Do we really have the tools and the building blocks? Alves, Dorrans and Jack look good and are up to speed right away. The rest not so and there is a lot of chat similar to garner etc with the rest of them.

Pedro is not the right manager for this club or country.

As it stands just now the playing side wise of the club we are just another run of the mill average spl team , a hibs or hearts if you will , devastating but true , we'll win 1 lose 2 draw 1 maybe win 2 , no chance this team will go on a 10/15 winning run that's required to win or challenge for the title , the managers out his depth and it needs to be rectified now not next season or season after 

We need a period of stability after 5 years of turmoil.

The current board or manager or players or any combination may or may not be shite but chopping and changing staff every six months is foolish and expensive.

We haven't got the cash or a multi millionaire waiting in the wings. 

Changing manager alone wont fix our problems.  We'll be second until there's significant investment in to the playing squad which I don't see happening anytime soon.  We apparently spent millions this summer and are still nowhere near competing with Celtic for the title.  We need a capable manager, investment, and a high standard of player recruitment.  Even if we had all those things in place it would still take time to see the changes happen - It could take years.

The two resources we had were time and money.  We've pissed five or six years away on incompetent managers and players who are nowhere near good enough.  It looks like we're out of time as far as stopping Celtic's concerned and they look likely to repeat the 9 in a row if not better it.  The last five or six years have been horrendous and that looks set to continue as Celtic are enjoying a period of dominance. 

3 minutes ago, Blueshoff said:

We need a period of stability after 5 years of turmoil.

The current board or manager or players or any combination may or may not be shite but chopping and changing staff every six months is foolish and expensive.

We haven't got the cash or a multi millionaire waiting in the wings. 

Allowing Pedro more time for him to do irreversible damage will be more foolish and expensive.

Just now, Frank Harrison said:

Allowing Pedro more time for him to do irreversible damage will be more foolish and expensive.

Only if the replacement is significantly better.  

Don't get me wrong I'm not happy but would you trust this board with selection of a new manager?

Just now, Blueshoff said:

Only if the replacement is significantly better.  

Don't get me wrong I'm not happy but would you trust this board with selection of a new manager?

Dont trust the board one bit but we've hit rock bottom as far as I'm concerned, whoever we get would do a better job than this clown.