The cheap option

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, William Scott said:

You can't expect massive investment if the money isn't there. Just need to be patient, it's going to be a tough few years but we'll get back on our feet if the fans get behind the club. 

The whole point of the boycott was to get King in cause he was supposedly loaded and now it's "were skint"

So did the boycotters lie or were they lied to? It's one or the other

26 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Nail on the head, I'm afraid.

Warburton was a cheap option and Caixinha was, too. Warburton signed mostly free transfers while this summer's transfer activity has merely been met with "undisclosed" fees; I refuse to believe that we paid £2M/£3M for Pena.

Look at the situation with Jamie Walker; we're haggling over a couple of thousand quid, for fuck's sake.

The banners are criminal. They look beyond tacky and it even irritates me that, like with safe standing, we got them/will get it after the tarriers did.

We'll find out how much they've spent in a few weeks when the accounts are released.

13 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

I think he's as big a con artist as Pedro is

Neither have qualifications to be anywhere near Rangers manager

Our board just roll the dice and don't have the balls to admit fault

I think that he didn't have the answers to winning the league up here but he had more experience and talent than Pedro 

i think forest will be top 6 this year 

25 minutes ago, Smile said:

I think the main reason for Warburton leaving was he never got his top targets I can remember him saying if it came down to the money we would not get the Player. 

Tbf, if Warburton & the best in the business weren't signing players from their mates then he might have been given more money to spend.

That being said, he should never have been allowed to bring McPartland is as they were always too close and there was no control over what they were doing & the board only have themselves to blame. We were in the same boat this season as well.

38 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

We should be demanding a higher standard then, they're going to charge 55 quid for it no doubt which means folk are paying 40 quid for a badge, folk have waited for years to buy tops and now they're being offered cheap shite when the fans are already paying for everything else at the Club due to our cheapskate owner

Demand a higher standard?

Even Real Madrid and Bayern Munich had their tops designed on a generic template. I'm not sure what it is you expect.

12 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Tbf, if Warburton & the best in the business weren't signing players from their mates then he might have been given more money to spend.

That being said, he should never have been allowed to bring McPartland is as they were always too close and there was no control over what they were doing & the board only have themselves to blame. We were in the same boat this season as well.

Is it not the same again with G. Park and Pedro Mendes. ? Warburton's players seem to be shifting and some even for money which is good news.

The banners, yes absolutely an embarrassment to the club and they have downgraded the stadium considerably. The ones on the Broomloan I thought couldn't get any worse until they put the one on the staircase. 

The manager was a total joke appointment again. We tried to do it double cheap last season, this season we tried it half way with the manager and then mentally backed him with nearly £8 fucking million. Probably the last cunt on the list they had who should've had access to £8 million. 

The NOMAD appointment yet again another broken promise, but the board are Rangers men but...

The top is yet another embarrassment to come out of the club since the Rangers men took charge. 

And if Fifa16 is the game on the playstations then that definitely sums up where we are right now. A fucking joke. 

19 minutes ago, Blue72 said:

I think that he didn't have the answers to winning the league up here but he had more experience and talent than Pedro 

i think forest will be top 6 this year 

But he didn't, he has less managerial experience than Pedro does

Our last 3 managers have been gambles that haven't payed off. We need a proven manager not a chancer

7 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

But he didn't, he has less managerial experience than Pedro does

Our last 3 managers have been gambles that haven't payed off. We need a proven manager not a chancer

Definitely agree with that, and the salary we can offer, maybe adding a little more, would buy that experience 

what is our actual net fucking spend this summer? in terms of actual money out on a net basis, I'd doubt its more than a couple of million.

bringing in bodies doesn't necessarily mean that a great deal of money has been spent and IMO we are still shopping in the bargain basement shite end of the spectrum. it just so happens that the bargain basement shite is coming from mexico and Portugal where we know fuck all about the players and since they have fancy names we jumped to the conclusion that they must be belter signings.

fact is a good few of them are complete shite.

how this geezer blagged the job i'll never know. the other candidates must have been fucking honking in interview for this verbose moron to stand out as the lead candidate.

fucking shocking. hope the 90 day break clause in his contract isnt just a shite rumour and we activate that pronto and get this clown binned. guarantee he will be on the first flight back to the shit show that is football in the middle east where he goes back to managing a team with an average home attendance of 400, where he can sit 5th in the league like he was when we hired him. what a dud.

pedro caixinha :megaanguish:

1 hour ago, With Heart and Hand said:

Do you think Puma just say "this is the kit we've chosen for you" and no one from the Club approves it? Serious question

In an ordinary situation not at all, but after such a rushed job I don't think we had time to turn round and say, we don't like it, give us another one. Especially with fans demanding new kits or new stock asap.

Really think last season's kits were the best way to go, would've kept the majority happy, especially if this is the alternative.