New winger signed on loan

I'm glad we've realised that we don't have enough out wide at present. I like the early look of Candeias, he really seems to caress the ball at times when putting it in, if we get this wee guy or another on the opposite side then at least Herrera will be getting some service, problem with big Joey Garner last year (to an extent) was that he wasn't getting quality to work with. He was a bit mince as well, but it didn't help for sure. 

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, GersGuy said:

I'm glad we've realised that we don't have enough out wide at present. I like the early look of Candeias, he really seems to caress the ball at times when putting it in, if we get this wee guy or another on the opposite side then at least Herrera will be getting some service, problem with big Joey Garner last year (to an extent) was that he wasn't getting quality to work with. He was a bit mince as well, but it didn't help for sure. 

Spot on mate, it's all about the service that counts, given if there's good service put into the box it's down to the strikers to take advantage of that. Like Hardie's chance against Hearts there, although unlucky our strikers need to take advantage of any good service played into them. Big Herrera is yet to be proven he was unlucky against Motherwell, few occasions he was in the box in the right position, just didn't get the service.

9 minutes ago, RangersScotty9 said:

Spot on mate, it's all about the service that counts, given if there's good service put into the box it's down to the strikers to take advantage of that. Like Hardie's chance against Hearts there, although unlucky our strikers need to take advantage of any good service played into them. Big Herrera is yet to be proven he was unlucky against Motherwell, few occasions he was in the box in the right position, just didn't get the service.

Yeah man, I'm hopeful that he can do that for us. I don't particularly think we need a roberts style wee guy who goes down at the slightest bit of contact and constantly turns in field. I think he is massively overrated anyway, but the way PC has us set up, our wingers are not inside forwards, they are wingers. Get the chalk on the boots, beat your man and put some quality service into the middle. 

11 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

The report on the club's website doesn't mention anything about him playing for the development squad. 

I reckon if he was a first team signing we would have announced him officially with a scarf and actually done a photoshoot. The announcement is the same as one for the likes of Atakayi etc

1 minute ago, GersGuy said:

Yeah man, I'm hopeful that he can do that for us. I don't particularly think we need a roberts style wee guy who goes down at the slightest bit of contact and constantly turns in field. I think he is massively overrated anyway, but the way PC has us set up, our wingers are not inside forwards, they are wingers. Get the chalk on the boots, beat your man and put some quality service into the middle. 

Exactly, our main problem as of current was Miller missing sitter of a chance and post missing at times, if Rangers can sort out the front 2 pairing, someone to partner Morelos, hopefully Herrera, then we might see a difference. It's not like Rangers didn't create chances, it's just that we need Miller to either be that box player and if not someone else will. Time to try Herrera as the target man up front with Morelos, yet to see it.

1 minute ago, Skyson1872 said:

I reckon if he was a first team signing we would have announced him officially with a scarf and actually done a photoshoot. The announcement is the same as one for the likes of Atakayi etc

The announcement wasn't made until late afternoon so there could be a few bits and pieces done about him tomorrow. 

As someone's already mentioned it wouldn't make much sense for Man City to send him up here to play in a development league of a worse quality than is down there. I suppose we'll just have to wait and see.

On 23/08/2017 at 11:54 AM, BlueThunder said:

The length of the deal is interesting. Perhaps we just want to take a look at him without long-term commitment or it is a deal to put pressure on Hearts to sell Walker.

More like fuck you to Hearts, we have this young guy so we will wait and get Walker signed up in Jan for next season.