France 98

I liked the 98 World Cup but I didn't watch Euro 2000 because it was about the time skateboarding was a thing so that took all my attention for a while but by the time the 02 World Cup came back around I was fully back into football so that's the first one I remember really following from beginning to end - France flopping, Turkey getting to the semi finals, South Korea's run, Ronaldo's return, Ronaldinho's goalĀ against England:lol:

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

I liked the 98 World Cup but I didn't watch Euro 2000 because it was about the time skateboarding was a thing so that took all my attention for a while but by the time the 02 World Cup came back around I was fully back into football so that's the first one I remember really following from beginning to end - France flopping, Turkey getting to the semi finals, South Korea's run, Ronaldo's return, Ronaldinho's goalĀ against England:lol:

In terms of pure football quality and entertaining gamesĀ i'd say Euro 2000 was better.

2002 was a good tournament too but in my opinion slightly spoiled by a whole host of horrendous refereeing decisions.Ā 

Worst tournament in my lifetime was 2010. Utterly boring football and fucking vuvuzelas.Ā 

41 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

In terms of pure football quality and entertaining gamesĀ i'd say Euro 2000 was better.

2002 was a good tournament too but in my opinion slightly spoiled by a whole host of horrendous refereeing decisions.Ā 

Worst tournament in my lifetime was 2010. Utterly boring football and fucking vuvuzelas.Ā 

I wish I'd seen Euro 2000. I actually want to go back in time give my 11 year old self a slap and say "look here ya daft cunt you ain't gonna be the next Tony Hawk get the fucking football on ":lol:

Agree on 2010. That was an awful tournament. Ghana's run was just about the only exciting thing in the whole tournament.

6 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Nah, has to be the '94 WC in the USA for me. The first WC I remember. RomarioĀ :bow:

The amount of people on the streets in Bulgaria was incredible after the quater final vs Germany. I was 8Ā and i still remember about 7-8 people coming out of a Ā car like the one below, TrabantĀ - and all of them jumpedĀ on a Bulgarian flag that was coming down from a 4 store building, cutting it instantly and waving it on the top of the car. It was unbelievable experience and i dont think ill ever see anything like that ever again in my lifetime. To this day i dont know how all those people managed to get inside such a tiny car..Ā 

Trabbi_601-S_3828.jpg)

And for France 98, to me it was the best tournament indeed. Holland was playing very nice football and was unlucky vs Brazil imo. France also had terrific team and fully deserved the gold. That Bergkamp goal was the top of it, aswell as Suker becoming the top scorer. Ā From Euro 2000 i remember the inability of Holland to take penalties, especially vs Italy, and Toldo saving from FrankĀ De Boer twice. As someone mentioned the 3-3 game with Yugoslavia and Slovenia was top, coming back from 3 down to a draw for the Yugos.Ā 

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

I wish I'd seen Euro 2000. I actually want to go back in time give my 11 year old self a slap and say "look here ya daft cunt you ain't gonna be the next Tony Hawk get the fucking football on ":lol:

Agree on 2010. That was an awful tournament. Ghana's run was just about the only exciting thing in the whole tournament.

We spent a few of our lunches in school watching it. One of the teachers done a sweep, and promised the winner some money but he left during the summer :lol:Ā 

On 22/08/2017 at 1:15 PM, McEwan's Lager said:

Cafu, Roberto Carlos, Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Bebeto, Eto'o, Zamorano, Salas, Maldini, Cannavaro, Nesta, Del Piero, Baggio, Inzaghi, Vieri, Schmeichel, the Laudrups, Vieira, Djorkaeff, Zidane, Pires, Henry, Thuram, Trezeguet, Stoichkov, Kanu, Okocha, Chilavert, Zubizarreta, Hierro, Morientes, Raul, Luis Enrique, Nilis, Scifo, van der Sar, Stam, the De Boers, Numan, Jonk, Bergkamp, Kluivert, Seedorf, Cocu, Overmars, Davids, Moller, Matthaus, Klinsmann, Jugovic, Savicevic, Mijatovic, Stojkovic, Mihajlovic, Milosevic, Stankovic, Kovacevic, Cordoba, Valderrama, Asprilla, Campbell, Beckham, Shearer, Owen, McManaman, Scholes, Petrescu, Popescu, Hagi, Simeone, Batistuta, Ortega, Veron, Crespo, Zanetti, Bilic, Prosinecki, Suker, Boban, Jarni, Nakata,Ā 

Did anyone on here go?

Imagine the Yugoslavia team if Croatia hadn't fucked offĀ :no:Ā :rip:

1 hour ago, JamieD said:

Imagine the Yugoslavia team if Croatia hadn't fucked offĀ :no:Ā :rip:

They would have a cracking team now too. Imagine this lineup - the midfield is pure filth:

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Oblak

Vrsaljko Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Savic Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Lovren Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Kolarov

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Matic

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Modric Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Rakitic

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Pjanic

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Mandzukic Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Dzeko

Subs:

Subasic
Kolasinac Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Ā 
Maksimovic
Brozovic
Perisic
Kovacevic

11 hours ago, Blueshoff said:

Italia 90 was brilliantĀ 

Second only to 66 ?

Not many football fans talk about '66 when talking about World Cups but that was a great tournament as well, the semi between England and Portugal was a great game of football back in the days when players were allowed toĀ tackle, but my favourite was 1970, so many memorable games, England v West Germany, Italy v West Germany etc and Brazil's performances throughout, I've watched all the others and probably Argentina '78 for the spectacle alone is also a standout.