New winger signed on loan

9 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Honest question, had anyone heard of Roberts before he went to them ?

Yeah, and I'd say most that follow English football would have.

His move from Fulham to City was in the news a fair bit due to the potential cost of a teenager that hadn't played many games.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Honest question, had anyone heard of Roberts before he went to them ?

I think most would have been aware of him simply due to the extremely high transfer fee City paid for him but it's unlikely if many knew he was any good or not. Don't think he played that often for Fulham.

Hopefully this young lad does well. The video doesn't do him many favours although it looks a little old. He also looks tiny!

I know nothing about English Premier League teams youth players however I just read that one who was quite highly rated, a year older and a left winger has just joined the Edinburgh taigs, Barker I think his name is.

If we're going to be loaning players you'd want us to get the very best and most readily available. I have no idea if this boy is but can only hope Allen knows better than us.

Fuck sake, people are going on about how we should be getting young hungry talent instead of older guys etc etc. 

We get one and then you get moans that there young inexperienced players its not what we need. 

Cant win ? 

Anyway, seens like just what we need. The guys coming from city and seems like he just needs a season of competitive football as a final test. 

Something positive imo, hope he fuckin bangs them in! 

10 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

We need proven players, in all honestly the boy won't get the chance to learn. Couple mistakes and he will be hooked and benched.

We need tried and tested players. Anything less is futile IMO.

No more fucking around, the situation is getting desperate 

This reeks of a Zelalem, Dodoo, Dalcio etc etc type move. And this kid by all accounts hasn't ever even played a first team game, at any level. As good as it is to see MA doing his job, this is not what we need. Why couldn't we get Roberts given MAs connections there? That's how you make a statement, not this kid. 

We badly need proven quality in our team. Experience. Looks like a ridiculous signing to almost justify MAs place to the fans here. 

The poor kid doesn't know what he is letting himself in for up here. We are nowhere near good enough to blood any youngster into our team. We have zero stability. 

Might have scanned over his stats 2 goals in 30 games and just the 3 assists, all at youth team level. Bonkers. WTF is happening to us. 

Welcome anyway and I hope he enjoys his football here. Will look at the positives here and say that if he gets a few games and progresses this will open the door to them loaning us more experienced players in the future. They have had 3 loan players from Man City now and they have all made an impact. 

Just what we need someone who's never played first team football!, I take it that's walker and any other signings up the spout,probably brought in to replace dalcio another one who's awful! Just the signing we need to claim 3rd spot ?

So he looks shite on the youtube video? Using my past experience of getting a bit excited by players after watching youtube videos, i think he might be a good signing, seeing as the players who looked decent turned out to be mince.

Or that's a load of waffle, i will wait until i see him play for us before judging him.