The game today

RFC55

Right for 45 minutes we dominated them and looked quite impressive without doing.too much.  Then there was a 15-20 minute spell of that second half that really did beggar belief. We were chronic. Miller was poor but for 5 mins you could see.Niko couldn't move. Why was Miller taken off before him?

To throw pena on who is woefuly short of match fitness ahead of rossiter was another strange decision. (I actually think pena showed he will offer something when up to speed) but that wasn't a game to throw him into imo and not at the point county where on top.

Two very nice goals today and good hassling by wee morelos for his second, we should have been on easy street. We were more comfortable than at any time in the last six.months first half. So why do we have these crazy lapses in games? happened against dunfermline as well at 2-0.

Imo after today the jury is still out on Pedro. I fear a spell like that against the taigs  or sheep tbh

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We are our own worst enemy at times and it is frustrating as fuck. Put ourselves under needless pressure with crazy decision making and piss poor passing. 

Need to learn how to kill off games because better teams would have made that 2-2 when we went defensive and started flapping.

Vital 3 points at the end of the day but Pedro still seems clueless.

2 minutes ago, JukeBoxJohn said:

We are our own worst enemy at times and it is frustrating as fuck. Put ourselves under needless pressure with crazy decision making and piss poor passing. 

Need to learn how to kill off games because better teams would have made that 2-2 when we went defensive and started flapping.

Vital 3 points at the end of the day but Pedro still seems clueless.

The ball for there goal was a cracker however it's niko  who should have been off five.mins before that losing it in the middle of the park that's caused it. He then stays on further five or.or . ten after it.

Was a ludicrous situation

See the thing is - I think we were still much the better team and in control up until their goal, they were getting back into it but we lost a goal from nowhere. They won the ball in their half and then 5 seconds later the ball was in the net. After that we looked shellshocked and we really need to address that. It's been a characteristic of our team for the last few years, we don't do well when we get pegged back. Need to calm down and regain the control we had.

Just now, Rfc52 said:

The ball for there goal was a cracker however it's niko  who should have been off five.mins before that losing it in the middle of the park that's caused it. He then stays on further five or.or . ten after it.

Was a ludicrous situation

Niko is useless in these sort of games mate, he should never be a starter in the league. By all means play him against lower league teams in the cup or bring him on when we're winning by a few goals but when you're in a battle he's never going to produce. 

44 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Right for 45 minutes we dominated them and looked quite impressive without doing.too much.  Then there was a 15-20 minute spell of that second half that really did beggar belief. We were chronic. Miller was poor but for 5 mins you could see.Niko couldn't move. Why was Miller taken off before him?

To throw pena on who is woefuly short of match fitness ahead of rossiter was another strange decision. (I actually think pena showed he will offer something when up to speed) but that wasn't a game to throw him into imo and not at the point county where on top.

Two very nice goals today and good hassling by wee morelos for his second, we should have been on easy street. We were more comfortable than at any time in the last six.months first half. So why do we have these crazy lapses in games? happened against dunfermline as well at 2-0.

Imo after today the jury is still out on Pedro. I fear a spell like that against the taigs  or sheep tbh

Todays win papers over the cracks im afraid ...we are pish .

1 hour ago, Rfc52 said:

I thought Pena showed some positivity, he was looking for one twos, making runs beyond the strikers which added a dimension which has been missing from our play this season. It didn't have a material effect today, but tactically I can understand that change and I liked what Pena was trying to do which worked well on a couple of occasions.

Rossiter on the other hand....all I can remember from him was gifting the ball away horrendously under no pressure which could have cost us as badly as Niko's error. I don't understand the hype around Rossiter. He might end up being a great player for us but he's not done anything in a Rangers shirt yet. His chance will come. 

I'm wanting more from Dorrans,  I expect him to demand and take the ball when we are under pressure...dictate the tempo more.  We do that and we can dominate for more than the 60 mins.  

I really like Dorrans and think he will be our stand out player, just want him to impose his qualities more on the game. 

1 hour ago, Rfc52 said:

I couldn't believe my eyes the way we were contriving to throw that game away....keeping possession should be the easiest thing on the planet when you have a 2 goal lead.....we constantly gave the ball away with bad decision making and some right woeful passing, 3-1 maybe just flattered us but that should be a typical game that you see through and win with a clean sheet.