Sweepstake: Go away and comb monkeys

Anyone fancy a Portuguese idioms sweepstake with the Manager?

"Niko cannot play 10 minutes without breathing out his arse, yet he is as good as corn"

Here is a list of things we can potentially look forward to in the press conference after we have drawn with Ross County tomorrow:

1. A Portuguese does not “give up,” he “takes his little horse away from the rain.” (Tirar o cavalinho da chuva.)

2. A Portuguese does not “have a problem,” he “is done to the beef.” (Estou feito ao bife!)

3. A Portuguese does not want you “to leave him alone,” he wants you to “bother Camões.” (Vai chatear o Camões.)

4. A Portuguese does not “cause problems,” he “breaks all the dishes.” (Partir a loiça toda.)

5. For a Portuguese, you are not “sexy,” you are “as good as corn.” (Boa como o milho.)

6. A Portuguese does not “work a lot,” he “gets water up his beard.” (Água pela barba.)

7. A Portuguese does not “talk about the same thing over and over again,” he “turns the record and plays the same song”. (Gira o disco e toca o mesmo.)

8. A Portuguese does not do something “to show off,” he does it “so the English can see it.” (Para inglês ver.)

9. A Portuguese is not “shameless,” he has “a rotten face.” (Cara podre) Or he “has a lot of cans”. (Ter muita lata.)

10. A Portuguese does not just “shut up and listen to things he does not like,” he “swallows frogs.” (Engolir sapos.)

11. A Portuguese does not tell you to “piss off,” he tells you “to go to the place where Judas lost his boots.” (Onde Judas perdeu as botas) Or, he will tell you to “go away and comb monkeys.” (Vai pentear macacos)

12. A Portuguese does not “wake up angry,” he “wakes up with his feet outside.” (Com os pés de fora.)

13. A Portuguese is not “upset,” he is “with olive oil”. (Estar com os azeites.)

14. A Portuguese is not “experienced,” he has “spent many years turning chickens.” (São muitos anos a virar frangos.)

15. A Portuguese does not “think you have strange ideas,” he “thinks you have little monkeys inside your head.” (Ter macaquinhos na cabeça.)

16. For a Portuguese, something is not “really simple,” it is “bread to bread and cheese to cheese.” (Pão, pão, queijo, queijo.v)

17. A Portuguese does not “die,” he “goes from this one to a better one.” (Ir desta para melhor.) Or, he “goes off with the pigs.” (Ir com os porcos.)

18. A Portuguese does not “feel suspicious,” he “has a flea behind his ear.” (Estar com a pulga atrás da orelha.)

19. A Portuguese is not “worry free,” he “is sitting under banana tree.” (Estar a sombra da bananeira.)

20. A Portuguese is not “clumsy,” he “looks like a silly cockroach.”

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quite often see something posted off the cuff on here that suggests the poster to be stupid and bit of a tosser.

Rarely has so much effort gone into such a post, and the evidence of being such a knob so blatant and complete.

Full credit to you ML. You have excelled in doing just that.

6 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Quite often see something posted off the cuff on here that suggests the poster to be stupid and bit of a tosser.

Rarely has so much effort gone into such a post, and the evidence of being such a knob so blatant and complete.

Full credit to you ML. You have excelled in doing just that.

Er, no hecopied and pasted it. your post probably took more effort. :tu:

https://matadornetwork.com/notebook/20-funniest-portuguese-expressions-use/

6 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Er, no hecopied and pasted it. your post probably took more effort. :tu:

https://matadornetwork.com/notebook/20-funniest-portuguese-expressions-use/

So he put a bit of time to actually Google and plagiarise  in order to be that fud, acting like the tarriers are right now mocking Pedro.

Well bravo both of you

5 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Anyone fancy a Portuguese idioms sweepstake with the Manager?

"Niko cannot play 10 minutes without breathing out his arse, yet he is as good as corn"

Here is a list of things we can potentially look forward to in the press conference after we have drawn with Ross County tomorrow:

1. A Portuguese does not “give up,” he “takes his little horse away from the rain.” (Tirar o cavalinho da chuva.)

2. A Portuguese does not “have a problem,” he “is done to the beef.” (Estou feito ao bife!)

3. A Portuguese does not want you “to leave him alone,” he wants you to “bother Camões.” (Vai chatear o Camões.)

4. A Portuguese does not “cause problems,” he “breaks all the dishes.” (Partir a loiça toda.)

I stopped reading here. Your translation is not correct. 

"Ele quebras todos do pratos" / He breaks all of the dishes.

Fake news.

25 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

So he put a bit of time to actually Google and plagiarise  in order to be that fud, acting like the tarriers are right now mocking Pedro.

Well bravo both of you

Sense of humour bypass ?

Mourinho uses the phrase too, which I suspect Pedro knew when he said it. Way above the comprehension of your average tarrier.

8 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Sense of humour bypass ?

Mourinho uses the phrase too, which I suspect Pedro knew when he said it. Way above the comprehension of your average tarrier.

I have no issue with Pedro's phrase, that's not what the OP is about.

Acting like a tarrier mocking our manager, a wee jokey sweepstakes bit of pish, ties in beautifully if we can get a draw (op seems eager for this even). And not just posting it but creating a thread to do so. That's what this is about.

Who needs enemies......

1 hour ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Well bravo both of you

For fuck sake mate I was just having a laugh. Of course I don't want the manager to fail. 

Sorry I forgot to post the link. Crime of the fucking century.

Some people on here seem to have had a sense of humour bypass. 

1 hour ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Long winded way of telling us you want Rangers to draw today OP.

One for the watching you are....

My first one of them accusation, after 800 odd posts!

That must be some kind of RM record :lol:

Of course I don't want us to draw today. It was a joke. Obviously I'm not funny.