New winger signed on loan

I'll reserve judgement on him until I see him in a blue shirt but I'm actually glad we have signed another winger as we were a bit short. Looking to the positives this guy could do a job for us for us, all great players have to start somewhere in the game who's to say he's not one of them. Don't know if that means we aren't going to go for Walker now or if they is any money left and we have to rely on loan deals from now on.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish the lad well.

If the deal is confirmed?

Lets hope he does not read this forum before making up his mind.

M.A. must surely think the boy has talent.

I thought most of the anti walker brigade (wait till jan & give hearts nothing) would be happy?

Hopefully some action on R.B/L.B.. can still be done before deadline

8 hours ago, Camshy said:

Totally annoyed at this, they sign Roberts and we get some wee guy with no experience........utter pish

8 hours ago, Camshy said:

Doesnt matter, why are we signing wee guys who have never played a proper game of football yet

r0berts is the same height, age and played one more game for city than this lad. 

So nobody had heard of him either before he arrived. 

Tube. 

9 minutes ago, BryceRFC1 said:

People writing him off already.

Allen will have worked alongside and seen him play for a number of years so need to put some faith in his judgement

You would think some on are scouts and have watched the boy in 50 matches.

Allen isn't going to recommend duds.

Get a DoF with great experience in from Man City and everyone seems excited by this.

Reactions point to said DoF hopefully being in a position of highlighting potential loan deals for young,exciting players from previous club.Things looking up at last.

First of these deals gets announced and already the lad is not what we need,has no talent and won't hack  it up here even before he has made it through our hallowed doorway.Mostly it seems based on YouTube videos.Gotta laugh!!!

Sorry I am a bit more old school than that and prefer to actually see a player in action before passing judgement and not just over a one or two game period either.Welcome to Ibrox young man and although your stay may be relatively short may it be very rewarding.

So the youth academy down there excelled, folk wanted Allan to use his contacts to at least bring in youths from there on loan and he's done that.

But folk are greeting about this in general, or the quality of a player they have never seen, or about it under-mining manager or being the DOF decision without any knowledge.

This place is mental on the day a new signing, in one of the positions we need strengthened, has been confirmed.

And Yeah, wonder why we cant get a 7m City player to come here for Scottish domestic fitba like the bheasts have managed to. CL has no impact whatsoever on these matters. Nope none at all.

2 minutes ago, OnwardsandUpwards said:

Get a DoF with great experience in from Man City and everyone seems excited by this.

Reactions point to said DoF hopefully being in a position of highlighting potential loan deals for young,exciting players from previous club.Things looking up at last.

First of these deals gets announced and already the lad is not what we need,has no talent and won't havk  it up here even before he has made it through our hallowed doorway.Mostly it seems based on YouTube videos.Gotta laugh!!!

Sorry I am a bit more old school than that and prefer to actually see a player in action before passing judgement and not just over a one or two game period either.Welcome to Ibrox young man and although your stay may be relatively short may it be very rewarding.

I blame EA Sports - "it"s in the game"

8 hours ago, The Godfather said:

The list is endless of these type of youth loans we have tried in the past that amount to nothing. The only one I can think of who actually improved us was Weiss but he was a fair bit ahead of this boy in terms of international football and experience even at that time. 

Fabrics Fernandez

Aaron Niguez

Lee Martin

Zelalum

Oduwa

Ball

'Arry Redknapp says he's being asked for loan fees of £1m if he wants to take EPL players who might work out in the championship.

I suspect that any that we're picking up, that don't have such a fee attached, are probably not up to much.

16 minutes ago, Boybluesy said:

This is a negotiation message to Ann Budge. We won't over pay for Walker.

I'm glad about that, exactky what we shoukd be doing to these clubs who want to have us over a barrell when negotiating deals for players.

26 minutes ago, Boybluesy said:

Same as Dorrans, Pena, Holt and Kranjar when he plays on in midfield. 

Was going to post exactly this:lol:

1 minute ago, Moody Blue said:

Time will tell on this one but our use of the loan market has been dreadful. If he'd come in before Dalcio and Candeias then I could accept it but I'm not sure why you'd take another winger when there's evident weaknesses elsewhere. 

The left wing is our most evident weakness for me, then the full backs.

Windass is a dreadful footballer, people say he is a good athlete? I would agree but he is a 100m sprint man and can't last the pace throughout the match like a long distance runner, we are lucky to get any more than 20 minutes out of him, which is no good.

Hope this boy can play on the left.

4 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

Time will tell on this one but our use of the loan market has been dreadful. If he'd come in before Dalcio and Candeias then I could accept it but I'm not sure why you'd take another winger when there's evident weaknesses elsewhere. 

Dalcio will never kick a ball for us think that's pretty obvious now. Unless we half half a team out injured. 

Weiss won a double here, embraced the club, but is now vilified by the support for having a twitter account.  Vuckic did well in a Rangers jersey but that was written off as meaningless since it was Championship football.  Hyndman did well for us initially but we had guys on here saying 'he was playing as part of a shite team and therefore his contribution was over exaggerated'.  Even Toral, who has previously won POTY for a Championship Club, is now labelled as "dug pish" after a poor few months for us.  Oduwa and Zelalem are technically gifted young players who our support just didn't take to either.  This young guy from Man City hasn't even played yet and he's being written off as 'another Dalcio'.  Dalcio is another youngster we have on loan who, after playing two competitive games for us, has been completely written off by our support.  These young guys are quite literally damned if they do, and damned if they don't.  We would be better off not bringing them in at all.

9 hours ago, Camshy said:

Totally annoyed at this, they sign Roberts and we get some wee guy with no experience........utter pish

The Roberts thing ,is as corrupt as fuck .

Name me one club that loans a player out with a creditable value for 3 years in a row ??

If Man City weren't full of glory hunting fans . They would be up in arms about this .

They are so cash rich with multi millionaire players . They just don't give a fuck about Roberts.

However if they had any brains . They would be asking questions .

We on the other hand . Know what's going down with Slanty eyes and his son