The cheap option

Are we bargain basement FC now?

The cheap banners at Ibrox papering over the cracks

The manager no one's heard of

The lack of a NOMAD and other broken promises

The cheap 16 quid template top with some badges added on

Are we going to be buying everything on the cheap these days? What happened to the millions in investment?

We've got a few PlayStation tho, even then it's last year's FIFA on them :lol:

We've invested in the squad but going cheap elsewhere, it's like the board are unable to balance the budget properly 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

Are we going to be buying everything on the cheap these days? What happened to the millions in investment?

We've invested in the squad but going cheap elsewhere, it's like the board are unable to balance the budget properly 

You can't blame the board for not buying a game that hasn't been released yet.

Might be a manager we've never heard of but we paid a big whack of a fee as compensation and he's on close to the same package as McCoist was on.

We've also spent more on players than the rest of Scottish Football combined as it stands today - although would be amazed if the filth don't spend big before the window shuts.

So in answer to your question - in terms of money no. In term so quality - aye.

20 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

Almost every club works like this. Not our fault the kit manufacturers are lazy as fuck.

Just now, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Almost every club works like this. Not our fault the kit manufacturers are lazy as fuck.

We should be demanding a higher standard then, they're going to charge 55 quid for it no doubt which means folk are paying 40 quid for a badge, folk have waited for years to buy tops and now they're being offered cheap shite when the fans are already paying for everything else at the Club due to our cheapskate owner

23 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

The only investment is coming from the support we are being run on Loans and ran into the Ground it's great that we have a Loyal set of supporters but that will not last if there's no Improvement.

13 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Might be a manager we've never heard of but we paid a big whack of a fee as compensation and he's on close to the same package as McCoist was on.

We've also spent more on players than the rest of Scottish Football combined as it stands today - although would be amazed if the filth don't spend big before the window shuts.

Does the manager have a break clause within his contract do you know?

14 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

They've likely brought in the wrong manager but they can't be accused of not spending. They've backed Pedro up with millions. 

Nail on the head, I'm afraid.

Warburton was a cheap option and Caixinha was, too. Warburton signed mostly free transfers while this summer's transfer activity has merely been met with "undisclosed" fees; I refuse to believe that we paid £2M/£3M for Pena.

Look at the situation with Jamie Walker; we're haggling over a couple of thousand quid, for fuck's sake.

The banners are criminal. They look beyond tacky and it even irritates me that, like with safe standing, we got them/will get it after the tarriers did.

2 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Warburton was a cheap option and Caixinha was, too. Warburton signed mostly free transfers while this summer's transfer activity has merely been met with "undisclosed" fees; I refuse to believe that we paid £2M/£3M for Pena.

Look at the situation with Jamie Walker; we're haggling over a couple of thousand quid, for fuck's sake.

The banners are criminal. They look beyond tacky and it even irritates me that, like with safe standing, we got them/will get it after the tarriers did.

I think the main reason for Warburton leaving was he never got his top targets I can remember him saying if it came down to the money we would not get the Player. 

5 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

They've likely brought in the wrong manager but they can't be accused of not spending. They've backed Pedro up with millions. 

They've spend lots on the squad while being cheap everywhere else which is my point 

A capable board would be able to do both and have a balanced budget but our board is just winging it

Just now, Smile said:

I think the main reason for Warburton leaving was he never got his top targets I can remember him saying if it came down to the money we would not get the Player. 

Clubs miss-out on transfer targets on a regular basis.

The Barton and Kranjcar business was a clear backing from the board because while they were free, their salaries were huge in comparison to most of our squad.

Warburton wasn't good enough and I believe the pressure generated by that led to his departure.

5 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

IF we backed warburton like we have pedro Warburton would still be our manager 

1 minute ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Clubs miss-out on transfer targets on a regular basis.

The Barton and Kranjcar business was a clear backing from the board because while they were free, their salaries were huge in comparison to most of our squad.

Warburton wasn't good enough and I believe the pressure generated by that led to his departure.

He had his faults granted but you can't do good work if you don't have the tools you need. I wanted Warburton away as much as anyone but how much of that was down to him being poorly funded.

4 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

They've spend lots on the squad while being cheap everywhere else which is my point 

A capable board would be able to do both and have a balanced budget but our board is just winging it

Aye can't disagree with that. The fact some areas of Ibrox still haven't been cleaned is ridiculous. 

This fan zone thing is totally unnecessary aswell.

5 minutes ago, Blue72 said:

I think if they'd given he £8 million he'd have done pretty well actually.  

I think he's as big a con artist as Pedro is

Neither have qualifications to be anywhere near Rangers manager

Our board just roll the dice and don't have the balls to admit fault